1st Half 17-35 49% 3-6 50% 3-5 60%
2nd Half 21-39 54% 3-7 43% 3-5 60%

Game 38-74 51.4% 6-13 46.2% 6-10 60.0%

Deadball Rebounds: 2,0
Last FG: 4th-00:23
Biggest Run: 14-0
Largest lead: By 36 at 4-05
Technical Fouls: None.

Okay, didn’t get this spaced out very well, but game stats on shooting much better. Rae was high scorer and second on rebounds. The other highest scorers are Rennia and Jordan.

Well then. Good info

Reactions: Volfaninfl2
I had surgery a few years ago on my L4-L5. Good luck with it. I know it's no fun.

Couple of questions ...how long before you felt like you were at full recovery? Did you ever reach full recovery? At what point did you stop resting it and start PT? Anything you can tell me about this I know it's outside of the Gamepost but I could really use the info

I had surgery a few years ago on my L4-L5. Good luck with it. I know it's no fun.
I've got a very strong body never had an injury except minor pains accept minor pains and strains. So I know the athlete in me is going to push it's just a matter of figuring out when, how much and when to rest

Couple of questions ...how long before you felt like you were at full recovery? Did you ever reach full recovery? At what point did you stop resting it and start PT? Anything you can tell me about this I know it's outside of the Gamepost but I could really use the info
It was 12 years ago. I was 54. I had a tumor (benign thank god) in the nerve sheath. Very delicate surgery to remove. Scheduled for 4 hours it ended up 7.

Recovered pretty quickly. Only a vertical incision around 3 inches long. Up and around in a week. Two weeks later I arm swung my golf club (no body turn) and shot an 88.

Now sure how different any surgery for a herniated disc would be. Good luck Coach.

So who thinks Burrell should take Brown's spot in the starting lineup so she would be doing a lot more time on the court with Davis, Horston, Massengill, and Key. I think that group should be getting 30 minutes a game as a group. I'll hang up and listen. My reasoning she is a better rebounder than Brown much quicker player than Brown and what she does complements the other four players.

I'd love to see what Burrell could do as a starter. I've said that before. But in coach K's offense using the method of continuous and mass substitutions you have to have Aces on the bench as well as Aces on the floor you have to spread your people out so we still have one that gives us no spark Off the Bench like she is. The only way Burrell could become a starter is if Coach K changes her whole entire philosophy and starts playing her top seven or eight people and making the others earn their spot if they want to break into that top 8.

In the Missouri Valley Conference she was highly known and therefore got all the top players from that area who didn't go to power 5 schools. So she had the best of the best in the Missouri Valley Conference from what I see regarding that conference. So she could rotate 12-13 players and never loses step cuz she had the best. Yeah SEC is different and she knows it. I truly believe she knows that because she played in it. The SEC gets probably better than 50% of the top hundred each year and they are peppered throughout the entire sec some teams have 5 some some have for some have to but all of them have some of the top hundred. In the SEC. Loaded teams, face, loaded teams.

If you start Burrell for Lou, where's your spark plug?

As a fan I'd love to say Burrell go in, as a coach i understand that if she does go in it can't be for Lou it has to be for someone else who can come off the bench and provide the spark that she does now

Last edited:
Also, Lou starts because of stability and leadership. Keep her on the floor the first 5 minutes and but Burrell in the game. Keep Burrell next to coach and watch and coach her from the bench.
Lou’s leg is a liability for movement and lift.

So who thinks Burrell should take Brown's spot in the starting lineup so she would be doing a lot more time on the court with Davis, Horston, Massengill, and Key. I think that group should be getting 30 minutes a game as a group. I'll hang up and listen. My reasoning she is a better rebounder than Brown much quicker player than Brown and what she does complements the other four players.
I agree. The drop off in play is substantial after the top 4 non centers. If winning a particular game is the prime directive, as opposed to building a bench, then the core 4, JH, RB, RD and JM should be playing 30-35 minutes a game. The center position could be rotated freely as none of those candidates appear to be ready for 30 minutes a game. The main problem with playing the "core 4" is that puts Davis at the power forward position, not her most effective spot.
On a side note, if the SEC did get 50% of the top 100 recruits (as per Coach J) then we have the worst coaches in wcbb. The percentage figure is probably around 20%, which is still more than an equal share.

