Game Thread: (21/21) Lady Vols vs. (2/3) South Carolina

Got to find it girl!
62e9c4ec-738f-48d6-998c-4a6c253da2ab-kns-lady_vols_carson_newman_SY_1860.jpg

Whether the LV's will beat what appears to be an average chicken team will depend on which team shows up, the one that is focused or the one that does not follow the game plan. I am not enamored with the chicken players like some. They have won because they get preferential treatment otherwise they would have five or six losses by now. They may well win tomorrow night but if they play like they have played all year, and the officiating is fair, we will win handily. I'm hoping the coaches call on officiating will embarrass the SEC office into taking action to stop the corruption.

COACH RICKSTER'S PREDICTION: LV's 72, BANTY LEGGED CHICKENS 53

Go Lady Vols

Last edited:
Whether the LV's will beat what appears to be an average chicken team will depend on which team shows up, the one that is focused or the one that does not follow the game plan. I am not enamored with the chicken players like some. They have won because they get preferential treatment otherwise they would have five or six losses by now. They may well win tomorrow night but if they play like they have played all year, and the officiating is fair, we will win handily. I'm hoping the coaches call on officiating will embarrass the SEC office into taking action to stop the corruption.

COACH RICKSTER'S PREDICTION: LV's 72, BANTY LEGGED CHICKENS 53

Go Lady Vols

That is a bold prediction! May you be the Nostradamus of the basketball world. We have seen this season that the LVs can give anyone a game if they just don't make unforced TOs. They definitely need this win and I sure hope they can get.

Last edited:
Because it's a home game, I like our chances much better than if we were playing in SC.
We must get contributions from ALL of the starting 5 and no one in foul trouble. If we can do that, it will be a close game throughout.
And it's time we pulled one out at the end.

Horston vs Henderson....I'm okay with that. Horston can't throw it in the ocean standing knee-deep in the surf right now - but she rarely gets beat off the dribble and is one of our ablest defenders.

Walker vs Henderson otoh.....I think Nixon just blew by Walker again...ugggh

I will be extremely happy to see the LVs defeat SC. However, I am realistic, SC, like TA&M, is a more fundamentally sound team than the Lady Vols. Unfortunately, I predict a 10 point loss for UT.

I could see this one going a lot like the UConn game. Team will play hard, great chance for Kellie to get her first real signature win... but Horston does Horston things and Lady Vols lose...

I could see this one going a lot like the UConn game. Team will play hard, great chance for Kellie to get her first real signature win... but Horston does Horston things and Lady Vols lose...
You are so tiresome. First you tried to turn folks against Kellie. That didn’t succeed so you’ve decided to set up false narratives about JH. Except for other trolls and a few seagull fans that effort won’t work either. She has tremendous support here and many of us see that she does a lot of good things for the team, is continuing to develop and has unlimited potential. Why don’t you find someone else to try and undercut.

Horston vs Henderson....I'm okay with that. Horston can't throw it in the ocean standing knee-deep in the surf right now - but she rarely gets beat off the dribble and is one of our ablest defenders.

Walker vs Henderson otoh.....I think Nixon just blew by Walker again...ugggh
We do have the Fly Swatter protecting the rim. Cooke couldn’t get a shot off at the rim last year. Tamari sent them all into the third row😂

Another team with two good three point shooters (over 40%), but South Carolina actually has more turnovers than assists and would have an even more horrid A/T stat were it not for Henderson who has a phenomenal 2:1 assist to turnover ratio (with 100+ assists to her credit). She's their ball handler of course so it makes sense, just ... fascinating. Take her away and South Carolina's ratio is 161 to 221. She's only had two bad outings handling the ball, one being Kentucky and other UConn. Connecticut forced eight turnovers out of her. Interesting matchup. Interesting opportunities out there depending on who is guarding who.

Another team with two good three point shooters (over 40%), but South Carolina actually has more turnovers than assists and would have an even more horrid A/T stat were it not for Henderson who has a phenomenal 2:1 assist to turnover ratio (with 100+ assists to her credit). She's their ball handler of course so it makes sense, just ... fascinating. Take her away and South Carolina's ratio is 161 to 221. She's only had two bad outings handling the ball, one being Kentucky and other UConn. Connecticut forced eight turnovers out of her. Interesting matchup. Interesting opportunities out there depending on who is guarding who.
This is one reason why I like coming here to the lady vols forum.. for posts like this. Good quality, informative post. Some of you really know your basketball, & I enjoy reading it.

All-time Southeastern Conference program consecutive wins versus conference opponents (all games including conference tournament and postseason tournament games):

1) Tennessee: 36 games (2010-2012)

2) Tennessee: 31 games (1997-1999)

2) South Carolina: 31 games (2020-2021)*

3) South Carolina: 30 games (2015-17)

4) Tennessee: 29 games (1993-1995)

5) Tennessee: 28 games (2000-2001)

All-time Southeastern Conference program regular season consecutive wins versus conference opponents:

1) Tennessee: 42 games (1992-1996)

2) Tennessee: 42 games (2002-2005)

3) Tennessee: 31 games (2000-2002)

4) Tennessee: 28 games (1997-1999)

5) South Carolina: 28 games (2019- 2021)*

6) Mississippi State: 26 games (2017-2019)

VN Store

Back