Game Thread: #23/RV LADY VOLS VS. STETSON

Only 13 turnovers this game, with 19 assists and 48 rebounds for the team

I think Kellie is really preparing this team for any possible scenario? She had Jordan and Jaz on the bench to have Rennia run point. That made Rae the primary scorer of sorts and then she left her in as the primary scorer, rebounder, etc in the 4th.

My favorite thing was Massengill was forced to be aggressive on the offensive end in the 4th that combo out there. When Saunders made 3 fouls in a row Jaz looked over for a sub for Emily none ever came. Jaz looked like what in the world. Haha

Also Key didn’t get much playing time... I am thinking you can’t be 6’6” and not be aggressive on the boards?!? It’s a learning lesson and she is going to be a good one

The things I am liking the best about the first five games is how much better Davis is defensively. Horston is really great already and Davis is ten times better than she was last season on the defensive end. Also the way were defending the dribble drive this year thus far is encouraging.

The things I am liking the best about the first five games is how much better Davis is defensively. Horston is really great already and Davis is ten times better than she was last season on the defensive end. Also the way were defending the dribble drive this year thus far is encouraging.

Yes, in a very short time Davis has become a lock-down defender, which may be the single most noticeable and helpful improvement to the program except for the new staff.

FYI: Ark P-B is another tiny team — reaaaallly short and skinny — but they are quick. Tennessee will have to make crisp passes because they are good at getting in the passing lanes. They’re getting points off turnovers.

Reactions: Ladyvol777
FYI: Ark P-B is another tiny team — reaaaallly short and skinny — but they are quick. Tennessee will have to make crisp passes because they are good at getting in the passing lanes. They’re getting points off turnovers.
They were ranked third to last a season ago, so we should dominate from start to finish.

Reactions: Ladyvol777
I'm Loving me some Jazmine Massengill. So happy she scored tonight. She played strong defense. She don't have many turnovers. Don,t do things to loose the game. I watch her last High School game in the Dicks tournament she had 38 points. If I read her lips right tonight after she missed a shot she sad a bad word HEHEHE. I love what coach Kellie Harper is doing with this team. As always go Lady Vol's.

Dearstone has my vote. He must own the station. Can't think of another reason for him to be announcing basketball.

VN Store

Back