Game Thread: (21/21) Lady Vols at (22/23) Georgia

Good things those "fans" are here instead of The Boneyard. There the mods hand out suspensions for speculating about their players transferring out (although not the reverse...one poster yesterday was trying to entice Van Lith to come north to play for the Evil Empire).
This is why our forum is the absolute best. And I hope we'll remember this when we're telling each other what not to post, telling posters who follow other teams to go away, etc. We're lucky, we have alternatives. We have the sunshine pumper forum where you can pay to be heavily moderated for homers, but we also have this free wheeling, free speech one. I personally don't think I'd waste time on a selectively censored one like the BY or Maria's.

lets hope Rae can convince him to stay another year lol

Love Keon but honestly think he could benefit from some seasoning (athletically, not necessarily from a business decision standpoint). Even the now-legendary throwdown a few games back that ESPN has looped...I mean, it was entertaining, but it wasn't like Chocolate Thunder shattering the backboard while players from both teams scampered for cover shielding their heads from shards of fiberglass. Talk about making it rain!

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
Not that I’m sticking up for the devil, but what does “coaches like Geno” mean in regards to transfers?
From the Orange Glasses edition of the book of terms, "coaches like Geno" means any coach not currently employed by the U of T, especially those who routinely beat the U or T and uniquely for Geno, those who dare threaten the records of sainted former coaches of the U of T. Also see any coach who ever sat on the same bench as Brenda Freise.

Love Keon but honestly think he could benefit from some seasoning (athletically, not necessarily from a business decision standpoint). Even the now-legendary throwdown a few games back that ESPN has looped...I mean, it was entertaining, but it wasn't like Chocolate Thunder shattering the backboard while players from both teams scampered for cover shielding their heads from shards of fiberglass. Talk about making it rain!
I don't think Keon is ready physically for the NBA. He's a little scrawny, def needs another year in the strength and conditioning room. Great as the DUNK was, current body Keon will most definitely not be throwing down that dunk in the league. Will eat copious leather instead.

I never understood why Vol fans dont like Brenda Freese?? what I miss??
LOL, hard as it is, and numerous as they are, try to keep up with historical LV grievances. I can't remember it all but I believe she pretty aggressively meddled with one of our players, possibly even Candace?, to try to get her to Maryland. Ole Brenda's pretty well known to be loosey goosey with recruiting rules; I believe she's currently under slap on the wrist NCAA sanctions.

Jeff Walz sat on her bench as an assistant for a minute, so he's persona non grata also.

Last edited:
So funny that Westbrook's reaction, a few extra mumbled acknowledgements to leading questions, in exactly the same unfortunate situation made her such a villain. Re and Jaz just didn't say out loud "staff too". Though any intelligent human being was thinking exactly that.

Of course we all know the Evina hate is way more about her transferring to UConn of all places, and about her Mom's very unwise and immature decision to engage fans on social media.

All this will be in Rennia's book. Pre order on Amazon.
If I remember correctly, Rennia was smiling during the interview. Maybe Jaz was too, but I was like...damn! Stone cold...

georgia #14 big c with pongtail got call for a foul she had all ball. 247 said davis got foul. tenn lost sc hangover. refs were fair miss calls both ways. if unconn or one or two more osses call liked this game tenn would have 2 t 3 more wins.

Now Pember has that mission he's been seeking.

On second thought, after seeing Tolu Smith, I believe it might be more prudent to send Plavsic or Anosike to try to win Miss Jackson's ❤.

Unless a player enters the portal, I've always been reluctant to even speculate about other players leaving tbeir teams to come here, especially when coached by a former LV great. But, man...the thought of having the firepower of Rickea for two years is tantalizing.

Jackson may be looking for a new home the way she has regressed this season from her freshman year is amazing. Only 41 percent from the field and 59 from the free throw line. 236 shot attempts only 237 points. 1 point per shot attempt is trending toward very poor offensive play.

We all know about wishes and ifs, but we are five points in two GA games and a Davis quarantine against KY away from being tied for first in SEC with chance to win the tie-breaker if SC beats A&M. That's how close we came this year to winning the regular season championship (assuming we win out on remaining schedule).

That's mind-boggling after seeing our woes today.
turnment chapship anybodys to win

Reactions: creekdipper
Jackson may be looking for a new home the way she has regressed this season from her freshman year is amazing. Only 41 percent from the field and 59 from the free throw line. 236 shot attempts only 237 points. 1 point per shot attempt is trending toward very poor offensive play.
Losing Vic to Texas was catastrophic for State. I don’t think Nikki lasts long there. State fans are going to set a very high bar for her given what she inherited.

Not that I’m sticking up for the devil, but what does “coaches like Geno” mean in regards to transfers?

No coaches ever will be allowed to any other teams campus to recruit players.
Successful Coaches who year in year out play in Final Fours and send every player to the WNBA. That’s what I meant.

VN Store

Back