Game Thread: Lady Vols vs. (13/13) Arkansas

Harper's best win here by far. Especially in light of the circumstances. Very nice game planning, full advantage taken of favorable matchups. Also very good subbing, all the way down to the Emily mins. Good call sitting Marta most of second half, the layoff seems to have been unkind to her. Harper's best coaching effort as LV head.

Best LV offense in years, not unrelated to the superior game plan. Also not unrelated to enjoying vintage Rennia Davis tonight. What a joy to see any LV be exactly the player you know she should be. Doesn't happen often enough. Of course Rennia's sorta perfect night was not unrelated to the awesome balance. Four in double figs, Burrell an equal scoring threat. Throw in maybe KK's best game and I'm totally pinching myself. Overall solid contributions from Horston, Walker, Salary and rebounding that has Pat smiling down. Damn, I must be dreaming.

KK played 25 minutes tonight and didn't look completely gassed, with 11 pts, 6 RB's, and only 1 TO. That's a huge step forward for the team if she can contribute a solid 25 minutes every game. However, she shot 1-5 from the FT line which will drag her .500 average down even further and make her a liability in close games.
Agree ...she overmatched the Ark player that guarded her.Give a lot of credit to guards getting her the ball and she actually caught the ball tonite in good position to shoot it.

They had a hard job getting threes off most of our players were able to fight through screens. They have small quick players and their screeners move just enough to try to edge you out to give them space. Tonight we only had one player having trouble with that everyone else was fighting through and forcing them to drive.

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
Harper's best win here by far. Especially in light of the circumstances. Very nice game planning, full advantage taken of favorable matchups. Also very good subbing, all the way down to the Emily mins. Good call sitting Marta most of second half, the layoff seems to have been unkind to her. Harper's best coaching effort as LV head.

Best LV offense in years, not unrelated to the superior game plan. Also not unrelated to enjoying vintage Rennia Davis tonight. What a joy to see any LV be exactly the player you know she should be. Doesn't happen often enough. Of course Rennia's sorta perfect night was not unrelated to the awesome balance. Four in double figs, Burrell an equal scoring threat. Throw in maybe KK's best game and I'm totally pinching myself. Overall solid contributions from Horston, Walker, Salary and rebounding that has Pat smiling down. Damn, I must be dreaming.

Hell of a game plan... How awesome that the ladies came out and executed!!

Coach Harper had a great game plan and good rotation of players in this game.Key has to get her head and body in the game .....just mind boggling.If KK can play like she did tonite so can Key.

The slow tempo paid big benefit tonite.,They took their time for the most part on offensive end and broke down Ark's defense many times in addition to eating clock.Plus they actually ran some offensive sets efficiently tonite.

Congrats Coach Harper
Really great summary ...I said the same thing but near as articulately as you did .

Marta was a liability tonite .....I do not recall seeing her in the game in the 4th quarter and that was a good decision by Coach Harper.
As long as she wants to dribble dribble dribble she needs to stay on the bench. Not in good shape and clomps up and down court. Like her but she has to hit the scales and track. Key is way more concerned with something other than her determination! Looked like effort is lacking and KK must have found it. Even Emily contributed! Greaat overall game that was about to get out of hand early!

VN Store

Back