Game Thread : #22/22 LADY VOLS AT VANDERBILT

I wonder how much long White is going to be their coach 11 and 58 in the SEC. Balcomb got fired for a lot better record or maybe it was for another reason. Regardless 11 and 58 in the SEC fourth year not quite finished will have over 60 losses which is terrible.

Teams have been shooting poorly against us because of our defense. Vandy is a poor 3 point shooting team. Why do you think we let them bombs away last night?

They average 5 ATTEMPTS on the season. Last night we baited them into taking 20 and they shot 25%. That’s exactly what our defense wanted them to do.
I disagree. We have left shooters open all season. Heck Vandy even missed open layups! Even UCONN missed 3pt shots they usually make. All I am saying we need to put more emphasis on guarding the 3 ball. But not sure any team in SEC really shoots that well.

Reactions: 87&91ALUM
I disagree. We have left shooters open all season. Heck Vandy even missed open layups! Even UCONN missed 3pt shots they usually make. All I am saying we need to put more emphasis on guarding the 3 ball. But not sure any team in SEC really shoots that well.

Yeah OK lol. The number #2 field goal defense in the entire country is just randomly leaving opponents open.

When everyone shoots poorly against you, I think we call that good defense. With our TO problem, it's amazing our defense gives up as little as it does.

As of today Davis is at number 32 all time with 1239 points. If we have 11 games left at least and she averages 18 her current average she would end the season at 1437 points. If she plays her senior year and averages 18 for 32 additional games her total would be 2014 which would put her around number 7 all time in Lady Vol history. She could possibly make the top five with an even better scoring average next season and the rest of this season.

As of today Davis is at number 32 all time with 1239 points. If we have 11 games left at least and she averages 18 her current average she would end the season at 1437 points. If she plays her senior year and averages 18 for 32 additional games her total would be 2014 which would put her around number 7 all time in Lady Vol history. She could possibly make the top five with an even better scoring average next season and the rest of this season.

Ironically, I thought Newby (as obnoxious as she is) did a hell of job guarding Davis last night despite her finishing with a game high points...

Remember when everybody was saying why did we waste a scholarship on Lou Brown? I don’t know what she will contribute? Too slow? Can’t shoot? Can’t defend?

I hope everybody is now seeing we are a much better team when she is on the floor. She just makes the right plays and gets people in the right places. What she lacks in lateral movement and speed she makes up
with smarts and position defense.

Maria C. had an excellent write-up of last night's game

She quoted Jaz saying that "Lou is the glue" who settles the team down when things are going south and who gets the team to focus on the next play. In short, what many of us have observed.

Lou seemd determined to make the most of her one year of eligibilty. She epitomizes the "Today I will give my all for Tennessee." LVFL!!!

Rennia, Lou, and Jaz have emerged as splendid team leaders...leading by example and words Jaiden is another natural leader.

I like Kellie's comment that she never mentioned last year's loss and left that up to the players (saying that they would motivate themselves if it meant something to them). Obviously, her trust was well-founded, and the upperclassmen "brought the freshman along," to quote Re.

Kellie said that the only thing she said was to point out that the rivalry was always a big deal to her when she played ( her teams wete 9-0 against Vandy). Hard to argue with a coach who has 3 NC rings ( if only she had 4 :mad:).

"We all go a little crazy sometimes."

Francis 7~Logan's Run
Saw the movie years ago. Just looked up the
Plot on Wikipedia. Like your sense 😂 of humor Creekdipper. I have been known to
do that even now in my old age. Also liked
your post on positivity of lady vol posters

Reactions: creekdipper
Enjoy your posts, too, Chippo. You bring the honesty in a supportive way and don't hesitate to amend your opinions when you feel it's warranted after careful consideration. I admire that...a lot.

We've got a challenging stretch coming up. Hope we all can have our ladies' backs.

I'm hoping we will see a quality young lady committing to the Lady Vol future tomorrow at 6 pm EST.

Maria C. had an excellent write-up of last night's game

She quoted Jaz saying that "Lou is the glue" who settles the team down when things are going south and who gets the team to focus on the next play. In short, what many of us have observed.
That's interesting since I was the first one to call her "Lou the glue" on this site very early in the year. I guess that's evidence that some people think alike or they actually do read these forums.

OrangeManiac, I am already beginning to mourn the fact that Lou “The Glue” Brown’s career at Tennessee is winding down too fast. I don’t even want to think about her being gone. :(

Some may find this hard to believe, but Lou played herself onto my All-Time Favorite Lady Vols list after less than half a season. Her attitude and fortitude make her the consummate teammate and a coach’s dream. Pat Summitt would have absolutely adored her toughness and her maturity in keeping the young players mindful of their attitude and body language.

She does terrify me every time she sacrifices her body to take a charge, but MAN, she really has been instrumental in the miraculous turnaround of the program attitude-wise. Love her!

That's interesting since I was the first one to call her "Lou the glue" on this site very early in the year. I guess that's evidence that some people think alike or they actually do read these forums.

I remember when people were bashing Dunbar about something and a poster claiming to be her mom popped up in the board to inform (giving very detailed information) that Kortney had a serious foot injury that impaired her mobility and asked that Vol nation stay behind her as she was working her hardest to get back and contribute to the team.

If that was any indication then I would say yes parents, players, and potential players probably read these things.

Also people have mentioned that certain former parentS of past lady Vols lurked on here too to see what was being said. Because what specific posters were saying were addressed on their other social media outlets 👀

Why doesn’t Saunders play anymore? Is she hurt?
She’s not hurt. It’s a shame she’s not seen the floor anymore than she has. She’s talented and moves beautifully for her height. I’m afraid she will leave after this season.

She’s not hurt. It’s a shame she’s not seen the floor anymore than she has. She’s talented and moves beautifully for her height. I’m afraid she will leave after this season.
Could she qualify for a red shirt? I sure don't remember her playing much at all.

Could she qualify for a red shirt? I sure don't remember her playing much at all.

No she can not. For a true red shirt season, without injury, you cannot play even one second or you forfeit the entire year of eligibility.

If you have a season ending injury and played in fewer than 20% of scheduled contests you can apply for a medical red shirt.

Last edited:
Unless someone has some inside information to share, we can't say why any athlete is sidelined. There can be many reasons including the staff simply feeling the athlete isn't ready. At this point, unless Kellie is asked directly for comment, we just have to trust that she is doing what she feels is best for the athlete and the team. And speculation ought to end there.

At this point, unless Kellie is asked directly for comment, we just have to trust that she is doing what she feels is best for the athlete and the team. And speculation ought to end there.
Disagree. IMO perfectly legit LV team discussion to question why this one player never gets to play at all anymore, especially on a team where the new coach just looovvvees experimenting with her young lineup. If the speculation got personal, and I haven't seen that, it would be icky. But in relation to LV post player options, a big area of fan debate, nothing wrong with it.

Reactions: tn4everlvfl

VN Store

Back