Game Thread: #23/24 TENNESSEE AT PORTLAND STATE

Fourth quarter,forgot to play defense again. Three pointers were being shot with no defenders very close. Amazing that a team can look so good for a time,then look so pedestrian for awhile. Good win for our Lady Vols after being favored by nine points. Still improvements to come.

Reactions: W.TN.Orange Blood
Fourth quarter,forgot to play defense again. Three pointers were being shot with no defenders very close. Amazing that a team can look so good for a time,then look so pedestrian for awhile. Good win for our Lady Vols after being favored by nine points. Still improvements to come.

I know I was looking good for my 90-50 prediction till they let gardner go off

well, we learned one thing tonight --- the bottom of the LVs bench is not as good as Portland State's subs, or maybe just not as committed, which is a distinction without a difference --- next up, Howard (8-4), a team that looks to be a tad better than Portland St. (maybe)

well, we learned one thing tonight --- the bottom of the LVs bench is not as good as Portland State's subs, or maybe just not as committed, which is a distinction without a difference --- next up, Howard (8-4), a team that looks to be a tad better than Portland St. (maybe)
McCoy and Harris 2 for 13 from the field.

agree...there is a missing presence on this team IMO
A power player
KK is close, but not intimidating
We need a rick mahorn/Charles Oakley/Bill Laimbeer/Dennis Rodman
Someone who not only dares the opposition to penetrate,
but, looks forward to it

Out of all of the posts, the one that initially looks like this type of player is Saunders
But she has to do more than look like it

two things I want to see in this game:
a run stoppage from the bench (5+ points)...and...a "Jordan Rules" presence for the paint

Other things I want to see...
No letting the foot off of the gas when leading
The second unit to come in and not miss a beat
Boxing out on the shot
assists on a third of our makes
2 to 1 asst v TO's
High intensity off-the-ball deny-defense, , no easy receptions
and
My own pet peeve...immediate closeouts on all picked up dribbles
I was hoping Jaiden would be that player!!!

Reactions: FrozenLVFan
several sec teams will make them pay if they do not defend the 3 ball.

Reactions: Hoosier
I was hoping Jaiden would be that player!!!

I considered Jaden but she seems to have a guard or small forward mentality. She doesn't look for opportunities to post up. Emily does.

Though her technique needs a lot of work and her timing and Mobility both need work. Still Emily thinks like a post and is built like a post. I could make a power forword out of either one, but as a coach and as someone who looks at these kids both in game and then shoot arounds... Emily is a power forward she just doesn't know it yet

Shooting By Period
Period FG FG% 3FG 3FG% FT FT%
1st Qtr 8-18 44% 2-2 100% 0-0 0%
2nd Qtr 9-17 53% 1-4 25% 3-5 60%
3rd Qtr 10-18 56% 2-3 67% 3-5 60%
4th Qtr 11-21 52% 1-4 25% 0-0 0%
1st Half 17-35 49% 3-6 50% 3-5 60%
2nd Half 21-39 54% 3-7 43% 3-5 60%

Game 38-74 51.4% 6-13 46.2% 6-10 60.0%

Deadball Rebounds: 2,0
Last FG: 4th-00:23
Biggest Run: 14-0
Largest lead: By 36 at 4-05
Technical Fouls: None.

Okay, didn’t get this spaced out very well, but game stats on shooting much better. Rae was high scorer and second on rebounds. The other highest scorers are Rennia and Jordan.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ladyvol777

VN Store

Back