Game Thread: (23/24) Lady Vols vs. (rv/rv) Georgia

this is truth. appreciate you putting this together.

there was a poster that did this before... who was that?

i really appreciate this and as crazy as these can get i love the differing points of views in a centralized place.

Yes as @Rickster said, it was govmntmule who used to do them. I believe they indicated at some point they were in poor health. Likely passed on. Always appreciated their posts and take on the upcoming game.

The game threads have always been my favorite thing on this board. Thanks to those who participate! I probably post too much during the game, but it’s fun. I enjoy that for just a moment all of us are focused on only one thing. No arguing, just Lady Vol Basketball!

Staiti is playing great right now. She gave Carter from MSST all kinds of problems in their matchup. She seems to be playing better against like size, but I think the Key is a much stronger defensive player than Carter.
Tamari did well against her last year, hopefully she’ll welcome the challenge and Kasi has improved a lot and upped her conditioning which I think will help a lot

Kasi is playing her home state school, so she should be fired up.

I hope so! I would love for her to play w huge part in shutting Staiti down as well as having a good offensive game! For us GA residents UGA is THE school re: academics and athletics and popularity combined. State athletes who attend the school are on a pedestal no matter how they do. Give them hell Kasi.

Defensive keys to the game against UGA in my eyes.

#1 The paint has to be closed this afternoon. If we can control Staiti inside that’s a big step in the right direction. She is their leader. We did a great job of this last season, will need another great defensive effort from our interior players. Key and KK will need to stay out of foul trouble which means our perimeter players can’t get beat off the dribble 50 times like the other night. Suspect we will see a lot of Walker in place of Suarez tonight for this reason. Must win the battle of the boards and the paint points.

#2 We need to be more disruptive on defense. UGA is turnover prone, even more so than we are, averaging almost 18 a game. They force their opponents into over 20 though. IMO it is an important growth point for us to win the points off turnovers battle today. We need to disrupt and convert. Would like to see us throw a trap at the ball when it goes into the corner or right as the ball handler crosses half court. Make them throw some bad passes and get some runout baskets to build a lead. Those plays are deflating to teams.

#3 Get back in transition and pick up their guards early. Have to bust back and get our defense set. If we force them to play over us they’ll struggle. If we allow them to play around us like we did LSU it could be a long night. We cannot allow their guards to catch an outlet and go right up the center of the paint. Gotta turn them back right after mid court.

#4 Turn them into a jump shooting team and force them to run halfcourt offense. They only average 4 3s a game. They have several players who shoot it pretty well though. Need to run them off the line and force them into tough jumpers. Their guards don’t have much of a mid-range game and if we can clog the paint they’ll have a tough shooting night. Would not be shocked to see some more zone tonight but we’re going to have to rebound better out of it than we did against LSU.

Thanks, Rickster!

200.gif

Finebaum is killing me here. It definitely has a Southern Flavor about it, though.
Edit...leaving early for a brief pregame....cool.

I have no clue how good Ga is so I will wait before I discuss what we should or should not do. Go Lady Vols. In CHRIST Alone

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK

VN Store

Back