Game Thread: #23/23 Lady Vols versus #3/5 UCONN

UT looks to about the same team as the past two seasons.
You see the first half? I don't remember the last four teams combined having that many sound minutes to start a big game. Have not seen that level of poise and preparedness in half a decade or so.

Yep, they imploded in sadly familiar fashion in the 2nd half. The horrors of the recent past have proven tough to totally shake. But I've seen encouraging flashes this season for sure. And I was not a KJH advocate coming in btw.

Reactions: Volfaninfl2
It was best of times it was the worst of times. Just where we are folks. Up to Kellie and company to fix the fundamentals and then we can work on actual strategy. Going to be a long conference haul. GBO!

I would recommend not starting Horston not game
but replacing her with Burrell would be no different.
Get well soon Zay .
Coach, please play Emily over Kasi just once.
We should have beat the hell out of icons. For real.

I read somewhere that Alexis Hornbuckle saw TN lose to UConn and vowed never to lose to them and that made her want to play for TN.

I wonder if there were a bunch of girls that side I want to go to UConn but there was that one prospect that said I want to be the difference for TN🤔

The turnovers were terrible just terrible but last years team I fear was worse. We will find out soon if the LVs let this loss spill over and let one loss become 2 then 3 then 6 😡

I may be a sunshine pumper but I have better hope for this team becuz they seem to care and want to do better. It may take some time to undo some coaching then implement some IQ and to eliminate the laziness because that lazy stand around basketball was a throwback to last year. When the other team is making their runs or imposing their will is where this team and Kellie has to get them to be tougher

We can’t blame Kellie, these are holly recruits she is working with, some of these players lack basketball IQ..yes KK was terrible tonight in every aspect of the game, but I think the same thing would have happened with Jaiden... Kellie has our defense looking better than holly ever did...

I hope we are out there recruiting for next year. We need a point guard that can score and break down the defense.

We need a post player that can make a play and can catch the ball..

Jaiden and Rennie are really not fast enough to play D1
Stupid comment.

Reactions: Franklin Pierce
I would recommend not starting Horston not game
but replacing her with Burrell would be no different.
Get well soon Zay .
Coach, please play Emily over Kasi just once.
We should have beat the hell out of icons. For real.
We have to start her Burrell is terrible as well and Rennie can't guard anybody. Everybody else is inside players.

You see the first half? I don't remember the last four teams combined having that many sound minutes to start a big game. Have not seen that level of poise and preparedness in half a decade or so.

Yep, they imploded in sadly familiar fashion in the 2nd half. The horrors of the recent past have proven tough to totally shake. But I've seen encouraging flashes this season for sure. And I was not a KJH advocate coming in btw.

I wasn't a KJH advocate either. I heard some disparaging things about why she and her husband got canned at NC State. Apparently her teams there were undisciplined. Hard to believe, right?

Then you have a short memory. The 17-18 Lady Vols were blowing out a very good Notre Dame team in South Bend by 23 points in the first half before completely imploding. I'm sure there are other examples that I'm too pissed to remember offhand, but this is nothing new...

I think we could have won this game. This was our chance. UConn is not as good as past teams. Except for defense. UConn turned it up a notch on defense and accelerated our turnovers. We substitute in for fresh legs. UConn has fresher legs at the end. Conditioning is one of the keystone trademarks of a UConn team. They can run all night

It’s too soon to give up on this team and definitely way too soon to be speaking negatively about Coach

Keep you chin up Coach

Check the free throws..I beleive it's almost 2 to 1 for Conn.

Check the box score: Fouls—Us, 16, them, 14. More of ours were shooting fouls.
That doesn't show bias by the refs. The refs didn't cause our turnovers, weird substitutions, or pitiful shooting in the second half. Blame the refs if you must; fans of losing teams have been doing that for as long as I've been watching or playing, and that's getting on towards seventy years.

VN Store

Back