Game Thread: #23/23 Lady Vols versus #3/5 UCONN

We can’t blame Kellie, these are holly recruits she is working with, some of these players lack basketball IQ..yes KK was terrible tonight in every aspect of the game, but I think the same thing would have happened with Jaiden... Kellie has our defense looking better than holly ever did...

I hope we are out there recruiting for next year.we need a p point guard that can score and break down the defense.

We need a post player that can make a play and can catch the ball..

Jaiden and Rennie are really not fast enough to play D1

Go Get the ETSU grad transfer PG think she's from Nashville scored 43 I believe vs UT early in the year.

One bit of good news.
Georgia beat Arkansas and Alabama is up overA&M in the 4th.
Just wondering what everyone’s feelings would be if we didn’t know we were up at the half. Just knew we lost by 15.
The turnovers are really what makes this sting. We probably win with 17 not 27.
I guess it’s like golf where you think you have something fixed on the driving range, front nine you are playing pretty good maybe going to have a special round and then......all the bad old habits come right back. Takes a lot of range work to make changes hold up under pressure.

They UConn picked it up 2nd half UT was 1/2 step slow and UC was 1/2 step faster. Geno lit a fire and they came out made some contested close steals. This got the Vols on their heels and they never recovered looked like they started playing timid. UConn seen the blood and kept pouring on turnover after turnover. Look up & UT just scored 14 2nd half. What could have been.

There were fouls not called both ways all game long. If you think the reason we got ran over in the 2nd half was due to refs then you watched the wrong game.

I will say it got more physical in the second half and I liked it! That is the level our team will need to step up and play with! A level of toughness and have the ability to not get rattled!

I am sure Geno said get physical with their posts as I would have because Key was getting frustrated and KK has butter fingers

Reactions: 1reVOLver
I will say it got more physical in the second half and I liked it! That is the level our team will need to step up and play with! A level of toughness and have the ability to not get rattled!

I am sure Geno said get physical with their posts as I would have because Key was getting frustrated and KK has butter fingers

Yep Geno must have talked to the refs, although KK brought the ball down and has a bad handle. She got what I call pester fouled a lot especially 2nd half. I'm sure Geno had a talk with the refs and found out how far he could take it. Some nights those are fouls some nights it's not according to refs and some refs are intimidated by coach and i'd say Geno lit in to these refs in passing at the half. Then went in locker room and lit in to UC players.

She tries to play a deeper bench than she has. No way KK it Kam Harris should have seen the floor, but I feel like her hands were tied...I would have given Jaiden and Emily a ****, they couldn’t have been any worse.

I agree. When neither Tamari nor Kasi were getting it done, I kept hoping that Kellie would give Jaiden and Emily at LEAST a minute each to see what might happen. I am extremely disappointed for them that they weren’t given a shot since the other two obviously weren’t having any success at all. I mean, seriously. Like you said, how could Jaiden or Emily have done any worse. I am hurting for Jaiden, whom I think especially deserved a shot given how hard she has played in recent games. :(

I’m sure Kellie will lose tons of sleep worrying over me being upset with her not playing Jaiden or Emily. lol

How many of those turnovers and missed layups were on the refs?

Some of the TO's were fouls especially the one steal to start the 2nd half , which IMO put the Vols on their heels and was a turning point .They started doubting and were timid from that point forward JMO.
Didnt expect a W at UConn ESPN's adopted program but was hoping for better play the 2nd half was a step behind whole 2nd half.

I agree. When neither Tamari nor Kasi were getting it done, I kept hoping that Kellie would give Jaiden and Emily at LEAST a minute each to see what might happen. I am extremely disappointed for them that they weren’t given a shot since the other two obviously weren’t having any success at all. I mean, seriously. Like you said, how could Jaiden or Emily have done any worse. I am hurting for Jaiden, whom I think especially deserved a shot given how hard she has played in recent games. :(

I’m sure Kellie will lose tons of sleep worrying over me being upset with her not playing Jaiden or Emily. lol
THE WAY KK AND KAM ARE PLAYING IS PITIFUL. FIRST OF ALL, KAM SHOULD NEVER BE PLAYING THE WING, AND UNTIL KK GETS IN SHAPE SHE SHOULD NEVER SEE THE FLOOR. MCCOY HAS LOST WEIGHT AND PLAYED BETTER. SHE AND SAUNDERS SHE BE GETTING KAM AND KK MINUTES. THE LADY VOLS HAVE SEVERAL PROBLEMS. NO DEPTH, POOR POST PLAY, POOR BALL MOVEMENT, AND THIS TEAM HAS TOO MANY PLAYERS WITH LOW BB IQS. LOBO COMMENTED ON THE LV LACK OF BALL MOVEMENT, AND MOTION ON OFFENSE COMPARED TO U CON OFFENSE. ALSO HOW THE UCON POST PLAYERS CATCH THE BALL AND MAKE OFFENSIVE MOVES WHILE KEY AND KK JUST CATCH THE BALL AND THROW IT AT THE RIM. KH SHOULD BE AT JR COLLEGE GAMES LOOKING FOR POST PLAYERS AND WINGS. ISABELLA HARRISON IS THE LAST PLAYER TN DEVELOPED FROM HERE FR. SESSON TO HER SR. SEASON. AND THERE HAVE BEEN HIGHLY RATED PLAYERS SIGNED DURING THESE YEARS. THE COACHING STAFF HAS TO DO THINGS DIFFERENTLY. IF NOT THIS PROGRAM WILL CONTINUE TO REGRESS.

