Game Thread: Lady Vols vs Miss St : ,, SEC tournament - Round II

What really sucks about this game -- I mean seriously sucks -- is that we can see just how much talent Tennessee has, and just how much the game was still within range even with their poor play.
This game was out of range at half time! Westbrook is the only real basketball player on this team!

I will say, I love Anriel Howard and I think she is an amazing player. I do not think she should have been allowed to transfer within conference, even as a grad transfer. You look at their season and her transfer totally changed the SEC this year. MSST is nowhere close to this good without her. She should have been made to go to another conference or sit out a season. I think it sets a bad precedent and makes the league unfair.

I believe we will see more of this next couple of years. One of them might be Rennia if she doesn't transfer before then, sounds like she will graduate early. I do not think they should be able to transfer as grad transfers within the conference without sitting out. Transfer to another conference and play immediately or transfer within conference and take a year off. Nothing stop the best players from under performing teams all transferring to the hot team of the moment, just like Anriel did.

Reactions: Amb3096 and Ace
This game was out of range at half time! Westbrook is the only real basketball player on this team!

I disagree. We have good players who are poorly coached.
I have not seen anyone mention this, but often turnovers are a result of conditioning. State’s physical condition was so much better than us. Hard to defend and compete when other team is better conditioned.

I say, decline that invitation

I actually hope they’d accept so that, at the very least, the program could still truthfully claim to have been invited to post-season tournaments every year. 😀

I actually hope they’d accept so that, at the very least, the program could still truthfully claim to have been invited to post-season tournaments every year. 😀

If they go and win several games on talent alone, it might give Fulmer ammunition to keep Holly.

Ace - how can this be? At this point in the season, how can a team be less conditioned?

I will say, I love Anriel Howard and I think she is an amazing player. I do not think she should have been allowed to transfer within conference, even as a grad transfer. You look at their season and her transfer totally changed the SEC this year. MSST is nowhere close to this good without her. She should have been made to go to another conference or sit out a season. I think it sets a bad precedent and makes the league unfair.

I believe we will see more of this next couple of years. One of them might be Rennia if she doesn't transfer before then, sounds like she will graduate early. I do not think they should be able to transfer as grad transfers within the conference without sitting out. Transfer to another conference and play immediately or transfer within conference and take a year off. Nothing stop the best players from under performing teams all transferring to the hot team of the moment, just like Anriel did.

Miss St and SCAR are using this strategy quite effectively. A grad transfer like Howard could help the LVs next year. Wish we'd pick up one or two.

Reactions: W.TN.Orange Blood
I disagree. We have good players who are poorly coached.
I have not seen anyone mention this, but often turnovers are a result of conditioning. State’s physical condition was so much better than us. Hard to defend and compete when other team is better conditioned.

Yes I know we played yesterday

Miss St and SCAR are using this strategy quite effectively. A grad transfer like Howard could help the LVs next year. Wish we'd pick up one or two.

I don't think we can attract any top level transfers, especially not from other SEC teams. They are too familiar with the situation and don't want to play for Holly. That's why we had no shot at Danni Williams or Anriel last season and ended up with someone like Lou Brown instead. Nobody in their right mind who has seen/heard Holly from the sidelines would want to play for her. Plus players within the league are often friendly, they know what's going on behind closed doors where we do not.

VN Store

Back