Game Thread: #22/22 LADY VOLS AT #1/2 SOUTH CAROLINA

Volfan2012

How many times Davis have to get fouled before they call at least one. Regardless same way we've been playing except were playing a better team. Minus 11 in shots because of ten turnovers and minus four offensive rebounds. We could still make a game of this have to shoot better not turn it over at all and I doubt that happens but we'll see if we can get something going.

Slow, tenative, not confident. Very disappointing, definitely a developmental setback. Let's see if any halftime adjustment can be made to at least play a little more efficiently so we only lose by 20.

I'm beginning to think it might be time for Horston to observe off the bench a bit more. She's very close to having the yips. She literally cannot even make an uncontested 3 foot pass cleanly.

Everybody's jumping on Horston,,,there are 5 players out there!

NoBackBoard

I was really upset at Rennia for the play when she didn’t box out Saxton and let her get the o board. Luckily she missed the putback but just standing after a shot is unacceptable. Coach Harper, get these girls to boxing out!

I4Vols

How did this SC team lose to Indiana? That one makes no sense.
checked box score... SC had 23 fouls to IU's 18... early in our game multiple shooting fouls not called...
2nd qtr refs called a slightly different game.
SC has a nice aggressive defensive mentality, but some refs call fouls, some are afraid to

VolBall09

The 2-3 zone was effective the first half of the 2Q then SC figured it out and went on a run. I’m struggling to find positives but proud of KK for battling and knocking down free throws.

Our offense has no movement or patience. We need much better passing. Honestly our players always seem unprepared when facing aggressive defenses. I wonder if we practice against aggressive defenders and if so how the passing and TOs look in practice.
They’re playing great defense and we don’t have the offensive confidence to let it break down. Have to be patient and let a great defense beat itself. We tried to force everything that half. Didn’t get ourselves a single easy bucket.

Volfan2012

Like I've said a few times before were a little to big at the guard positions. Massengill does a good job but both her and Horston are combo guards neither is a true point guard at least with the overall point guard game. We would do well to get a Grad Transfer point guard in here for next season because neither Salary or Darby are point guards.

VN Store

Sponsors