Game Thread: (25/RV) Lady Vols vs. (3/5) Connecticut

We were leading 31-28 @ half last year and then only scored 14 more points the rest of the game.

This can't be a good going halftime speech because I guarantee you Geno is tearing his team's ass right now. They will come out a different team in the 2nd half.

We can't settle for one good half this time.

I’m thinking our locker room is intense right now. Everyone but the freshman learned exactly what that rivalry was about last year.

Reactions: TN1111
I said myself that she looks like she enjoys our Southern cooking a bit much.

She is a smart player so I am sure she sees what she needs to do in the off-season.
I noticed that in watching her play, You can see that she sees things before they happen, I can’t explain that but I know what I’m trying to say😁 but she doesn’t move very well. She’s a freshman, right? She could be a Dane Bradshaw type for the Lady Vols, imo.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Eerily similar to last year's game at the half. Turnovers doomed Tennessee in that one. If they can avoid the turnovers in the second half, they can take their shot at the crown. UConn will probably shoot better, but Tennessee can influence how much that hurts them by playing - gasp - good defense and protecting the ball.

We will see if we have made any progress since last year given the same situation.

I decided to not watch the game for fear of being disappointed in a loss. How's our lady's body language? Can we actullay pull this one out? I need answers lol!
Looking good so far, definitely bringing more energy.
GBO!!

Betcha Geno comes out with a box and 1 on Rae.

I don’t think he can. This team is much better coached and that’s too easy to exploit. When you take one whole player out of help-side defense you’re at a disadvantage. Two screens and you shoot a layup every time.

I decided to not watch the game for fear of being disappointed in a loss. How's our lady's body language? Can we actullay pull this one out? I need answers lol!
We can win this game if Davis and Horston score like Rae in the first half. Rae needs to continue her imitation of Candace Parker.

Reactions: Only1COJ
Great half. We aren’t going to win this game by outacoring a team like UConn.. it’s the defensive effort along with making unforced turnovers that beats a team like this. Geno knows this. He needs this to be a game of just shots and decent defense and Kellie has this team prepared to grind it out. This honestly isn’t an “ugly” game at all so far.

Statement game for Tamari and Rae so far. Marta proving that she’s a freshman to watch to the entire country. Walker gave really good minutes as always.

Look for Rennia and Jordan to take over in the third quarter and Rae to heat up again in the fourth. Tamari needs to continue her play and KK remain solid.

VN Store

Back