Roster
Schedule
Game Notes

Go Lady Vols!

Last edited:
1610208383556.png

Free Emily!
"Time for a breakout game,,,Em"

This will be one of those games I have begun to hate...a very easy to stop team with two players that warrant ANY attention (5'7" Khayla Pointer scored 40% of their points in the last four games)...6'5" Faustine Aifuwa accounts for 20% of their scoring and nearly 1/3 of their rebounds.

It is with teams that SHOULD be easy to defend, that we often struggle. This has yet to change under Coach K and will be part of her growth...No career day for Pointer and control the boards from Aifuwa....That is this team's, and by proxy, Coach K's task.

In the last game against Ole Miss, LSU had only scored 25 points at halftime, yet they held Ole miss to 33....This will be key, if LSU can keep us in the same funk they seem to experience, scoring-wise, then it will be a 10 point or less win, however, if we treat this team like the non-threat it is and come out swinging, it will be a 30 point + win.

I am going mid-stream on this one

Coach Jumper's prediction, UT 78 LSU 60

Last edited:
This is one of the games when Coach will earn her money. After the win, it's a trap game. She has to fire them up and have them come out of the gate strong, knock LSU down and put your foot on their throat the entire game. IF KJH can do that it's going to be as important a win as Arky. If not the luster of Arky will be considered a fluke. You need to not just win but dominate in this game. Forget the top 25 you need to play with a top 10 attitude.

I’m looking for another solid game from the Lady Vols and carry over the momentum from the Arkansas game!

Another 11 turnover game (especially against an aggressive team) would be awesome!

It actually looked like they rather shoot and possibly offensive rebounds it or get back in D than over pass and turn it over. It was a good look.

Another 11 turnover game (especially against an aggressive team) would be awesome!

It actually looked like they rather shoot and possibly offensive rebounds it or get back in D than over pass and turn it over. It was a good look.

Our passing was very good in that game as well. 21 assists to 11 turnovers is probably the best we’ve done for some time. Arkansas does not put a lot of pressure on the ball, so that helped haha.

LSU will certainly be a different look. Our offense seemed so much more aggressive against Arkansas. Hopefully we can carry that over. When we’re really attacking we are so long and athletic. Burrell and Davis going off at the same time is deflating to teams. You can’t matchup with them both.

Our passing was very good in that game as well. 21 assists to 11 turnovers is probably the best we’ve done for some time. Arkansas does not put a lot of pressure on the ball, so that helped haha.

LSU will certainly be a different look. Our offense seemed so much more aggressive against Arkansas. Hopefully we can carry that over. When we’re really attacking we are so long and athletic. Burrell and Davis going off at the same time is deflating to teams. You can’t matchup with them both.

AGREED! Things didn’t look forced (well a couple of possessions of trying to be aggressive and getting to the foul line) ?)5 they took what the D gave them. Like flashing to the foul line while Ark was playing some zone and hitting those shots.

I really don't know what to expect in this next game. We've been the most talented team the last ten or more times we played them yet we lose about as many as we win. Last year when we lost down there I considered our worst loss of the season based on their talent versus ours. They are going to come out sometime during the game pressing and they do it well. i hope we have worked hard on beating it. I am hoping that we win by double digits, but it always seems to be one or two possession game. I look for a game that is in the sixties they take the air out of the ball and use the clock for most of the 30 seconds before they take a shot. I'm hoping we will be patient on offense also no quick shots that aren't high percentage. No predictions on this one we should win, but we should've won before and lost. Pointer always manages to go off on us and at least one of their players suddenly becomes and unstoppable three point shooter even though her percentage for the season is 25 percent. It will be a very physical game we need to be ready.

Trap game or not, I just looked at the LSU web site at their scores and stats. If Tennessee doesn't win this game by 20 points, I would be surprised. Maybe more.

In my opinion, this game means a lot to the future of Lady Vol basketball. I assume Kellie is trying to restore the culture of LV basketball to what it was when she played. But it is a process. The Arkansas win was a big win with a big emotional rush. Does KJH move her team through the emotional cycle to reset the attitudes to the same as they were going into the Ark. game? If so you will see it at the beginning of the game. If the players are nonchalant and assume, "We're going to win by 20" or "We're better athletes". LV basketball loses in the long run no matter the score. But if they respect the opponent and play with a determination to dominate, LV basketball wins in the long run no matter the score.

