Game Thread: (5/6) Lady Vols 63 - (13/13) Georgia 55

Did not Cora report she participated today? Good sign they were willing to give her a go on the floor. They’ll check her out tomorrow.
Yes, I read that Coach said that she was going to participate in practice today. It must not be severe and/or high ankle sprain, as KJH said that TK had been "walking around" but would have to see how she did in practice. Most people with severe ankle sprains don't walk around fine a few days after it happened. At worst, I would think that if TK doesn't play this game she will be ready for the next!

She hasn’t practiced how is that good news for Sundays game? or is Kellie just being cautious with Tamari

Good news and a good decision. The best thing for a mild sprain is rest. Sounds like they will work her in some tomorrow in practice. I’m betting we get about 15-20 minutes from her on Sunday. That’s usually enough for TK though. She affects the game in a very short time with her presence alone.

Good news and a good decision. The best thing for a mild sprain is rest. Sounds like they will work her in some tomorrow in practice. I’m betting we get about 15-20 minutes from her on Sunday. That’s usually enough for TK though. She affects the game in a very short time with her presence alone.
They worked her in practice today.
Kellie Harper Media Availability Recap (1/21/22) - University of Tennessee Athletics
The trick will be how does she feel in the morning?

Colorado absolutely cannot handle success. That’s been a recurring theme under JR Payne. They play really well, even if against not-that-great teams. They start to catch some attention, maybe crack the top 25. Then BAM skid.

I live in CO and try to go to as many games as I can. I think Payne is a good coach but maybe gets nervous come PAC 12 play. Her team just seems to lose their mojo. Kinda hoping for a change. It’s a popular school at the moment and I think someone could recruit really well here. Lots of history from the Ceal Barry days.

Last edited:
Colorado absolutely cannot handle success. That’s been a recurring theme under JR Payne. They play really well, even if against not-that-great teams. They start to catch some attention, maybe crack the top 25. Then BAM skid.

I live in CO and try to go to as many games as I can. I think Payne is a good coach but maybe gets nervous come PAC 12 play. Her team just seems to lose their mojo. Kinda hoping for a change. It’s a popular school at the moment and I think someone could recruit really well here. Lots of history from the Ceal Barry days.

Really important info to know heading into the Georgia-Tennessee matchup, thanks for sharing...

Last edited:
Eric Frede (play-by-play) and Christy Thomaskutty (analyst) will have the call for the SEC Network. You can also hear the game on Lady Vol Network radio stations and by audio stream, with Mickey Dearstone behind the microphone. Mickey is joined by studio host Bobby Rader.

Being highly ranked and also number one in a bracket just puts more targets on your back when you play on the road. Our toughest game thus far coming up tomorrow. We'll have to play really well to win especially with Key not likely to be 100 percent. Win the offensive rebounds at least even on turnovers and again win in the fourth quarter. Tennessee 67 Georgia 60

Yes, this is a huge game for Tennessee because I believe all eyes are going to be on the Lady Vols with the question, "Are they for real, or not?" in their minds. How we play this game is, for many, either going to finally near-fully legitimize this Tennessee team, or put them back into "we knew we shouldn't have trusted they were the real deal" territory.

Harsh? WAAAAAY! But, I'm afraid, likely true. Tomorrow is huge for Tennessee, and they need to win. This is not one of those situations where a close, highly competitive loss will get them a pass, either. (IMO) Tennessee needs to win this road game!

All that said, I've known all along that this team is bound to lose some games, so it wouldn't be a shocker if they lost tomorrow. But I do believe that, for whatever reason, this game has taken on extra significance in the minds of many, so I am hoping this is a Tennessee win.

I wasn't nervous until today, but now I'm a wreck! GO LADY VOLS!

Yes, this is a huge game for Tennessee because I believe all eyes are going to be on the Lady Vols with the question, "Are they for real, or not?" in their minds. How we play this game is, for many, either going to finally near-fully legitimize this Tennessee team, or put them back into "we knew we shouldn't have trusted they were the real deal" territory.

Harsh? WAAAAAY! But, I'm afraid, likely true. Tomorrow is huge for Tennessee, and they need to win. This is not one of those situations where a close, highly competitive loss will get them a pass, either. (IMO) Tennessee needs to win this road game!

All that said, I've known all along that this team is bound to lose some games, so it wouldn't be a shocker if they lost tomorrow. But I do believe that, for whatever reason, this game has taken on extra significance in the minds of many, so I am hoping this is a Tennessee win.

I wasn't nervous until today, but now I'm a wreck! GO LADY VOLS!

