Game Thread: #23/24 TENNESSEE VS. GEORGIA

Carolyn Peck just said when we had the 7 pt lead and taking Key out let Georgia back in the game.

She was correct. Notice she didn’t come out in the second quarter. Our coaching staff realized that as well. It’s the defensive end she really impacts when she’s in. The paint belong to her, it just isn’t an option for undersized teams when she’s in the game. Then we can pressure them on the perimeter and they have nothing but long jumpers.

Georgia really quick at the guard positions and they really trap you. If we could get it inside without turning it over think we could extend the lead quickly. Just glad to have the lead after some bad first quarter play.

Reactions: xtpsrh08123
putting kam and kk in at the same time when jaz and key were playing so well was mind boggling to me..no wonder the offense got bogged down..good effort to extend the lead tho and for petes sake quit putting kk and kam in the same time

Reactions: aretha57 and SandyO
I know coach doesn’t want to but she’s going to have to cut this to a 7 man rotation. With Rennie maybe as #8. At this point I would go with Saunders over KK. Harris and KK just don’t help.
#6 - Burrell, #7 - Saunders, #8 - Rennie

Saunders needs to get stronger before I put her ahead of no feet KK

Georgia really quick at the guard positions and they really trap you. If we could get it inside without turning it over think we could extend the lead quickly. Just glad to have the lead after some bad first quarter play.
If they trap they take a chance of Horston, Davis and Lou brown getting open threes with the anticipation the rebound would most likely comeback to the lady VOLS for an easy score.

Feed rennie !!
for goodness sakes if you put her in feed her !! All these girls jacking up contested bricks and their shooting percent is nowhere near Rennies!

Foot speed against the very fast A guards might have something to do with it.

putting kam and kk in at the same time when jaz and key were playing so well was mind boggling to me..no wonder the offense got bogged down..good effort to extend the lead tho and for petes sake quit putting kk and kam in the same time

Subbing strategies and the use of time outs ... ?

Reactions: KellywillwinNC
Really disappointed in the rebounding for that half. Nine turnovers. Overall not that disappointed except for that last six minutes of the first quarter.

Reactions: VolBall09
I would like to see what it looks like with both bigs in at the same time. Key and KK.

I’ve wondered this too, I think we would be too slow on transition D against a team like Georgia though. Could be something we see against SC or MSST.

Really disappointed in the rebounding for that half. Nine turnovers. Overall not that disappointed except for that last six minutes of the first quarter.

Only good thing is our O-boards were down because we were hitting most of our shots. Realistically we shot the ball well.

Reactions: Volfaninfl2
Probably for this game would like to see a lot of Key and Burrell at the four and five with Davis, Massengill, and Horston outside. We really need to get them inside with some scores and some offensive rebounding. A team we should have a lot of second chance points against and right now hasn't happened.

kellies subbing is weird and frustrating..everything else seems to be great

It gets a little odd at times. She has tightened the rotation in a couple of games this year though. I think as the season goes we will see less bench. Probably still a lot of the bench but in much shorter minutes.

VN Store

Back