Game Thread: Lady Vols Versus Vanderbilt

As much as I don't like saying this, I'll take a 17 pt win in Nashville in that "gym" and be as happy as I can be right now. Was it ugly? Absolutely it was, but no matter what, Vandy always plays us tough, especially in Memorial. As much as I want a coaching change ASAP, I just cannot and will not hope for losses. I love the Lady Vols and have for over thirty years now (I'm turning 38 this year). Just beyond ready to see this freefall end, and us return to where we belong.

Do Holly know if we don’t go to the NCAA tourney it will BE THE FIRST TIME EVER!!!
I would like someone to compile all the bad records she has broken since she was GIVEN the helm.
I would say she knows every detail of every possible thing she is targeted for.

Any predictions on the Mississippi St game ?

I don’t like making predictions, but my biggest fear is that McGowan will do to Tennessee what Brittany Griner used to do. Like Griner, when McGowan gets a couple of crushing, volleyball spike-like blocks under belt, she can be an unstoppable monster in the paint. o_O

As much as I don't like saying this, I'll take a 17 pt win in Nashville in that "gym" and be as happy as I can be right now. Was it ugly? Absolutely it was, but no matter what, Vandy always plays us tough, especially in Memorial. As much as I want a coaching change ASAP, I just cannot and will not hope for losses. I love the Lady Vols and have for over thirty years now (I'm turning 38 this year). Just beyond ready to see this freefall end, and us return to where we belong.

Now here is a true fan. Thank God you still exist in this land of fakes and phonies

I don’t like making predictions, but my biggest fear is that McGowan will do to Tennessee what Brittany Griner used to do. Like Griner, when McGowan gets a couple of crushing, volleyball spike-like blocks under belt, she can be an unstoppable monster in the paint. o_O

Push her.

If she doesn't like to be pushed,
push her more

Get her out of her game and into her mind

Reactions: feathersax

Yep, that gym is a notoriously tough place to play, even the Men struggled there this season. It is a weird paradox-- on the one hand the same people who are posting that this team is so terrible they won't win another game and will miss the tourney for sure ARE also complaining that it is a travesty the LVs only won by 17.

Damned if you and damned if don't I suppose...

Last edited:
Reactions: BleedOrange1808
Let`s back it up. First of all Pat would never have coached this team the way Holly has second we all know Holly has done a awful job with the talent she has.
Seriously not being sarcastic but besides Westbrook where do you see the talent?

Seriously not being sarcastic but besides Westbrook where do you see the talent?

Davis, Zaay and Rae, If you don`t use players correctly it`s a wast of talent and right now it`s wasted, like i said in another post Dawn pulled Cooper and turned to the fr Destanni Henderson and she lit Ark up. Dawn just said she will be playing a lot from here on out And 6-2 Victaria Saxton, Dawn did say she was trying to shorten the bench but now she thinks it`s not gonna work. PG1 thanks

It seems like every team we play can just drive to the basket with ease, number 2 for Vandy. Also, the read and react offense does not work. I liked how KK seems to have improved and love Zay and Mimi's hustle. Massengill gives almost nothing offensively and poor Rae just seems totally lost on both ends of the court

Plus the other girl was inside the circle. Refs are definitely trying to keep Vandy in it

Not trying to cover for the refs but in this instance the restricted area is not in play because KK did not receive the ball outside the "defensive lower box" and drive toward the basket. Still does not mean the girl had established a legal guarding position....

Okay, for the people that said we're complaining because won by 17, like did you legit watch the game. It was single digits until Vandy stupidly decided to start intentionally fouling with 3 minutes to go, when they could've played the possessions out. Because we weren't hitting nothing in the final minutes. We had like 6 or 7 off possessions in that period or more and still came away with no points. Only good thing is that they hit their free throws. SN: White is going to get canned real soon.

Reactions: zaqhhh
Now here is a true fan. Thank God you still exist in this land of fakes and phonies

Actually I'd say those of us who are sick of seeing a below mediocre coach destroy this program are the "true fans" if that's really the card you want to play. Just like in politics some of you will blindly follow the the person with a D or R at the end of their name regardless if their position is harmful to your best interests or not. Like it or not the end is coming for Holly and there will be a huge celebration when it happens.

Hahaha..this has turned to a site that anyone can come and laugh, I'm enjoying reading all posts.

Not a CHW lover AT ALL I am a LV fan and if she succeeds they succeed. However, how come you drop these bombs like the ladies will lose but never return if they win? Are you a fan of the LV or would you rather they lose?

AGAIN this is not defending Holly this is a question. Would you rather they lose or they win with Holly?

Hard to hear that Holly is great Lady Vol forever who has love deep in her DNA.... I would agree... but when factor in fact that she will stay in job until she is forced out.... can she not sees that her team is not being developed properly nor have they ever in her tenure..... it is ok we still may make the tournament this year

The Lady's have 7 more games before the SEC Tournament, only two of those games, Vandy and Ole Miss, appear to be an easy win. They could possibly lose 5 of the seven, they might beat Auburn. They could be 17-12, or 18-11, I would think that they will have to win at least 2 , or 3, SEC Tournament games to be a lock to receive an NCAA bid. I think the fact that they have never missed an NCAA bid will play a major factor with the tournament selectors, however, if they can muster 20 wins they get a bid.

Reactions: Nute Gunray
Not a CHW lover AT ALL I am a LV fan and if she succeeds they succeed. However, how come you drop these bombs like the ladies will lose but never return if they win? Are you a fan of the LV or would you rather they lose?

AGAIN this is not defending Holly this is a question. Would you rather they lose or they win with Holly?
You didn't ask me but my 2 cents anyway. For me its not really wanting winning or losing. Instead I want consistently sharp, focused, smart, well-coached, dialed-in teams who actually improve over the coarse of the season as both individuals and as a team. I want them to be at least competitive with elite teams. I want them to be fun to watch again. Kind of like our men's team for example, and like other elite women's teams.

I'm just not a fan of winning ultra-ugly. Of course its better than losing, but not much. It also completely removes us from any conversation as an elite team who actually competes for championships.

Reactions: Momto2
Okay, for the people that said we're complaining because won by 17, like did you legit watch the game. It was single digits until Vandy stupidly decided to start intentionally fouling with 3 minutes to go, when they could've played the possessions out. Because we weren't hitting nothing in the final minutes. We had like 6 or 7 off possessions in that period or more and still came away with no points. Only good thing is that they hit their free throws. SN: White is going to get canned real soon.

It was more like 2 and half to go and Vandy had to start fouling because LVs had pushed the lead up 9 or 10 points. It is a common strategy to milk the clock and hope teams miss their FT. The LVs didn't.

Ya'll hear when poor Nell Fortner could find zero words to explain our offensive alignment? Stumbled around a bit trying to figure who the hell was playing the 4 then finally laughed and said Tennessee was playing a "positionless" offense. Yeah, we've noticed.

It was more like 2 and half to go and Vandy had to start fouling because LVs had pushed the lead up 9 or 10 points. It is a common strategy to milk the clock and hope teams miss their FT. The LVs didn't.
I know it's common. I'm saying they didn't have to cause we were quick shooting the ball. It wasn't like we were making the shots either. We weren't milking the clock at all we shot like every possession 5 to 10 seconds into the shot clock. Even when we'd get the offensive rebound instead of pulling it out we chunked it right back up. So really they didn't have to start fouling that early.

VN Store

Back