Game Thread: LADY VOLS AT NO. 6/6 MISSISSIPPI STATE

I did not know that Westbrook didn’t play and I was working during game. I caught Holly’s postgame - nothing unusual other than she did not seem upset they lost. She just said they would watch the tape and learn from it.

I appreciate the game Davis played today, but I suspected we would lose big and we did. Nothing about the players we have it is about the coaching they get. The defense is terrible not only in this game remember the weak alabama team that put up 86 on us. This is the new Tennessee regardless of the players on the team and it will remain this way until another coach is hired.

Let's see if I can think of something nice. I do not today, nor ever, see lack of effort (except a couple of times earlier in the season when Davis seemed mentally checked out). They do play hard, they're just not very good. At all.
Not impressed w MS at all until the late lay up drill. Probably bc we play so effing ugly it's contagious.
Our offense was not IMO a bit better, it's just that Davis had one of those can't miss blindfolded first halves. It's still a desperation game of hot potato and whoever ends up with has to heave it. Pathetic.
Been trying not to say this but Massengill has zero business on the floor on either end. A big time project at best and with our record of player non development? Not a pretty picture.
KK obviously does not belong on the floor for an SEC team either but I actually agree with playing her right now. Much as I love and appreciate C Green, KK is apparently the future. Shudder!
A good word for Holly: good job holding Evina out. As bad as not making the tourney would/will be, the worst possible insult to Pat's legacy would be to relax her gold standard of class attendance and graduation.
Great Assessments! Massengill, Burrell and Collins can not play at this level!

Reactions: GameTime
Creme tweeted that at the present time in the season the Lady Vols are out of the NCAA tourney. So with games vs Missouri, Texas AM, and Ole Miss on the road must win at least one plus the three home games one of which is SC. I think it looks really bleak for the Lady Vols and another negative looking really good for Holly.

I did not know that Westbrook didn’t play and I was working during game. I caught Holly’s postgame - nothing unusual other than she did not seem upset they lost. She just said they would watch the tape and learn from it.

she expects to lose now. she even says it before games. as long as her paycheck clears she's happy.

Reactions: Nute Gunray
Creme tweeted that at the present time in the season the Lady Vols are out of the NCAA tourney. So with games vs Missouri, Texas AM, and Ole Miss on the road must win at least one plus the three home games one of which is SC. I think it looks really bleak for the Lady Vols and another negative looking really good for Holly.
Holly's stats this season don't lie, she won't sniff the NCAA Tourny. See her updated win/loss stats below:

VS. OOC games, mostly weak opponents: 10W-0L
VS. SEC Teams 4W- 7L
VS. SEC Top 20 Teams 0W-2L
VS. Overall Top 20 Teams 1W-4L

CHW cannot out coach anyone that is any good.

Reactions: alaVOL
Great Assessments! Massengill, Burrell and Collins can not play at this level!

As i said before Burrell can play this also Massengale but again to be fair Burrell get less mins then all the freshmen. Not because she can`t play it`s Holly coaching, Burrell should play more there is no reason she don`t there are no super stars on this team none ! nada ! What has Meme done ?

Reactions: Putbacks
Holly's stats this season don't lie, she won't sniff the NCAA Tourny. See her updated win/loss stats below:

VS. SEC Teams 4W- 7L

VS. SEC Teams 4W- 7L

I definitely agree because I see three games on the schedule that would take far better efforts than today to win.

Reactions: midtnvol2
As i said before Burrell can play this also Massengale but again to be fair Burrell get less mins then all the freshmen. Not because she can`t play it`s Holly coaching, Burrell should play more there is no reason she don`t there are no super stars on this team none ! nada ! What has Meme done ?

She had a pitiful outing, that is what "she done" today.
She pulled a leadership principle from last year,,, she disappeared.
I am not impressed.
The team needed more than one hero today,
it was a day to test your armor, not just wear it.

Like every kid on that team, I care about them as much as I do the "program" dj.
You know, the one Pat built.
,,,:
Enough to not hold back on what she needs to hear.

Coaching staff too.

I can be there tomorrow

In all my years watch LVs BB I have never seen as many uncontested layups for the other team and I have watch a lot of games!!!! If we had a nickle for every time KK bounces the ball one time we could all pay off HW. Worse defensive team by far in the nation! We do not have one player who could start for MS State. Westbrook is our best and my favorite but if she needed to sit then so be it. Don't know what she did or did not do but cant be a leader and not set the example. JMHO as always!!

In all my years watch LVs BB I have never seen as many uncontested layups for the other team and I have watch a lot of games!!!! If we had a nickle for every time KK bounces the ball one time we could all pay off HW. Worse defensive team by far in the nation! We do not have one player who could start for MS State. Westbrook is our best and my favorite but if she needed to sit then so be it. Don't know what she did or did not do but cant be a leader and not set the example. JMHO as always!!

Something about a missing a school class.
No details.

She's not only flat out coached....
She's out game planned...
she's out strategized.........
She's even out dressed....Pat was never out dressed.

VN Store

Back