Game Thread Lady Vols v Georgia: Sun 1PM @ TBA; SEC-network

I am so glad we have Rickea.
Not sure we would win the ballgame. In the first half she had 19 points. Without her there would
have beena 1 point difference in the halftime
score. If she gets hurt its over for the season.

That wedgie free throw sums up our guards energy today. They’re just going through the motions very disappointed in the upper classwomens performance these last two games. Rickea and Tess along with Karo on the other hand have been Lifesavers. I love the way they approach every game like they have something to prove. Rickea’s early season woes are a thing of the past she’s clearly hitting her stride and settling into her role. Man I wish we could have her for 2 seasons she’s giving me Holdsclaw Flashbacks with her midrange game .

I swear, Jordan Horston’s passing and awareness hasn’t been there today. She looks lackadaisical with just about everything she has done today. We may get this win, but the turnovers are atrocious. Even Darby’s passing right before the timeout was a flat footed pass that Georgia blocked out of bounds.

Lucky today. We are fortunate our opponent wasn’t ready to start the game. Because lord knows we spent the rest of the game not finishing it.

Without that 21-8 first quarter we lose this game on hustle and focus.

Seems like maybe the coaches stopped whatever they were doing for turnovers? Whatever the case it needs addressed again. It was much better and now suddenly it’s back to rear it’s ugly head.

Horston in particular has to be stronger with the ball. The last two games she’s just getting it taken right out of her hands. Teams have enough film from this season now they know what she wants to do. She has to adjust.

That wedgie free throw sums up our guards energy today. They’re just going through the motions very disappointed in the upper classwomens performance these last two games. Rickea and Tess along with Karo on the other hand have been Lifesavers. I love the way they approach every game like they have something to prove. Rickea’s early season woes are a thing of the past she’s clearly hitting her stride and settling into her role. Man I wish we could have her for 2 seasons she’s giving me Holdsclaw Flashbacks with her midrange game .
The wedgie is a problem on that goal. Has happened in the last 2 mens games also, on the same basket.

Smh, I’m sure it’s been said somewhere in this thread but thank God for Rickea! This team is so bad outside of her Striplin, and Darby this year. Jordan shows flashes, but as always, inconsistent. If we’re planning on making it deep in March, we need better play from EVERYONE.

I know some will say a win is a win, but they’ve been having full on collapses these last halves of games. Just complete lackadaisical, uninterested, mental breakdowns, no defense, this team feels as though they are unbeatable right now.

Smh, I’m sure it’s been said somewhere in this thread but thank God for Rickea! This team is so bad outside of her Striplin, and Darby this year. Jordan shows flashes, but as always, inconsistent. If we’re planning on making it deep in March, we need better play from EVERYONE.
Delusional

23 TO just isn't going to cut it. Of course I am glad UT won the game, but UGA also shot 0 of 14 from the 3. UGA had 62 FG attempts to UT 49. That's not enough FG attempts. Thank goodness for Darby and Jackson the last few games while Horston is having off games here lately. Either way UT needs you Hortson.
On a positive note 6 and 0 in the SEC and all by double digits!! Let's get another one Thursday against UF.

VN Store

Back