Game Thread: (7/9) Lady Vols 63 - (3/3) Stanford 74

Tennessee has out-rebounded every opponent this season and is averaging 50.0 rpg. while holding opposing teams to 32.7 rpg. UT currently stands at No. 1 in the NCAA in rebounds per game and is No. 3 in offensive boards per contest (17.7) and No. 3 in defensive rebounds per game (32.3).
UT Game Notes

Last edited:
Tennessee has out-rebounded every opponent this season and is averaging 50.0 rpg. while holding opposing teams to 32.7 rpg. UT currently stands at No. 1 in the NCAA in rebounds per game and is No. 3 in offensive boards per contest (17.7) and No. 3 in defensive rebounds per game (32.3).
UT Game Notes

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
Which would make them remote. Could "remote only" mean all WBB communications are totally with the team in Knoxville now?

I believe that poster was referencing the campus in general. Stanford as a University went to remote learning.

I was watching Instagram stories and could see our orange floor in Brinks post.

I believe that poster was referencing the campus in general. Stanford as a University went to remote learning.

I was watching Instagram stories and could see our orange floor in Brinks post.
Looked at Lexie Hull instagram story and they were boarding on a plane with the destination listed as Knoxville 8 hours ago

It’s gonna be an epic game, let it be played by all means, amazing showcase game and what an opportunity for LV’s

Yes, it’s the biggest “opportunity game” we’ve had in years. Tennessee has beaten some better teams a couple times in recent years (South Carolina, for instance), but none with the implications this game has if we win.

When we beat SC, I don’t think anyone seriously believed that was anything other than an upset of a win. I mean, it wasn’t viewed by anyone as an indication that Tennessee was back to being a tough out.

Tennessee has now built up a bit of equity, so beating Stanford would prove the success to this point wasn’t just a fluke of a run. It’s a HUGE opportunity.

Yes, it’s the biggest “opportunity game” we’ve had in years. Tennessee has beaten some better teams a couple times in recent years (South Carolina, for instance), but none with the implications this game has if we win.

When we beat SC, I don’t think anyone seriously believed that was anything other than an upset of a win. I mean, it wasn’t viewed by anyone as an indication that Tennessee was back to being a tough out.

Tennessee has now built up a bit of equity, so beating Stanford would prove the success to this point wasn’t just a fluke of a run. It’s a HUGE opportunity.

Yes to this. It would also say a lot if we got this win WITHOUT Rae - something most of us thought would be a sure L when we learned she was out indefinitely.

is-it-time-yet-cookie-monster.gif

We’re going to drop a game a some point. And in reality, this is probably the best team we will have played. Stanford by 15. We’ll be ok though.

VN Store

Back