Game Thread: (21/21) Lady Vols vs. (2/3) South Carolina

Gosh I hate the way this season has played out recently. I think the team was really improving and playing regular games enhances that improvement and confidence. I am concerned that the off time disrupts those enhancements.

Got to find it girl!
62e9c4ec-738f-48d6-998c-4a6c253da2ab-kns-lady_vols_carson_newman_SY_1860.jpg

Jordan's breakthrough game on the Big Stage coming up tonight.

Expecting great things from you the rest of this season and the upcoming years. The fans are behind you!

Jordan's breakthrough game on the Big Stage coming up tonight.

Expecting great things from you the rest of this season and the upcoming years. The fans are behind you!

Speaking of Jordan i thought VolNation might find this interesting...

Lady Vol sophomore Jordan Horston, who has been battling back and foot issues and remains day-to-day, has had 14 assists and just three turnovers in her last three games and leads the team with 24 steals. Graduate transfer Jordan Walker is second on the team with 18 steals and will be needed Thursday to help defend the backcourt of South Carolina, along with freshman Destiny Salary, who tends to bring high energy to the court.

People have been getting after Jordan or another way to look at it is people have been wanting her to live up to her potential. We all knew about the back but i haven’t seen anyone mention foot issues on here both could be inhibiting to wanting true lift or being bothered on the landing...

I think it’s important people see maybe if we had more options she would be sitting out healing but she is playing for the team... AND with these ailments she has averaged 4.7 assists to 1 TURNOVER during the last three games. While we need her shot to fall maybe the other ladies can step it up with the scoring til her shot starts falling.

We see and hear a lot about the bad but I wanted to highlight some of the good. I’ve seen posters like to post her shooting stats but leave out what else she does ...

Lady Vol sophomore Jordan Horston, who has been battling back and foot issues and remains day-to-day, has had 14 assists and just three turnovers in her last three games and leads the team with 24 steals. Graduate transfer Jordan Walker is second on the team with 18 steals and will be needed Thursday to help defend the backcourt of South Carolina, along with freshman Destiny Salary, who tends to bring high energy to the court.

People have been getting after Jordan or another way to look at it is people have been wanting her to live up to her potential. We all knew about the back but i haven’t seen anyone mention foot issues on here both could be inhibiting to wanting true lift or being bothered on the landing...

I think it’s important people see maybe if we had more options she would be sitting out healing but she is playing for the team... AND with these ailments she has averaged 4.7 assists to 1 TURNOVER during the last three games. While we need her shot to fall maybe the other ladies can step it up with the scoring til her shot starts falling.

We see and hear a lot about the bad but I wanted to highlight some of the good. I’ve seen posters like to post her shooting stats but leave out what else she does ...

I think she needs to heal up fully for the post-season now...This would be my call.
I've dealt with a pulled back-muscle (if that is what she has) and if you keep subjecting it to potential re-strains, it only gets worse...My call is for her to sit out for a while

If it IS that,,,Rest, deep tissue massage-chiropractic manipulation and "TENS" unit stimulation is what will work best

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
I think she needs to heal up fully for the post-season now...This would be my call.
I've dealt with a pulled back-muscle (if that is what she has) and if you keep subjecting it to potential re-strains, it only gets worse...My call is for her to sit out for a while

Truth and that’s to mention the foot issue...

She’s been dealing with plantar fasciitis since Thanksgiving. Mine was so bad I had to walk on the side of my foot. Worse pain I have ever had

The bench will make the difference in this game, I’m confident our starters can go toe to toe, but......our bench?!?!

I’m also interested to see how Walker and Horston perform tomorrow.
salary is as good as walker. tess needs more minutes on the wing or 2 guard. see needs to get better down low but walker should not drive to the basketball she rarly socre close to the hoop walker needs to shoot in flow of the offence. if she does that she can help tenn win

She’s been dealing with plantar fasciitis since Thanksgiving. Mine was so bad I had to walk on the side of my foot. Worse pain I have ever had

Dang that will slow you down A LOT I started to get it or i thought and that was enough i was rolling my foot on a lacrosse ball to provide some relief. my mom had it and she barely could walk at all she was rolling her foot on frozen golf balls which she said made her feel better... lol whatever works i guess

How did yours get better or did it. My mom said one day she just took a step and felt like something popped she didn’t know if it was scar tissue breaking up or whatever but after that it didn’t hurt

If Horston can make a jump next year like Rae has this year, she will be DYNOMITE as JJ used to say. She is a good solid player with flashes of fantastic. I think she wants to do so good that when things don't go the way she wants, she gets down on herself. I think she just needs to snap and clear.

6 of her last 33 from the floor. I'd say she has to improve on that for UT to win.

I'd guess the winner scores in the 60s if the outcome is in doubt.

Reactions: Rixxx
"Staley had a special guest.
Her college coach at Virginia, Debbie Ryan, spoke to the Gamecocks at the pregame shootaround. Ryan and Staley each had a lot of heartache about being in Tennessee, where they could gaze at the “1991 National Champions” banner and think what might have been.
Tennessee beat Virginia, 70-67, in overtime for the title that season. Staley was named Most Outstanding Player of the Final Four but the Lady Vols hung the banner."

Gamecocks' turning point: Game at Tennessee that changed everything for Staley's program

Breaking news: Coach Dawn Staley has retained her personal attorney in case any funny business goes on at game vs. UT in Knoxville Thursday, Feb. 19.

(File photo of attorney below)

71RSy4EN8xL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

SIZE]

Last edited:
Dang that will slow you down A LOT I started to get it or i thought and that was enough i was rolling my foot on a lacrosse ball to provide some relief. my mom had it and she barely could walk at all she was rolling her foot on frozen golf balls which she said made her feel better... lol whatever works i guess

How did yours get better or did it. My mom said one day she just took a step and felt like something popped she didn’t know if it was scar tissue breaking up or whatever but after that it didn’t hurt
I did the stretches and rolling the bottom of my foot with a frozen bottle of water. It helped some, but I wound up going to a podiatrist and got custom orthotics and a steroid injection in the bottom of my foot. I didn’t know what it was at first. Thought my foot was broken. I couldn’t put any pressure on it. I can’t imagine trying to run on it

Reactions: VA_VOLFAN

VN Store

Back