Game Thread: #22/23 TENNESSEE VS. MISSOURI

another good teaching film for the ladies to watch...did enough to win which is always nice...and, as always...

GO LADY VOLS!

Reactions: stlvolsfan
Burrell is a talented individual player but she hasn't integrated herself well into offensive play. Having a disruption of the offense at the beginning of the game can be difficult to reverse. IMHO, the team is better off if she's still coming off the bench for now.
Completely agree.

Reactions: PRG
The freshmen score 29 today points we had to have. In the SEC you have to win as many as you can at home especially against 3 and 10 teams. Key really got after it on the boards she should be player of the game.

Reactions: Volfaninfl2
well, it's a win, so there's that --- Key scoring and Massengill with 12 assists are the bright spots --- Davis remains steady, which is a plus+++

Nice game overall after the first quarter. I think there were some nerves involved there.

Nice to see Key put the ball in the basket, she can get stronger and do more though. At her size 3 boards just isn’t gonna cut it. She should be pushing a double double and rebounds should be the easy half of that for her. Never had to box out in HS.

Jazz has 12 assists to 1 turnover, I’m really impressed with her ball control this season.

We shot 50% from the floor which I think is great against any SEC opponent.

Now if we can not lose the next 6 games in a row this season will be a success in my eyes. I remember beating Auburn to open SEC play last season then promptly dropped the next 5 SEC contests and the game to ND.

Reactions: travis929
Nice game overall after the first quarter. I think there were some nerves involved there.

Nice to see Key put the ball in the basket, she can get stronger and do more though. At her size 3 boards just isn’t gonna cut it. She should be pushing a double double and rebounds should be the easy half of that for her. Never had to box out in HS.

Jazz has 12 assists to 1 turnover, I’m really impressed with her ball control this season.

We shot 50% from the floor which I think is great against any SEC opponent.

Now if we can not lose the next 6 games in a row this season will be a success in my eyes. I remember beating Auburn to open SEC play last season then promptly dropped the next 5 SEC contests and the game to ND.

That was Holly, this is Kellie

Blackwell is best player in the gym!

Maybe you meant Amber Smith? Because Blackwell should have had about 3-4 more turnovers off her pushing off and not getting called. She plays with an edge I’ll give you that reminds me of Cunningham. It must be a Mizzou thing. However if I was choosing between her and Horston i am taking Horston hands down. JMO...

I will always think you start your best five players and Burrell is one of the best five. She plays well with Horston and Davis and it gives you three players that can drive the ball or shoot the jump shot. If she is coming off the bench the rest of this season then she needs to be in there a lot of minutes with Horston and Davis those three make things happen together with Massengill at point and Key in the post. The argument I have for Burrell starting is that she a better scorer and rebounder than Brown and really complements Davis and Horston as a trio. Of course I like to have three of Horston, Massengill, Key, Burrell, or Davis in the game at all times. I would like to see all five of those players logging close to 30 minutes a game. I think the top two subs seem to be KK and Rennie post and perimeter. The others Brown, McCoy, Harris, and Saunders have a lot to prove to be worthy of the minutes they are presently getting. Their contribution hasn't been in accordance with the minutes they are presently playing. Hopefully if they are going to get double digit minutes that will change.
I like a lot of what you said. I definitely think Rae compliments the other 4 starters better than Lou, but I also like her off the bench. My biggest take away from this game is, I think we don’t have as deep of a bench as Kellie would like. I know she likes to play a lot of players, but I think the further we get into SEC play, the further exposed our bench will be. With the exception of Burrell, KK, and Rennie, I don’t feel comfortable with anyone in the game.

VN Store

Back