Game Thread: (21/21) Lady Vols vs. (2/3) South Carolina

Great game by the Lady Vols. From the South Carolina side, and this is no slight on the positives for Tennessee, but this Gamecock team is not nearly as good as last years. They truly miss Harris and Mikiah Herbert Harrigan. Henderson and Cooke just don't seem capable of carrying this team to victory in close games. Tennessee did a wonderful job closing them out once the grabbed the lead. They hit some really clutch shots while the South Carolina guards just flailed around, taking tough shots and trying to make tough passes. A lot of that had to do with Tennessee's defense, which was outstanding in this game. Dawn complained that they could get the ball to Boston in the high post, but not in the low post. That is why the box score for a player doesn't always show how they played. In spite of some weird calls by the refs, Key and a guard or forward dropping back, was able to make the entry pass to Boston impossible.

I'm so impressed with Tennessee in this game, but on the other hand, I was so unimpressed with South Carolina.

Damn, this NCAA tournament is going to be wide open. Hey, maybe RU can make a deep run??
Good post and honestly, So Carolina is truly not as good as in recent seasons. Which does not take one iota away from this victory for the LVs. Gotta take advantage of opportunities when they arise and that's what this team has been able to do.

Good luck to RU, they are welcome to knock off any biggie in the tourney unless of course they run into us!

Good post and honestly, So Carolina is truly not as good as in recent seasons. Which does not take one iota away from this victory for the LVs. Gotta take advantage of opportunities when they arise and that's what this team has been able to do.

Good luck to RU, they are welcome to knock off any biggie in the tourney unless of course they run into us!
I think they will surprise someone....just need to keep playing games!

Reactions: glv98
Congratulations to the Lady Vols. That's a feather in KH's cap on the recruiting trail.

I can't comment too much on the game. I was watching delayed on DVR and the recording screwed up at halftime. So I went from a comfortable lead to the Vols up 1 with 3 minutes left. That was pretty jarring.

That’s what I thought, mouth

Here do me a favor give me yours and we will see who has all the mouth!

LOL , what person puts their address on a forum? And you said that knowing you wouldn’t do the same 😂😂😂 but I know if you were in person you wouldn’t of had any words i stay ready so i don’t have to get ready...

And ANYTIME you are in VA i will def give you some time to look me up 👏🏽

and consider this yo a$$ being dealt with.

NOW SHUT UP AND ENJOY THE GAME!

Also Rennia don`t force shots that are not there, And i agree there should be a greater appreciation now for how much Rennia means to the team.

This is Rennia’s team and the fact she hasn’t bucked at Burrell growth is the biggest compliment i can give her. She is the true definition of a lady vol

Funny, before the game, I was going to give advice to Rae, Jordan, and Rennia, but apparently Kellie saw everything I saw and fixed it without me. Rae came out in the fourth to help her teammates get her the ball, Jordan finished jump shots and layups, and Rennia, well, if telling the team they’re playing soft with low energy, helps Rennia to start scoring, well then, maybe ................ Damn, I love those winning locker room photos!!! GO LADY VOLS!!!

So i posted this in another thread but HOW IN THE WORLD does that game last night NOT HELP the LVs in the Net ranking !!! they were #15 they stayed 15 S.C. was number 3 they stayed number 3... it was like the game
was a wash!

Michigan LOST and is still ahead of us. They lost to Indiana a team we beat on their home court... Rutgers is ahead of us too... Let’s not play anymore games and just move up the net ranking actually playing the teams we will play will not help because they are all below us.

Texas A&M is ranked low too🤔 (13)...

I know this is only part of the seeding but i just don’t understand it...

This is Rennia’s team and the fact she hasn’t bucked at Burrell growth is the biggest compliment i can give her. She is the true definition of a lady vol
Exactly. Doing it ain't been pretty either, but makes it all the more beautiful. It's a hard thing to do, both be the go-to who sometimes isn't gone-to and be the take-over-the-game-star whenever needed.

Said before, the Rennia Davis Story seems to be headed for a Cinderella ending. From the ashes of the disastrous previous regime to who knows where this might end.

Actually, doesn't have to end. What if she came back ya'll?

So i posted this in another thread but HOW IN THE WORLD does that game last night NOT HELP the LVs in the Net ranking !!! they were #15 they stayed 15 S.C. was number 3 they stayed number 3... it was like the game
was a wash!

Michigan LOST and is still ahead of us. They lost to Indiana a team we beat on their home court... Rutgers is ahead of us too... Let’s not play anymore games and just move up the net ranking actually playing the teams we will play will not help because they are all below us.

Texas A&M is ranked low too🤔 (13)...

I know this is only part of the seeding but i just don’t understand it...
I think we had slipped to 17 and back up to 15. I saw our sos is now 5 and rpi in the 30's even though they don't use that anymore..

NET Ranking 2021 Womens College Basketball | WarrenNolan.com

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
Also Rennia don`t force shots that are not there, And i agree there should be a greater appreciation now for how much Rennia means to the team.

Yes. Rennia has always done a great job of letting the game come to her. First half Beal was doing a really nice job on her. Rennia could have forced up a bunch of shots but it wouldn’t have done us any good. Second half Beal was a half step slower and Re was a half step faster, got lots of great looks.

Nice to see her shoot the 3 more confidently. Those two she hit were major.

Thank you for sharing the video! So damn wonderful to see. It's been SO long in the wilderness for LV players. I often think of the dozens of past LVs whose careers got wasted and they so rarely if ever got to experience this.

Also LOVE the pics of KK hoisting her coach who has stuck with her and believed in her when no one else in the known universe did. I can't get enough of the KK and KJH love. One of the announcers the other night said KJH had teared up in pregame interview when talking about how hard KK has worked.

THIS is the foundation of the new LV program. Not just the stars, but making the most of role players. And in a sentence I never would have anticipating typing this season, KK has been a magnificent role player and a real inspiration.
Very Well said!

Reactions: Benionsopinion
I think we had slipped to 17 and back up to 15. I saw our sos is now 5 and rpi in the 30's even though they don't use that anymore..

NET Ranking 2021 Womens College Basketball | WarrenNolan.com

yesterday morning and we were 17 and moved to 15 then after the game we stayed at 15 it’s updated daily...

if you look it says prv 15 which is what we moved up too and didn’t move up after the win

you would think they would jump to like top 12 over the team that’s suffered a loss

All the nega vols got so confident during the Holly years They think they can come start spitting their vitriol at halftime when we’re not playing well.

Not so fast! Coach Harper had something for them last night. I am so happy with this win, even more happy after the adversity of the last 3 weeks and even the first half.

They put those big girl pants on and got down to business. Dawn said it, we just took it to them in the second half. Wouldn’t be denied.

yesterday morning and we were 17 and moved to 15 then after the game we stayed at 15 it’s updated daily...

if you look it says prv 15 which is what we moved up too and didn’t move up after the win

you would think they would jump to like top 12 over the team that’s suffered a loss

Would have thought we’d leapfrog Michigan after they lost to Indiana. Could be that they are updated daily but a day behind?

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK

I can't argue because everyone ranked ahead of us has fewer losses except Oregon who has played a tough schedule don't think it is much tougher than ours yet they are way up there. I don't know if a Georgia win will move us much higher I know a loss could move us lower. All the teams ahead of us would have to lose to someone bad for us to move up from where we are.

Reactions: VolBall09

VN Store

Back