Reactions: T.J.

Yes it’s been too easy for Key this season so far playing against the teams on our schedule. The good thing is she will only get better and hopefully our schedule for next year will also get better. We are not prepared to play against good teams.

I've said it before -- the LVs lack the killer instinct -- if they ever find that, they will be back on top again ---- I mean, how can you come out after halftime without the "fire" you started the game with when you are playing a much higher ranked team?

Reactions: stlvolsfan

She’s probably writing us a hand written apology right now lol. I definitely thought Jaiden should have been given a shot. Look how Griffin of UConn responded to her shot, sometimes you just never know!

Reactions: Dube and lvocd
Some of the TO's were fouls especially the one steal to start the 2nd half , which IMO put the Vols on their heels and was a turning point .They started doubting and were timid from that point forward JMO.
Didnt expect a W at UConn ESPN's adopted program but was hoping for better play the 2nd half was a step behind whole 2nd half.
They certainly were timid and on their heels in the second half. UConn really dialed up the pressure on defense in that half and seemed to me to play with far more intensity and speed. I attribute the LV's meltdown to that rather than anything the refs did. But, I agree the officiating was not the best.

Reactions: 1reVOLver
THE WAY KK AND KAM ARE PLAYING IS PITIFUL. FIRST OF ALL, KAM SHOULD NEVER BE PLAYING THE WING, AND UNTIL KK GETS IN SHAPE SHE SHOULD NEVER SEE THE FLOOR. MCCOY HAS LOST WEIGHT AND PLAYED BETTER. SHE AND SAUNDERS SHE BE GETTING KAM AND KK MINUTES. THE LADY VOLS HAVE SEVERAL PROBLEMS. NO DEPTH, POOR POST PLAY, POOR BALL MOVEMENT, AND THIS TEAM HAS TOO MANY PLAYERS WITH LOW BB IQS. LOBO COMMENTED ON THE LV LACK OF BALL MOVEMENT, AND MOTION ON OFFENSE COMPARED TO U CON OFFENSE. ALSO HOW THE UCON POST PLAYERS CATCH THE BALL AND MAKE OFFENSIVE MOVES WHILE KEY AND KK JUST CATCH THE BALL AND THROW IT AT THE RIM. KH SHOULD BE AT JR COLLEGE GAMES LOOKING FOR POST PLAYERS AND WINGS. ISABELLA HARRISON IS THE LAST PLAYER TN DEVELOPED FROM HERE FR. SESSON TO HER SR. SEASON. AND THERE HAVE BEEN HIGHLY RATED PLAYERS SIGNED DURING THESE YEARS. THE COACHING STAFF HAS TO DO THINGS DIFFERENTLY. IF NOT THIS PROGRAM WILL CONTINUE TO REGRESS.
Stop yelling! 😉

I've said it before -- the LVs lack the killer instinct -- if they ever find that, they will be back on top again ---- I mean, how can you come out after halftime without the "fire" you started the game with when you are playing a much higher ranked team?
UConn threw water on the LVs fire with their second half defensive intensity. LVs didn't lose their fire. UConn took it.

If its garbage and it stinks why are you on this board?????????????????
The poster is on this board because they have a right to be and want to state an opinion concerning coach's substitution patterns. That same opinion has been voiced by many on this board though not so to the point. And, who appointed you as chairman of the Censorship Committee?

Probably not lvocd but could this be a factor,
in all sports I've noticed that coaches will not
play 2 or 3 players for whatever reason and
these poor young people are perennial bench
warmers through their careers on the team

McCoy and Saunders would have been as useless as KK and Cam in this game. If UCONN would have pressured us more in the 1st half this game would have gotten ugly fast and we might have had 35 TO’s. So who on their team could KK, Cam, McCoy, Saunders and even Key guard? When the ball was in any our Posts hand it was like taking candy from a baby.

Reactions: Volfaninfl2

VN Store

Back