Reactions: Volfan2012
The Lady Vols are a very young team playing in December, who unfortunately didn't get tested in earlier games. Coach Kellie's team last year started off 1-7 for those who remember, and the team she formerly coached beat Mssouri (LV first SEC opponent) badly this year.
For those who read or listen to Kellie's pre and post interviews she emphasizes that she is aware of the deficiencies within the team especially after Green's injury. The freshmen centers need physical repetitions in games and learn from watching film to become an asset. Personally, I expect the team, emphasis on team, will have demonstrated all those cliche terms - maturity, grit, offensive flow, full 40-minutes playing defense, cohesiveness needed to be the "best they an be" by late February.

The Lady Vols are a very young team playing in December, who unfortunately didn't get tested in earlier games. Coach Kellie's team last year started off 1-7 for those who remember, and the team she formerly coached beat Mssouri (LV first SEC opponent) badly this year.
For those who read or listen to Kellie's pre and post interviews she emphasizes that she is aware of the deficiencies within the team especially after Green's injury. The freshmen centers need physical repetitions in games and learn from watching film to become an asset. Personally, I expect the team, emphasis on team, will have demonstrated all those cliche terms - maturity, grit, offensive flow, full 40-minutes playing defense, cohesiveness needed to be the "best they an be" by late February.
Do you think coach Kelly will play the bench players, in the SEC and NCAA playoffs, as freely as she did against Portland St. ?

I agree. The drop off in play is substantial after the top 4 non centers. If winning a particular game is the prime directive, as opposed to building a bench, then the core 4, JH, RB, RD and JM should be playing 30-35 minutes a game. The center position could be rotated freely as none of those candidates appear to be ready for 30 minutes a game. The main problem with playing the "core 4" is that puts Davis at the power forward position, not her most effective spot.
On a side note, if the SEC did get 50% of the top 100 recruits (as per Coach J) then we have the worst coaches in wcbb. The percentage figure is probably around 20%, which is still more than an equal share.

50% may be more of a "use to be" than a present "is"
In CPS's day everyone wanted to play for or against her and SEC provided that venue.
With the emergence of individual programs like uConn that changed
and with the now relevance of the of conferences like the Pac-12 it has changed again

But that is the big picture, the little picture is girls still want to play for tennessee.
and through our university came the emergences of programs like SC, M ST, etc.

Do you think coach Kelly will play the bench players, in the SEC and NCAA playoffs, as freely as she did against Portland St. ?

If her intent is to try to put her brand on this team and conference, yes
if she wants to compete,,maybe not

50% may be more of a "use to be" than a present "is"
In CPS's day everyone wanted to play for or against her and SEC provided that venue.
With the emergence of individual programs like uConn that changed
and with the now relevance of the of conferences like the Pac-12 it has changed again

But that is the big picture, the little picture is girls still want to play for tennessee.
and through our university came the emergences of programs like SC, M ST, etc.

If her intent is to try to put her brand on this team and conference, yes
if she wants to compete,,maybe not

Not to beat a dead horse but...
If you go back to 2008, 2009 or 2010 (I can't find easily accessible rankings for earlier periods), when Pat was in charge, the SEC recruited about the same percentage of top 100 players as they do now. I sincerely doubt they ever approached signing 50% of the top 100 players.

Not to beat a dead horse but...
If you go back to 2008, 2009 or 2010 (I can't find easily accessible rankings for earlier periods), when Pat was in charge, the SEC recruited about the same percentage of top 100 players as they do now. I sincerely doubt they ever approached signing 50% of the top 100 players.

I guess I need to stick to what I know, coaching....and start leaving statistics to others

Hopefully Kellie got on them about the perimeter defensive letup in the final quarter. In most Sec games you will get beat if you take a quarter off on defense.

Also, Lou starts because of stability and leadership. Keep her on the floor the first 5 minutes and but Burrell in the game. Keep Burrell next to coach and watch and coach her from the bench.
Lou’s leg is a liability for movement and lift.

For someone whose leg is a liability, she spends more time on the floor after loose balls than anyone else on the team, and I think she's still the only LV who's taken a charge, and multiple ones at that. I wouldn't be surprised if Kellie also considers hustle, both in practice and during games, as a factor in allotting PT.

For someone whose leg is a liability, she spends more time on the floor after loose balls than anyone else on the team, and I think she's still the only LV who's taken a charge, and multiple ones at that. I wouldn't be surprised if Kellie also considers hustle, both in practice and during games, as a factor in allotting PT.

Agreed. If I were Kellie I might consider a starting lineup of Jaz at PG, Jordan as SG, Rennia and Rae as power forwards, and Lou at post. I’d have the trio of Rennia, Rae and Lou setting screens for each other at the high post as the off player cuts.

I really like having Lou under the basket scrapping for boards and loose balls. She’s our toughest player — by far.

VN Store

Back