Game Thread: (5/4) Lady Vols 74 - UMass. 65

I am confused in that the contact from the defender seemed to be directly to the right knee, yet she immediately grabbed the left knee. Non contact to the site injuries scare me. Do not remember if the medical folks addressed the ankle or the knee.
That left foot landed very badly and I am certain that is the injured leg. The contact to the right leg was minimal and not knee to knee like I thought when I saw it live.

Do not remember if the medical folks addressed the ankle or the knee.

I didn't see the staff addressing either the knee or the ankle. They appeared focused on comforting her, so I assumed everybody there knew she was done for the night and that physical examinations could wait until she was emotionally ready and able to get into the training room.

I didn't see the staff addressing either the knee or the ankle. They appeared focused on comforting her, so I assumed everybody there knew she was done for the night and that physical examinations could wait until she was emotionally ready and able to get into the training room.

Reminiscent of Rae Burrel.

One of the trainers had her hand working on the back and inside of her left knee.

spoiled you how exactly? he wins but is so bad when it comes to the big dance. let’s hope I eat my words, but he’s really shown me nothing.

Barnes' NCAA performances are disappointing. I'm referring to the outstanding execution on offense and defense that his teams consistently display. They are fundamentally sound in just about all areas of the game.

Reactions: Rooster1
Observations from this game:

Minuses:
1. Still TOs, although there were fewer boneheaded ones.
2. Boxing out was not consistent at all for the entire game.
3. OOBs plays are lacking effectiveness
4. We gave up a big run mid 4Q with Key Jackson and Powell out at the same time. I hope that lineup goes in the trash can.
Minus Horston, we need either Powell or Jackson in the game at all times.

Pluses:
1. First half we had a nice run when Pucket & Darby entered the game.
2. Our ball movement vs zone was great with Powell in the game. She had 2 bad plays, but generally, she is super high IQ.
3. Franklin is very good at receiving post-entry passes. Strong, good hands, gets the ball instead of waiting for it.
4. Darby is underrated by some on the board for her defense. Generally, she stays in front of her man, she has surprisingly quick "annoying hands".
She gets a lot of "touches" on the ball were she does not get credit for a steal but a teammate benefits from her work.
5. Jackson looked really comfortable, could have went for 30. She had several good looks that almost fell. She's a nice player, some hard-fought boards late, and played good defense yesterday.
Makes good cuts without the ball.

One of the trainers had her hand working on the back and inside of her left knee.

Thanks for the info. My view was partially blocked, but from what I could tell I didn't see that. In that case, must have been that all eyes stayed on her face to see if she had a pained reaction to them working on it. And also, I DID have to turn away for a bit, not feeling up to watching her go through that. 😥

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Other than the fan base having conniption fits, so what? I am good with the team being battled tested before conference. November and December is window dressing for the conference schedule. I would definitely take a strong finish over the fade we had last season.
I agree...right now you let them all play and eat a little, get hungry and later all those shared minutes will produce a few new players stepping up. You got your lineup and role players all identified now and they are ready to play.

That was my fear.

Watched the replay of that Jordan Horston drive about 12 times looks like the injury is to the left leg and looked like an ankle injury to me as the left foot comes down way to wide from the body and the landing on is is very awkward. Of course the way she landed on that foot could be anything it was almost a twist onto the side of the foot.

It looked to me like she was going to step on the defender's foot with her left foot, but made a last millisecond adjustment to avoid it and came down on the left foot awkwardly, hyperextending/rolling the ankle/foot.

VN Store

Back