Game Thread: (25/RV) Lady Vols vs. (3/5) Connecticut

This has been an entertaining game!
It has, surprisingly so. So important for the program. Be fun to watch again, and against good teams. Can we do it two consecutive halves?

Huge minutes from Walker and Salary. Obviously Key with the half of her life. Need Horston and Davis to come back in rhythm.

What can you say about Rae? Another on fire offensive half, notwithstanding a couple of forced messes. Also, what a job she did on Paige after Horston went out. Could be wrong, but I think she played every min. Great national tv showcase for her.

Geno grumpy as an old bear in halftime interview. Says they can't shoot and aren't going to get taller at halftime. He is not wrong.

What a show to show up on the national stage! The LV way.

Hopefully the ladies and coaching staff are remembering the third quarter collapse last season against UConn.

We've hit 5-10 threes and only have 6 t.o.s at halftime. That is always a formula for success for us.

Outrebounding them 24-19. Somewhere Pat is smiling down. She's love this sh*t and wouldn't want Geno any other way than snarky and cynical at halftime.

Last edited:

Eerily similar to last year's game at the half. Turnovers doomed Tennessee in that one. If they can avoid the turnovers in the second half, they can take their shot at the crown. UConn will probably shoot better, but Tennessee can influence how much that hurts them by playing - gasp - good defense and protecting the ball.

Hopefully, Rae and Key can have a second half similar to their first half.
Don't want a repeat of last year's game. Though I have a feeling it might.

We were leading 31-28 @ half last year and then only scored 14 more points the rest of the game.

This can't be a good going halftime speech because I guarantee you Geno is tearing his team's ass right now. They will come out a different team in the 2nd half.

We can't settle for one good half this time.

It's in the blood.

Seriously, it's the sign of an inferiority complex. Or little man syndrome.

Regardless, he's just being true to his nature.

VN Store

Back