Game Thread: Lady Vols 52 - USF 49

Not to get past USF, because it could be a real test, I spent some time this weekend watching games featuring three of Tennessee’s opponents, Stanford, Texas and Kentucky. Texas defeated Stanford and Kentucky was soundly defeated down the stretch by Indiana. Right now offensively, we will have a tough time hanging with Stanford, Texas or Kentucky. Kentucky wore down, due to a short bench and foul trouble, so we have a realistic shot against them. I also watched USC versus NC State and South Dakota and right now we have little if any shot of beating USC. I also watched UCONN versus Arkansas and the same situation apply as far as the Lady Vols are concerned. The saving grace is all of these teams are in the early developing stages, however, they all seem ahead of the Lady Vols. To a large degree, we have to better develop our offense and post play. How soon and how much that happens will affect our chances against top 25 teams.
We could just cancel the season I guess.

The biggest issue with the post is we have not been able to exploit the 12 foot out game consistently so the middle gets clogged. Tamari tries to play the clean, less physical version of her game while opponents have learned they can lean and be physical and take her out of her comfort zone.
Comes a time when a player has to learn what is being done against them and adjust (refs included). Should take a season to learn those things. Two at the most.

Tess on the picture of the game in ESPN app, how about that. Don’t know why we’re playing 3 games in 6 days, but no choice but to take care of business tonight.

GO LADY VOLS!!!

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
USF is a decent team, getting more credit perhaps than is due, but a solid team.
Jose is a very good coach, but until you play them you really don't know what to expect. His primary recruiting ground is Europe. When we were in their conference they always had about 4 Europeans on their roster every year. I just checked their roster and I believe there are 8 kids from overseas, so Jose is getting what he wants over there without too much recruiting competition.

VN Store

Back