Game Thread: #22/22 LADY VOLS AT #1/2 SOUTH CAROLINA

If Kelly doesn’t get someone on staff that can coach a half court offense she will not get it done here.... this is the same Holly offense with a couple of weaves at the top of the key and then a one-on-one heave at the basket hoping for a rebound and put back.

Reactions: Sportslady
They shouldn’t be freaking out in the month of February when they practice daily underneath 8 NC banners. They just aren’t prepared. Signing players with stars just doesn’t cut it.

Reactions: SandyO and TN1111
Well that was awful. Who could have guessed? Turnovers and stagnet stand around offense. Our favorite bugaboos.

SC is very good and efficient, but most of this had to do with us. Really disappointed we came out overwhelmed. That's on KJH. Let's get it corrected.

Reactions: 1reVOLver
One Quarter is done:

Turnovers:
UT: 6
USC: 0

Rebounds:
UT: 12
USC: 13
(a number of those for USC are "team" rebounds from balls going out of bounds from UT shots)

Fouls:
UT: 1
USC: 0
(surprising, with so much physicality under the basket)

Reactions: Volfaninfl2
BREAKING: ref actually called a 3 second violation in 2020. I thought they had forgotten about that rule.

They shouldn’t be freaking out in the month of February when they practice daily underneath 8 NC banners. They just aren’t prepared. Signing players with stars just doesn’t cut it.

I disagree. Coaching will only get you so far. As we’re seeing talent means a lot and they have more of it.

Reactions: Volfaninfl2
I disagree. Coaching will only get you so far. As we’re seeing talent means a lot and they have more of it.

Their talent is not that much greater. It’s what they are doing with that talent that has us outclassed. We are too casual and play much smaller and more careless—less prideful.

VN Store

Back