Game Thread: #25/RV LADY VOLS VS. #16/18 TEXAS A&M

This will be a telling game
Agree. We seem to be in a bit of a stall pattern. Really important to see if KJH can have them prepared with more energy, espec in a cruical game at home. Would like to see them just play with (controlled) abandon and see what happens.

Who's going to guard Carter?

Reactions: stlvolsfan
expecting nothing today, and hoping to be pleasantly surprised ---- getting my victory fix these days from my local NAIA ladies and from watching Missouri St. and Belmont

Agree. We seem to be in a bit of a stall pattern. Really important to see if KJH can have them prepared with more energy, espec in a cruical game at home. Would like to see them just play with (controlled) abandon and see what happens.

Who's going to guard Carter?

Notwithstanding your prior post...

I just rewatched the Miss St comeback
We must attack the glass on offense with drives and we must forcefully box-out and command the rebound game.
You don't chip away at a team lime TAMU, you need to overwhelm them to take the life out of them.
They will fight until you take the life out of them, so TAKE THE LIFE OUT OF THEM!

I am focused on this game about controlling their back court's breaking down of our defense more than I am on a not yet fully mended Carter (right now anyway).

glv, keep telling yourself this site is insignificant and not read....Live in your denial of what I know to be the opposite.
This site is read, monitored and valued....For once, try being a real fan instead of focusing on antagonizing me

Oh, and if Carter does wake up, unleash Rae on her and tell Rae,,,"Do what you are capable of and focus on crushing her spirit!...Deny her touches...Deny her touches!"

Reactions: Memvol44
Oh, and if Carter does wake up, unleash Rae on her and tell Rae,,,"Do what you are capable of and focus on crushing her spirit!...Deny her touches...Deny her touches!"
Rae unleashed is a bit of a scary visual. It seems to unleash her tremendous potential she actually needs learn to rein in certain aspects of her game.

Rae unleashed is a bit of a scary visual. It seems to unleash her tremendous potential she actually needs learn to rein in certain aspects of her game.

Defensively she can unleash it fully,,,on offense she needs to understand she has help waiting to help.

Reactions: glv98
This site is read, monitored and valued....For once, try being a real fan instead of focusing on antagonizing me
Read causally by some, monitored by a couple (mostly on the lookout for creepers, definitely not for coaching advice) and valued mostly by us who use it to blab about what those in our real lives don't want to listen to.

And LOL, always and forever about you right? Hate to break it to you, but my post are definitely not focused on antagonizing you. That's way too easy to be any fun, even for a dimwit like me.
We must attack the glass on offense with drives
I kinda agree, would like us to be aggressive on offense, but then there's the spectacle of bull in a china shop drives and prayer on Sunday brick shots when we do that.

I'd love to see, as always is my hope, any offense with movement and purpose that involves most or all players in each possession.

Interested to see whether Rae or JH starts; didn't really get to see much of that experiment last game due to Rae's foul trouble.

Reactions: Amb3096
TAMU was picked to win the SEC at the start of the season. They are an upperclassmen-led team with a smart PG, size, scorers all around and one of the best players in the country. They SHOULD win, and probably win big. There's no shame in losing to them because they are the better team. I just want to see Tennessee play a solid, smart, well competed game.

Read causally by some, monitored by a couple (mostly on the lookout for creepers, definitely not for coaching advice) and valued mostly by us who use it to blab about what those in our real lives don't want to listen to.

And LOL, always and forever about you right? Hate to break it to you, but my post are definitely not focused on antagonizing you. That's way too easy to be any fun, even for a dimwit like me.

Your words, not mine
and

A player like Rae gas to have precise instructions if you want precise results

What section are you in (top, middle, bottom) if you don't mind saying...I will drop by before and introduce myself
or
if you know where I sit, dew drop in and say hi

Courtside, Section 120, Row A (I don’t remember the seat numbers, but I have the 3rd through 6th seats to the right of the broadcasters table, the side across from the visitors bench). Or if you see a 62 year-old guy in orange pants, vest and suede chukka boots, it’s probably me!

Look forward to meeting you.
What section are you in (top, middle, bottom) if you don't mind saying...I will drop by before and introduce myself
or
if you know where I sit, dew drop in and say hi

Courtside, Section 120, Row A (I don’t remember the seat numbers, but I have the 3rd through 6th seats to the right of the broadcasters table, the side across from the visitors bench). Or if you see a 62 year-old guy in orange pants, vest and suede chukka boots, it’s probably me!

Look forward to meeting you.

Likewise, I will be over after the girls finish warmups....I sit 5 rows up in the bottom of 107 for their warmups.

Last edited:
Right across from me... I also have 4 seats on row 6 in Section 120, too, that I sat in until a couple of years ago and actually prefer to the courtside seats, but my wife and friends like the courtside experience better.

They take a dim view of you yelling at the refs from courtside seats, especially when they’re right next to you...:eek:

Likewise, I will be over after the girls finish warmups....I sit 5 rows up in the bottom of 106 for their warmups.

Right across from me... I also have 4 seats on row 6 in Section 120, too, that I sat in until a couple of years ago and actually prefer to the courtside seats, but my wife and friends like the courtside experience better. They take a dim view of you yelling at the refs from courtside seats, especially when they’re right next to you...

Would that include my rendition of "3 blind mice"

Reactions: FormerLadyVolFan
...Interested to see whether Rae or JH starts; didn't really get to see much of that experiment last game due to Rae's foul trouble.

I think that was just that, an experiment.
I fully expect to see Jordan go off and be the Jordan of the first of the year today.
If I were making the call to experiment with Rae starting, it wouldn't be for JH

Coach Jumper,
Are you hurting recruiting???

To start with, I do appreciate your knowledge and have learned a lot reading your posts.
In some of your posts you say you don’t criticize players because recruits might read this forum and if we are critical of players, it may turn them away from Tenn..

What about your posts about coaching??? You yourself mentioned how players/parents will go to the best coach. Maybe you were just talking about high school or AAU And not college. If I were a recruit wanting the best coaching I could get, some of your posts would turn me away from UT. How many times have you said good coaching would teach them x, y, and z. For example you talked about trapping after they pass the mid court line or how you could teach them better shooting techniques, etc., etc., etc.. You constantly say if they hired you to help coach, you could make them much better. Even in your post above you hint that Kellie is not at a high standard and to get there she needs an influence like you.

I really do like your post but I do find they may turn off some recruits, IF they look at the forum. If they are going to be influenced by a forum, maybe we would be better off with out them anyway.

I am not saying this to be negative and you are certainly free to say about anything you want to. I know you love the Lady Vols and want them to be the best. My only suggestion is that you might want to rethink how to get your point across without saying all the time that they need coaching from you to get them where they need to be.

Excellent post, Raebo. I agree 100%.
Whether he intends it this way or not, his regular postings detailing all the shortcomings he perceives among the staff really are being received by others as reasons to not trust that the staff knows how to do their jobs. :( It’s certainly not helping anyone.

If Jumper is actually trying to help the coaching staff, why doesn’t he sit down and type out his critiques and send them by email or through the postal service directly to the coaches? Why does he have to sow doubt in them publicly like he’s doing? I don’t get it. Unless, of course, it’s less about truly wanting to help the staff and more about stroking his own ego. Seems like he’d just communicate with them directly if he were truly unselfish in his desire to help them.

VN Store

Back