Game Thread: LADY VOLS VS. #22/25 ARKANSAS

Posts haven't had to dominate us, though Lord knows they could have, especially someone like Boston. But this seems to be the year of the quick, hot shooting guard or wing in the SEC so they get to eat our lunch.
SC tried to go inside a few times early and a lot of shots were blocked they then started using the guards and Hebert for the short jumpers. Tennessee did block 11 shots in that game. Texas tried to use their post were refused many time by Key. the one thing Key is fairly good at even as a freshmen is defending the post against drives and post ups.

SC tried to go inside a few times early and a lot of shots were blocked they then started using the guards and Hebert for the short jumpers. Tennessee did block 11 shots in that game. Texas tried to use their post were refused many time by Key. the one thing Key is fairly good at even as a freshmen is defending the post against drives and post ups.

I agree we just need to do a better Job at defending the 3 ? ARK tried to go inside at the start of the game a there shots got sent back. And poor Lou KJH will need to make decision do you stick with her in the starting lineup ? against teams like ARK and looked awful on the offensive end shooting last night.

Reactions: Prophet1
I love our LVs, and I love our coach --- winning is great, but at the end of the day, it is just a silly game ---- peace to y'all

Reactions: VolBall09
I agree we just need to do a better Job at defending the 3 ? ARK tried to go inside at the start of the game a there shots got sent back. And poor Lou KJH will need to make decision do you stick with her in the starting lineup ? against teams like ARK and looked awful on the offensive end shooting last night.
I have alway thought we should go with Horston over Lou makes us a lot quicker and better defensively. Horston played a steady game last night didn't try to do to much or anything spectacular that is the way she needs to play every game.

I have alway thought we should go with Horston over Lou makes us a lot quicker and better defensively. Horston played a steady game last night didn't try to do to much or anything spectacular that is the way she needs to play every game.

Her turnovers hurt us, as did everyone's, but this is one issue Lou usually doesn’t present.

Reactions: Volfaninfl2

I agree good post !

Not steady last night. 6 t.o.s in 22 mins, including 2 very costly ones that quelched our comeback effort.

No matter her contributions on offense, and she has had some, her penchant for turnovers is just too costly to play her any more than you have to. In our current 5 game losing streak, JH has had 7, 6, 5, 6, 6 t.os. Simply cannot withstand this and playing through the struggle has not seemed to help her.

Lou of course is limited, and along w JM had one of her most inconsistent games last night. But I still think at this point she's a net gain over JH.

BTW the Lou or Jordan and the Rae or Jordan question kinda sadly reflects KJH current roster situation - which lovable but currently limited player hurts us least?

Davis also left her aggressiveness in Ktown in seemed. I felt she played tentative but you might do that when you get clobbered a couple of times around the bucket early in the game and nothing is called.

Not steady last night. 6 t.o.s in 22 mins, including 2 very costly ones that quelched our comeback effort.

No matter her contributions on offense, and she has had some, her penchant for turnovers is just too costly to play her any more than you have to. In our current 5 game losing streak, JH has had 7, 6, 5, 6, 6 t.os. Simply cannot withstand this and playing through the struggle has not seemed to help her.

Lou of course is limited, and along w JM had one of her most inconsistent games last night. But I still think at this point she's a net gain over JH.

BTW the Lou or Jordan and the Rae or Jordan question kinda sadly reflects KJH current roster situation - which lovable but currently limited player hurts us least?
11 versus 6 and I don't like the turnovers but 6 rebounds 4 assists and 1 steal versus six can be called a steady performance.

Reactions: madtownvol
Nothing on this forum amuses me more than the Volfan2012 mathematical hot takes...
Anyone with any sense at all would know that 6 rebounds and one steal account for 7 possessions and 6 turnovers account for six negative possessions for a plus one in overall possessions.Then four assists mean four baskets so that is also a positive. O course if UT Martin had just made that free throw I could have laughed you off the board.

Her turnovers hurt us, as did everyone's, but this is one issue Lou usually doesn’t present.

Lou had a tough night. Missed several open threes and had several bad, costly turnovers.

Love her hustle and desire, but she was off her game even though she had some good moments.

I agree. I like Lou a lot but Jordan is the future. She does a lot of really good things for us.
Yes, TOs are a problem and I’m sure she is more frustrated by them than anyone on this board. I have great confidence that she will get this figured out and to do that she may just need to play through it. Not suggesting a cash transaction but I bet her TO/min are down the rest of the year and halved next season. Love this kid and Key. Bright futures!

I agree. I like Lou a lot but Jordan is the future. She does a lot of really good things for us.
Yes, TOs are a problem and I’m sure she is more frustrated by them than anyone on this board. I have great confidence that she will get this figured out and to do that she may just need to play through it. Not suggesting a cash transaction but I bet her TO/min are down the rest of the year and halved next season. Love this kid and Key. Bright futures!
She is far better defensively and that could be as much a positive as anything.

Anyone with any sense at all would know that 6 rebounds and one steal account for 7 possessions and 6 turnovers account for six negative possessions for a plus one in overall possessions.Then four assists mean four baskets so that is also a positive. O course if UT Martin had just made that free throw I could have laughed you off the board.

Are you having, like, three conversations here?

Reactions: VolBall09
They all apply to you

You would be better serves to get back on the post that are for visiting teams. One day you might find yourself without an account on this board.

Another response butchered...
deja_q_hd_046_resized_6484.jpg

VN Store

Back