I really don't know what to expect in this next game. We've been the most talented team the last ten or more times we played them yet we lose about as many as we win. Last year when we lost down there I considered our worst loss of the season based on their talent versus ours. They are going to come out sometime during the game pressing and they do it well. i hope we have worked hard on beating it. I am hoping that we win by double digits, but it always seems to be one or two possession game. I look for a game that is in the sixties they take the air out of the ball and use the clock for most of the 30 seconds before they take a shot. I'm hoping we will be patient on offense also no quick shots that aren't high percentage. No predictions on this one we should win, but we should've won before and lost. Pointer always manages to go off on us and at least one of their players suddenly becomes and unstoppable three point shooter even though her percentage for the season is 25 percent. It will be a very physical game we need to be ready.

Mark this down Rae likes to try and force her way to the basket sometimes when the opening is not there. That will not work against LSU so any force issues will be come a turnover. Note LSU don`t shoot the ball well but they play defense.

thanks for your support for the future Lady Vol, Madi Hawk

Is this gonna be a thing where we choose between her and Jaloni Cambridge if they are both interested ?

Do they play the same position? Are they the same size? i don’t know much ... i know it will depend on who we get in 22’ and 23’ but still.

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
Mark this down Rae likes to try and force her way to the basket sometimes when the opening is not there. That will not work against LSU so any force issues will be come a turnover. Note LSU don`t shoot the ball well but they play defense.

Yea, I would be more concerned if Rae hadn’t exhibited the poise and patience this year that she has . If she gets a charge this year she adjusts her game.

In the Ark game she did what she was supposed to do which was attack and try and draw fouls, there were 3-4 plays that looked outta control but were fouls on Ark, she positioned herself to get fouls but NOT pick up a foul. If you watch(ed) the Ark game she made conscious decisions to pull up also and either get a floater or for a short jumper.

No doubt this will be a dog fight but if the LV keep showing the discipline we have started to see Rae and the LV will be fine.

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
Is this gonna be a thing where we choose between her and Jaloni Cambridge if they are both interested ?

Do they play the same position? Are they the same size? i don’t know much ... i know it will depend on who we get in 22’ and 23’ but still.
this kid is a paige beukers in the making,,,I rarely miss a call when it comes to talent

I doubt we get a choice but if we do ???
Cambridge is a once in a lifetime recruit .... This is just my opinion but starting as a point guard in high school (as a 8th grader ) says a lot ! She is no secret and will have her choice of any school she wants . JMO

I doubt we get a choice but if we do ???
Cambridge is a once in a lifetime recruit .... This is just my opinion but starting as a point guard in high school (as a 8th grader ) says a lot ! She is no secret and will have her choice of any school she wants . JMO

Madi seems to be getting a lot of buzz too and not just from coach jumper lol

But i hear you about Jaloni. If the LV become and stay competitive again can’t you see being able to choose again though? What a dream...

scared abt this game cuz this isnt the first time the lady Vols won a big game and followed it up with a disappointing loss....hope this isnt the case sunday
#GoLadyVols

Last edited:
No matter how much a coach tells a team sometimes they still go in with the wrong mindset and do not play up to the intensity they should. I'm not saying that will happen Sunday Davis and Burrell seem to be much more locked in this season than I've ever seen them. We need KK to continue this streak of competent play she has going. We need for Key to be able to do more in games and we need Horston to start out a game the way she has been finishing without turnovers. This is another smaller team so we may see more Walker and Salary in this game than we do Marta. Davis played 39 minutes and Burrell played 37. Horston was well over 30 look for that to happen again.

Reactions: stlvolsfan
I think this will be a unfair game ..... LSU HAD 17 players ? 🤷‍♂️
Seem to remember a year or two ago LSU was down to 8 players due to injuries, etc. So two of those would have to be walk on players with no scholarship?

I don't look at a good team with how much they win an opponent. I look at things they do to improve and involves everyone. Baylor coach loves to win by 1,000

Tomorrow’s game is as big a must-win game as we’ll have all season because it’s exactly the type of game we’ve managed to lose so many times in recent years. Losses to teams that are struggling like LSU is right now are what damaged the standing of the program the most.

Getting beaten by this particular LSU team would set us back so far it would be devastating. IMO, that is.

VN Store

Back