Game Thread: Lady Vols vs. (13/13) Arkansas

Turnover 11 to 10 for them and that is high for them. They shot 30 threes made 9 which is way below what they usually do. They got 69 shots and we got 69 shots. They only shoot 32 percent we shot 54 percent. They had 24 free throws made 20. Davis plays 37 minutes with 0 turnovers.

Are we officially sold that KJH is the coach for us #iAM!!
As soon as she does this on a fairly consistent basis.
Turnover 11 to 10 for them and that is high for them
7 of our TOs came from 2 players, Marta and Horston. Burrell and Davis had only 1 btw them, a minor miracle. I bet you'd have to go waaayy back to find another game where Davis had none. A magical night for her. But yeah, 11 tos makes a huge difference in our chances, espec against good teams

What a great game! What a fantastic game! Won and looked good doing it! Guess what? The Lady Vols are good-REALLY GOOD. For those that keep hoping we just don’t lose by much, you can be a little more positive and maybe a little less critical in these game threads. Guess what else? The Lady Vols looked like a really well Coached team! Loving it! GO LADY VOLS!!!

The Lady Vols are good-REALLY GOOD. For those that keep hoping we just don’t lose by much, you can be a little more positive and maybe a little less critical in these g,ame threads
The Lady Vols were good - REALLY GOOD tonight. Now they need to be good - REALLY GOOD, and competitive against other good teams consistently. Have not done that yet. When they do, I'll get a little more positive and a little less critical.

the Lady Vols were good - REALLY GOOD tonight. Now they need to be good, and competitive against good teams consistently. Have not done that yet. When they do, I'll get a little more positive and a little less critical.

I get that... but for me i’m gonna enjoy this.

The reason 2nd top 15 win but most of all! THEY FOLLOWED THE GAME PLAN. it’s been so long and i enjoyed it

Holly did recruit her but she told the staff early that she wasn’t interested. It wasn’t for lack of effort. She just didn’t want to come to Tennessee.

Ok, my bad. I was thinking Holly had others she was wanting at UT & didn't recruit Ryan as hard as the others..

Holly did recruit her but she told the staff early that she wasn’t interested. It wasn’t for lack of effort. She just didn’t want to come to Tennessee.
I believe I read somewhere that Rhyne was irritated because UT did not recruit her as heavily as they recruited some other out-of- state players.

THEY FOLLOWED THE GAME PLAN. it’s been so long and i enjoyed it
For sure. It's the magical part of coaching. Almost anyone with any coaching chops can come up with the x and o's but making the team implement them consistently is IMO the hardest part of coaching. It's what Geno does so well. It's what Holly could never do (along with player development). It's what KJH has been only sporadically able to do. May tonight be her great awakening.

What a great game! What a fantastic game! Won and looked good doing it! Guess what? The Lady Vols are good-REALLY GOOD. For those that keep hoping we just don’t lose by much, you can be a little more positive and maybe a little less critical in these game threads. Guess what else? The Lady Vols looked like a really well Coached team! Loving it! GO LADY VOLS!!!
An excellent win for the LadyVols and outstanding team play. If they keep going in this direction they can and will go far. And yes, Kellie Harper is the right person to be our coach and should have been years ago.

I wouldn't even start a big...I'd wait and bring them in once the speedsters got done terrorizing Ark...., I would go with Rennia, Jordan H, Rae, Marta and JoJo (Possibly even Destiny)...Even without a true post, we still tower over them as a group so if we all crash the boards, we would still dominate on the boards. Once I see how that goes, I bring in Key and KK or Emily and slow it down (and give them fair warning that they weren't in there to cruise, they were in there to punish,,,,And if Ark got frisky again, attack them with guards, full court or half-court pickup

You don't slow down Arkansas, they let you go slow and then speed back up on their possession...so trying to slow them down by trying to pace the game on offense won;t work,,,you have to attack their dribble

You attack an attacker
You press a presser

I'd run a series of presses at them full court 3-1-1, 2-1-1-1, half court 3-1-1 pickup,
As soon as the ball gets on step across the half-court line, trap-city!
Don't let their guards and shooters have a moment to breathe and we will whip this team,,,by a ton!

But will we do something like that?
If we do,
Coach Jumper's prediction : UT 82 ARK 66

If we don't
Coach Jumper's prediction : UT 82 ARK 80

got the spread right, just missed the numbers.
Well, we did it, attacked their guards,,,played small ball until KK began to beat them up in the post.
You're getting there Coach K
;o)
Good strong win

VN Store

Back