Game Thread Lady Vols v Georgia: Sun 1PM @ TBA; SEC-network

O I DEFINITELY agree with the Jackson comment, I don’t think there was ever a disagreement on her in the first place though. I could be missing something.

Her defensive and rebounding game has definitely elevated, which we needed. We were getting completely out-rebounded earlier in the year and since she’s been coming off the bench and making rebounding more of a priority, our numbers have totally flipped, aside from today.

That argument comment i made wasn't as much for you as for anyone else reading it lol

yes 🙌🏽 and i think the recent numbers are more of who are team is! I also still think we may over share the ball for 2-3 possessions which causes turnovers . Sometimes i'm like JUST SHOOT and go get the rebound 😂but i think this team wants to be unselfish lol

P.S. i think you'll appreciate my most recent post😂

I give her that, she’s definitely and emotional leader, I just need her to play to her potential. If she wants to win a national championship, she has the pieces to make a deep run, but I really feel our season hinges upon her play against the elite teams, she has to clean it up. Rickea has been phenomenal….consistently, just need Jordan to get on board with the consistently with her play on the court. It’ll be okay against the mediocre teams, but good teams, we need her.

I agree on the comment about Rickea, sis is officially in her bag at Tennessee!!!!
Some games horston can be super girl other nights bat girl and on some nights just one of the super friends. jackson does not force her game as much as horston . horston passes better plays defence better role player or clue player need to know their roles so does bat girl and super girl.

I have a theory re:RJ starting and minutes. It seems Kellie is very careful in managing Rikea’s minutes both how many and when she gets them.
It could be she has exercise induced asthma. Did she play 40 minutes for State?
Jordy does seem to take things to heart. Special young lady. Only good thoughts going her way!

I have a theory re:RJ starting and minutes. It seems Kellie is very careful in managing Rikea’s minutes both how many and when she gets them.
Jordy does seem to take things to heart. Special young lady. Only good thoughts going her way!
not force shots or plays key to deep run . goes for whole team.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
if that were the case you would want her rest to come while she's playing, not before. I contend those first few mins of each half, when no one's tired, are wasted rest for RJ. She can and has p!aged 30, all the more reason to properly manage her rests

Reactions: 37620VOL
Some games horston can be super girl other nights bat girl and on some nights just one of the super friends. jackson does not force her game as much as horston . horston passes better plays defence better role player or clue player need to know their roles so does bat girl and super girl.
Horston has been less than stellar the last two games.She needs to pick it up against good teams like SC and LSU.

if that were the case you would want her rest to come while she's playing, not before. I contend those first few mins of each half, when no one's tired, are wasted rest for RJ. She can and has p!aged 30, all the more reason to properly manage her rests
My thought was she can play x minutes at a time and so Kellie delays her entry to have either JH or RJ on the court as much as possible. Just conjecture.

Mississippi, don’t quote me! Can’t fool me, welcome back to the board, I suggest you take a different route with the board this time around. I could catch your tone of post from a mile away, I wasn’t going to say anything until you quoted me. I didn’t like your condescending post, and “stand on business” quotes then, and I won’t like them now. Have a good day.
I never got the " stand on business "..sounds uneducated..

Plus: first half defense was good. Jackson was good, of course. Our 3-point shooting, by our less than stellar standard, was very good today--we made 8 (more than double our average, I think); and we were solid at the free-throw line. Nice assist number as well.

Minus: Turnovers, again: 23 is terrible. Horston was....not good: poor shooting and 7 TOs. Our bigs did little.

As we go forward I'm sure we'll see opponents double Jackson and make Horston and rest of the team beat them.

Agreed not Horston best game but she was very calm under pressure and made several that led to baskets through her patience and court vision. Double teaming Jackson will be fine,. One she moves off the ball so well that, well you can't double her if you can't find her and second, this team is getting much, much better at moving the ball and finding the open player.

I mean okay….not changing my mind. She’s shown flashes but AGAIN….inconsistent. She’s not elite, but can be if she was more consistent. 1st team All-Americans are elite and she’s not playing like one. I’m glad we have her and have always enjoyed Jordan’s play when she’s mentally in the game.

Accurate. Jackson is the All-American on this team, and it's scary to think where they would be without her.

Horston gonna Horston...

LOL poor Jazzy P. It is like a bad joke at this point. And the play ain't hard to figure. Give the ball to Rickea and hit the boards. Hell let her bring it up in that situation. I really think Powell can be alot better, and we need her to be. JW does yoemans duty on D but just does not handle the press well.

So much like Holdsclaw's game and also with that cool, absolute scorer's mentality. Nothing forced. Reminds me a bit of Gwen Jackson when she scores down low. She is so fun to watch.

Lots of presses, lots of zones coming up for the LVs., Lots of double teams and rough stuff coming up for RJ. She seems to pass out of the double pretty well, we have to keep stringing together the 3s like we did today.

RJ has pretty much rampaged thru the lower echelon of the SEC. Can't wait to see how she does against the better teams.

Great crowd today. Biggest in awhile. I hated that the game was kind of sloggy for them.

I am officially concerned about Jasmine Powell. She seems to be caught in the vicious cycle of self-doubt and over thinking which leads to mistakes which leads to more self-doubt and hesitancy. The staff really needs to find a way to help her find herself. On the more positive flipside, Jordan Walker is going the opposite direction. She is feeling it. Great defensive work, making plays and good decisions, and now hitting some shots. She still has a tendency to drives into "the trees" where the outcomes are generally not good but overall, on a great run of form.

During the game, I was thinking RJ is the closest player I have seen to Holdsclaw. Awesome to watch. Honestly, I would keep her on the floor till she collapses from sheer exhaustion and has to have an IV and then I would still ask her if she could push through the fatigue.

On the sub thing, I expect we will see this line-up not change unless injuries force a change. We saw the best of times in the 1st quarter where the starters got off to a great start, particularly on the defensive end and the worst of times, 3rd quarter, where they seems completely discombobulated. But, CKH got Rickea in pretty quickly. As long as she is willing to make a sub at the first sign of trouble, it will be fine with RJ being the most talented and skilled "6th man" in the history of basketball.

Last edited:
Kellie on Jackson's play:

If I had one critique of her tonight, I would've liked her to have taken a couple of more shots. I thought looking for a couple more opportunities maybe.

If only there was some way coach could facilitate that... :rolleyes:

Candace Parker was at the game for the Summitt uni debut and not one mention from the SEC TV announcing team. BOOOOO!

Last edited:
Reactions: Volfaninfl2

VN Store

Back