Game Thread: #22/24 TENNESSEE VS. HOWARD

I noticed we were trying a few new things offensively too. Trying to run some more screening action and getting some motion in the offense.

Reactions: Volfaninfl2
The point being I think we are getting better with quite a bit of room for improvement still. I think were playing decent defense, but could be a lot better and more intense. Howard's inability to shoot and make free throws made this a thirty point game. I don't know how Harper is gonna harness Burrell she has made a lot of great plays today and a few not so great. If she ever gets her decision making together she is an All American.

What fun! A few errant passes early, but team looking good. Jordan, Rae, and Jessie really showing up. Love watching the Rae show, whose hairdo is very nice, all that, and she’s made some nice passes, too. Team looks to be amping up for SEC play. GO LADY VOLS!!!

Let’s hope so! Great post, I feel like they look very positive and upbeat today. Nice to see them having fun with it.

Keys to the game:
  • Don't let their shooters go off for a career night! (Williams, Thornton, Edmond, Marsh, Thorpe),,,NO Career nights! check
  • They turn the ball over so force defense a little,, especially off the ball denial,, (make steals from reading the passing lane).check
  • Be immediate with your shooter-closeouts on and commit to closing out on all dribble-pickups (make them afraid to pick the ball up, thereby dribbling too much = turnovers 7 to's 1 asst at the half
  • They set up the shot with the pass,,24 of 36 baskets were off of assists. So no easy receptions or entries...make them work for every touch check
  • They cut to the basket from the weak-side on shots and drives, that is how they get their rebounds...Not from boxing out, instead by avoiding the box-out. they have 8 Off-Rebs.

we have noticably taken our foot off of the gas,,,time to step back on the pedal
We need to finish like we want to start.

7-0 scoring run

time to coach

Reactions: RollerVol

VN Store

Back