Game Thread: (21/21) Lady Vols at (22/23) Georgia

UGHHHHH WHYYYY WHYYY WHYYY

they better HOPE and PRAY UK takes care of GA and they win out which would still put them in third

But get some rest and find some fire in them bones!
Unless MSST makes their way back into the schedule, there are no remaining games that Tennessee could possibly lose. GA and UK both have more difficult finishes to their season.

I'd be shocked if Tennessee doesn't finish 3rd.

I’m not going to pile on but something I’ve noticed in our games that hasn’t been mentioned is fitness. We just look slow all the time. It is the end of the season and players start hitting a wall but I noticed it earlier as well. We just look slow.

Reactions: orangealways
The team has had success this season one game does not make a difference. The goal is to make a top four seed that goal is still obtainable win the last two. Georgia and Kentucky have to play someone is going to lose. If we win the last two puts us right back in four spot maybe even three.

why do you think they didn't
bc it wasn't demanded out of them
I know u have said u are tough on coaches so I understand but at no point in the 1st half did I see any desire or fire in any of our players bench or not. Coaches can yell and scream and bitch and fuss and motivate but when players look like zombies how is it going to help. Nobody performed well today including the coaches.

Reactions: mlindsay
Unfortunately our bigs allowed Ga to take them out of the game from the tip...it set the tone, gave Ga confidence, allowed refs to their early one-sided foul calling...LV's were frustrated and off-kilter early...Ga wanted to give it to us, but we were not receptive to it...It sucks, but time to move on and recoup...LVFL 🏀🧡

Reactions: travis929
Umm.... it’s not the end of the game so.....
Not the time to attack "real fans" bunghole
Attack? I watch every UT men's and women's basketball game. UT graduate and love all things Vols. It's not attacking by me saying this game was atrocious to sit and watch. It's the truth. I can't get any of my friends who are straight to watch a women's basketball game. This is the main reason why. And usually hear It's because there are way too many missed layups, numerous turnovers, and ugly overall basketball. And those are the nice comments.

Attack? I watch every UT men's and women's basketball game. UT graduate and love all things Vols. It's not attacking by me saying this game was atrocious to sit and watch. It's the truth. I can't get any of my friends who are straight to watch a women's basketball game. This is the main reason why. And usually hear It's because there are way too many missed layups, numerous turnovers, and ugly overall basketball. And those are the nice comments.
Why you here then? Most of the rest of us like to watch the games.

So, talking is the equivalent of fighting.

Yeah, that is evenhanded.
That has been a rule for quite awhile. The refs don't have to know what was said, only to see a player get in another player's face while talking. This is not the NBA.

For all the coach bashing including You Coach Jumper. To me the mark of good coaching is when your team was mentally and physically bad and yes players have to take responsibility for their play but to finish my point really good coaching finds a way to help your team stay in the Game with a chance to Steal One. Bad coaching its a blowout. In CHRIST Alone.

Exactly. As much as certain people bash Kellie, she got them back in the game. She can't control everything.

Wrong! Late in the 4th took four shots on one possession...all air balls. Players come to the sideline like it was a water break in practice. It seemed that most didn't want to be there today. Time to kick them out of their dressing room and take away the gear. They were in a position to win, but didn't care enough to finish.
Coach Kellie called no timeouts when Georgia went on that big run in the first half. She has to hold some accountability. I love our Lady Vols and I love coach K, but we can’t be all hyped up from a win over SC and not come with the same urgency and energy level into other SEC games. Teams like Georgia is who we’ll have to beat if we want to win the SEC tourney, or make a run in March.

Reactions: FrozenLVFan
We stink! If we are favored to win an NCAA tournament game, we will lose. Bad coaching, horrible recruiting, too much talent to play this bad. At least Holly could recruit.
Hopefully now that Fulmer is gone there will be more pressure on Kellie going forward. I’d rather give Danny White the chance to make his own hire if the team doesn’t markedly improve next year.

why do you think they didn't
bc it wasn't demanded out of them
Again if she benches the ones you are asking her to demand it out of and plays the ones that many of you think aren't P5 players, and we get beat even worst then what?

She tried Emily, she tried Destiny, She tried Marta, the only 2 she didn't try was Rennie and Tess. Would they have given us more than the ones you are saying she need to demand more out of provided.

There comes a time when players have to play. Georgia won because Georgia was relentless and they have played relentless in both games. The only thing I think Kellie could do better is complain to the refs like many of her counterparts are doing because it seems to be working. Joni got pretty much every call she complained about, especially the block TK had. If Kellie goes off about that foul, maybe Rennia gets the call on the 3pt attempt at the end of the game.

Game of basketball is about offense and defense. There are going to be missed layups, free throws, turnovers. It is usually caused by defense and decisions players make. They are all human they are not always going to play perfect. Refs have their say in games as well Key did not foul.

VN Store

Back