Game Thread Lady Vols at Oklahoma State

Overall, this is the best we've played all year. We tend to play down to the level of the competition so we look mediocre against the cupcakes. We played tough, outrebounded them 45-28, and our PG played the way we need her to play all season.

Holly starting to impress thought she was going to keep up the same things she was doing in the first half but she didn't extended on the shooters made them drive and take the twos. Like I thought they were terrible in there as they never shoot them in practice in there but they practice that 3 point set for hours. Great job Holly.

Today was the first time that I got a chance to watch the Lady Vols, this year. I was really impressed. They move the ball well and seem very unselfish. Looks like Westbrook has stepped up her game and the freshman, Zae looks like a baller. Thought the defense was a turnover making machine which led to a lot of lay-ups and easy points for a very athletic team. I also, thought the LVs played smart, especially late in the game in running the clock and after offensive rebounds. They actually looked well coached and it's been a while since I said that. I know it's only one game and they have struggled in other games (UAB), the future looks bright. They just became most see TV for me, for the first time in a couple of years, although I always check the score, stats and highlights for every game. This team seems to have something about 'em and are so young, so they could have a nice run over the coming years

Last edited:
Look, if you’re going to play aggressive defense, you’re going to rack up fouls. That’s always a constant in the game of BB. Now, grow up and stop the constant bitching about the officiating.

23 to 12 isn’t bitching about the officials it’s a stating a fact I would think. While we took a lot of jump shots there were some (quite a few) offensive rebounds the LV grabbed and as aggressive as OK St was ok trying to box us out there were few foul calls. Some of those were in the 4th quarter too trying to foul and play aggressive so they could have had under double digits which just seems odd for as physical the game was.

23 to 12 isn’t bitching about the officials it’s a stating a fact I would think. While we took a lot of jump shots there were some (quite a few) offensive rebounds the LV grabbed and as aggressive as OK St was ok trying to box us out there were few foul calls. Some of those were in the 4th quarter too trying to foul and play aggressive so they could have had under double digits which just seems odd for as physical the game was.

Agreed, I thought our team was actually very mature in how they handled the lopsided whistles. Just, “on to the next play”, saw them communicating, Meme helping Zaay keep her head in the game. Good stuff.

Last edited:
Holly starting to impress thought she was going to keep up the same things she was doing in the first half but she didn't extended on the shooters made them drive and take the twos. Like I thought they were terrible in there as they never shoot them in practice in there but they practice that 3 point set for hours. Great job Holly.

Agreed. Even hampered by foul trouble, I thought that, overall, Tennessee had a good game and that Holly had a good game.

I'm still with all the others who wish she'd use more tineouts, though.

that was yesterday, like band camp

Please just stop with your ridiculous attachment to Meme like you are her personal advisor. I know how that quest turned out. I was laughing about it because I do know her personally... I was not making a dig at her, which I don’t do, and wouldn’t have to answer to you if I did.

Reactions: sisaq
Please just stop with your ridiculous attachment to Meme like you are her personal advisor. I know how that quest turned out. I was laughing about it because I do know her personally... I was not making a dig at her, which I don’t do, and wouldn’t have to answer to you if I did.

The personal advisor part is funny lol

Reactions: T_Vol376

VN Store

Back