As much pressure as the media or us fans put on this game I believe the ladies want this game more than any one of us. Not to "legitimize"'what they've done (because it's made people take notice again) but plain and simple they want to win. That's the driving force behind the terrific start. A loss would suck but it wouldn't undo everything they've done. Heck, it may even fire them up more. NO, i don't want to find out by losing and i think this will be the tough game but what i am saying is a loss wouldn't be a death sentence as much as some on here or on social media would want to make it appear.

I love this team with a chip on its shoulder and if losing two games by two points or less to the same opponent doesn't give you a chip i don't know what will 😂

As much pressure as the media or us fans put on this game I believe the ladies want this game more than any one of us. Not to "legitimize"'what they've done (because it's made people take notice again) but plain and simple they want to win. That's the driving force behind the terrific start. A loss would suck but it wouldn't undo everything they've done. Heck, it may even fire them up more. NO, i don't want to find out by losing and i think this will be the tough game but what i am saying is a loss wouldn't be a death sentence as much as some on here or on social media would want to make it appear.

I love this team with a chip on its shoulder and if losing two games by two points or less to the same opponent doesn't give you a chip i don't know what will 😂

I hope this team comes in with a chip on its shoulder after what happened last year. As you said, though, a loss wouldn't undo the terrific start. It's clear we can compete with AND beat any team in the country. I thought that was the case last season, too. I just hope we continue trending in the right direction, because if we do, we WILL be hard to beat. I also hope we save some of our best basketball for March which would leave no doubt in people's minds as to whether or not we're really back. Go Lady Vols!

And I think they have internalized Kellie’s attitude: Every game is important. Every game is up for grabs, but you go in with the belief you will win if you do your best. Because we lost twice to GA last season, the home loss surprising, I bet some fans are nervous about the game tomorrow, especially because it’s away. But I agree the LVs won’t lose for a lack of trying or for a lack being a very good team. Key or no Key: LVs 61 GA 52.

I have no doubt that the LadyVols will be ready for tomorrow’s game. Even a close win will bolster their identity and re-emergence as an elite team and contender. For some reason I’m not as nervous as I have been in the past. CKH and the team have shown over the past few years that they will beat the teams that they are supposed to. Also, I believe we will either beat UCONN or USC in the coming games. Get used to this!

And I think they have internalized Kellie’s attitude: Every game is important. Every game is up for grabs, but you go in with the belief you will win if you do your best. Because we lost twice to GA last season, the home loss surprising, I bet some fans are nervous about the game tomorrow, especially because it’s away. But I agree the LVs won’t lose for a lack of trying or for a lack being a very good team. Key or no Key: LVs 61 GA 52.

haha i'm nervous myself and i'm not pretending i'm not lol... i just think this team might be built different and if we do lose it'll b a battle and i believe will use it as fuel

I don't think a loss here would hurt them much.

Lots of opportunities to get a big win besides this game --- like against SC or in the tournaments.

If the ladies play like they can then they will win comfortably. At some point during the stretch run you would think they will have a bad game, and hopefully this won't be it, but thus far they have only gotten better as the season has progressed. I am eager to see if that continues. There is a lot of upside for this team yet. And there is a lot of room for improvement. That is what we should concentrate on.

I don't think a loss here would hurt them much.

Lots of opportunities to get a big win besides this game --- like against SC or in the tournaments.

If the ladies play like they can then they will win comfortably. At some point during the stretch run you would think they will have a bad game, and hopefully this won't be it, but thus far they have only gotten better as the season has progressed. I am eager to see if that continues. There is a lot of upside for this team yet. And there is a lot of room for improvement. That is what we should concentrate on.
Yet what is great about this team is that if one or two players are having a bad game, Kellie has 5-6 more that can not only come into the game but are also immediate offensive threats, play pretty good defense and go to the glass. In the past, if our "go to" players didn't play well and couldn't put points on the board, the team struggled to win or just flat out lost. This team has 7 players averaging 7 or more points and 5 of the 7 are shooting between 45-60% from the floor. That's tough to defend and I like it~!

Oh, I don’t think a loss tomorrow would ruin the season or anything even close to it, but the program in general still has some work to do as far as perception goes.

A loss tomorrow might set back the progress that’s been made a bit, while a win, IMO, could give us a pretty big step forward.

No backwards steps!!!!!

The key to the GA game is, no pun intended, is Key. She has to play or the Lady Vols are in serious trouble. She is the best defensive and rebounding player on a team whose strengths are defense and rebounding. There is no one on the bench that can take her place in the 5 position.

VN Store

Back