Game Thread: #22/22 LADY VOLS AT #1/2 SOUTH CAROLINA

How many times Davis have to get fouled before they call at least one. Regardless same way we've been playing except were playing a better team. Minus 11 in shots because of ten turnovers and minus four offensive rebounds. We could still make a game of this have to shoot better not turn it over at all and I doubt that happens but we'll see if we can get something going.

Moral victories by TN:
Fewer than 15 TOs
Held SC to under 50 points

In other words, SC having an off day, and we stink.

We have 3 assists and zero steals in the first half.
On the plus side, Key has 6 blocks.
SC with 11 more fg attempts in the first half.

Slow, tenative, not confident. Very disappointing, definitely a developmental setback. Let's see if any halftime adjustment can be made to at least play a little more efficiently so we only lose by 20.

I'm beginning to think it might be time for Horston to observe off the bench a bit more. She's very close to having the yips. She literally cannot even make an uncontested 3 foot pass cleanly.

Everybody's jumping on Horston,,,there are 5 players out there!

Even though we’re down, kudos to KK for the made free throws and Jasmine’s clock beating shot. If we’d play the rest of the game like we did that last couple seconds I’d be happier with their effort.

it’s the best collection of talent in a class I’ve seen in years. I’d say this group gets one title. Like I said fact is SC sets the standard now. if you aren’t recruiting at their level you are playing for 2nd
And isn't one of our best recruiters in years sitting on the USC bench now?

Reactions: WVU05UT09
I was really upset at Rennia for the play when she didn’t box out Saxton and let her get the o board. Luckily she missed the putback but just standing after a shot is unacceptable. Coach Harper, get these girls to boxing out!

How did this SC team lose to Indiana? That one makes no sense.

checked box score... SC had 23 fouls to IU's 18... early in our game multiple shooting fouls not called...
2nd qtr refs called a slightly different game.
SC has a nice aggressive defensive mentality, but some refs call fouls, some are afraid to

Reactions: Volfaninfl2
The 2-3 zone was effective the first half of the 2Q then SC figured it out and went on a run. I’m struggling to find positives but proud of KK for battling and knocking down free throws.

Our offense has no movement or patience. We need much better passing. Honestly our players always seem unprepared when facing aggressive defenses. I wonder if we practice against aggressive defenders and if so how the passing and TOs look in practice.

They’re playing great defense and we don’t have the offensive confidence to let it break down. Have to be patient and let a great defense beat itself. We tried to force everything that half. Didn’t get ourselves a single easy bucket.

Reactions: NoBackBoard
Someone please explain why Saunders gets no time. She cannot be any worse than Brown or Harris.
As someone said the other day when I posed the same question- I guess she shoots too high a percentage.

They're obviously beatable -not a juggernaut. There is zero excuse for a team as talented as Tennessee not to at least play them a good close game.

We'll know how good they really are when they play UConn. Geno always seems to have Dawn's number.

Reactions: TN1111
Without Horston’s, Massengill’s, and McCoy’s courage, I don’t think anybody else could find the door to step off the bus.

every face on the court for us shows fear right now
every single player

its time for Coach K to make that fear, in her!

Like I've said a few times before were a little to big at the guard positions. Massengill does a good job but both her and Horston are combo guards neither is a true point guard at least with the overall point guard game. We would do well to get a Grad Transfer point guard in here for next season because neither Salary or Darby are point guards.

Reactions: Coach Jumper

VN Store

Back