Game Thread: #24/25 TENNESSEE VS. ALABAMA

I don’t think so, Hoss. At least not ALL luck. She gets into the gym and practices those crazy shots. Leaders do that.

I seriously doubt she practices the "ol' dribble off your foot, recover, step-back, scissorkick 26 footer". It was a lucky make... we're talking 10% odds of going in when it left her hand. 10% is generous.

That said. We won, broke a 5 game losing stream, beat the Bamers in a soul-crushing way. No one can question the effort level this year. I'm happy.

I seriously doubt she practices the "ol' dribble off your foot, recover, step-back, scissorkick 26 footer". It was a lucky make... we're talking 10% odds of going in when it left her hand. 10% is generous.

That said. We won, broke a 5 game losing stream, beat the Bamers in a soul-crushing way. No one can question the effort level this year. I'm happy.

She may not practice it that EXACT way (dribbling off the foot), but she practices taking long shots with a hand in her face. Why are you so determined to diminish that beautiful, what ended up being the game winning shot? If you knew anything about Re you would know that luck had very little to do with it. 🤨

Great win and it was not luck. Rennia is the best scorer on the team. One perplexing and sad note. How did the Lady Vols allow Alabama to score 46 points in the second half after allowing only 17 points in the first half? I wish someone on the forum could explain this fact to me.

If an Alabama player had hit that shot to beat the LV, every one of you would have been calling it luck.

Not really because Alabama doesn’t have anyone that can hit a step back like that lol. It would have been luck. That isn’t the first or even second time Rennia has hit a shot like that in a game. Won’t be the last either.

I am glad she hit the shot. Glad LV won. I hope she hits another unlucky shot to beat UCONN

Great win and it was not luck. Rennia is the best scorer on the team. One perplexing and sad note. How did the Lady Vols allow Alabama to score 46 points in the second half after allowing only 17 points in the first half? I wish someone on the forum could explain this fact to me.

Poor on ball defense, could not stop dribble penetration. Men’s team struggles with this also

The Alabama team played more inspired than we did in the second half in an attempt to continue its recent mastery over us.

Our team and coaching staff became casual and lost its focus. When you lose your focus, you lose your energy, you lose your intensity, and you lose your composure. Efficiency suffers.

Hey, collapse happens.

Reactions: lvocd
If CT has a really good 3-pt shooting night and Tennessee doesn't... yikes!

We also have to keep in mind that this may be native Tennessean Crystal Dangerfield's one and only opportunity to go against her home state's favorite team. She could either have a magical game as she comes out and gives maximum effort and everything works for her, or she could get a little tight, start pressing, and have an off game. Since she is considered one of the 5 best point guards in the country, it's more likely than not that she'll have a terrific game with years of experience including multiple Final Fours under her belt. She's unlikely to be nervous, but she very well could "want it too much," and that's almost as bad sometimes.

Walker and Nelson-Ododa will be a problem, I'm afraid. But we'll see soon enough.

No matter what happens, whether it be a miracle upset or a 75-point bloodletting, one thing is clear: Tennessee will learn a LOT about what to work on, and that will help them as the tough part of the SEC schedule approaches. Auriemma has likely been formulating a plan for weeks, and so he'll actually help Kellie the Teacher by exposing all our weaknesses. From there Kellie and staff can get to work.

Nelson-Ododa has had a tendency to get into foul trouble. We need to go at her early and often to see if we can put her on the bench. If we can, that will help a great deal. I just hope the team comes out and plays with confidence and not nervous and frenetic. We have a tendency to do the latter. The girls need to be composed and efficient. NO STUPID TURNOVERS.

Lead was 52 to 44 with three minutes left in the game and Horston turned it over bama scored then Horston turned it over and bama scored then Burrell turned it over and Bama hit a three most devastating three possessions of the game score went from 8 point lead to 1 in a little over a minute off the clock. All three were very rushed possessions by Tennessee no reason to do so with the big lead. I hope this has been pointed out we could've used a lot better clock management down the stretch. Point guard position 10 turnovers in this game. Pointing all this out to show how close we are to being a really good team that can play with anyone in the SEC. We only get there when we learn how to take care of the ball and make the right decisions in a game. Massengill is usually very good at this had a bad game decision wise versus Bama. Horston still trying to catch on to what is good and bad decision. When they evolve at this position either sometime this year or next were ready to compete with anyone in the nation.

You didn’t say tonight, you made a generalized statement about a player who didn’t have her best game...talk about overreacting.🙄🙄🙄

I shouldn’t have to say tonight. This thread is literally titled Game Thread: Tennessee vs. Alabama not Lady Vols 2019-2020 season. Try to follow along. Reading comprehension problems or so you just spin things to fit your narrative when you want? I thought her defense was bad tonight and she forced some shots she shouldn’t have. But thanks for chiming in Mrs. Horston.

I shouldn’t have to say tonight. This thread is literally titled Game Thread: Tennessee vs. Alabama not Lady Vols 2019-2020 season. Try to follow along. Reading comprehension problems or so you just spin things to fit your narrative when you want? I thought her defense was bad tonight and she forced some shots she shouldn’t have. But thanks for chiming in Mrs. Horston.

I can read just fine and you said

No defense. Horston is out of control constantly and doesn’t play a lick of defense.

I think that may be a bit much since she had 4 blocks and a steal in the game she clearly plays defense somewhat.

Other than that I think she jump shots were wide open she just missed them but I’m glad she kept on shooting as they were keyed in on Davis and she **** some crucial shots down the stretch.

I agree that her decision making needs to continue to grow as one minute we see her pull up/back and make a good play then she tries to force a couple passes.

Reactions: stlvolsfan
LOL, now I’m Mrs. Horston? You’re a clown. I’m a 38 year old wife and mother of a 2 year old son, in St. Louis,MO. I’m barely old enough to have an 18/19 year old. You got called on your bs and now you’re throwing crap against the wall hoping it sticks. You are the reason people don’t want their kids going to UT, overzealous clowns making uneducated assumptions about kids and their families. Grow up.

VN Store

Back