Game Thread: (21/21) Lady Vols at (22/23) Georgia

georgia #14 big c with pongtail got call for a foul she had all ball. 247 said davis got foul. tenn lost sc hangover. refs were fair miss calls both ways. if unconn or one or two more osses call liked this game tenn would have 2 t 3 more wins.
Wuut?

Reactions: Mr. Doo Wop
Atlanta Dream head coach was in the building for our game (has the 3rd pick in the draft) probably was scouting Rennia Davis and maybe Rae Burrell for next year as well

Reactions: travis929
Holly would lose to far inferior teams on a routine basis, and she had no wins against teams ranked ahead of them in her last two seasons. Kellie has already surpassed that. Her "bad" losses in two years were against LSU last season, WVU and UGA 2x...where 3 of those are against teams that are ranked in the same ballpark. So Kellie HAS been consistent. It's not like the annual losses to Chattanooga and Alabama that were the hallmarks of a Holly Warlick season.

Fair, but if Kellie loses to Missouri Thursday... :oops:

Then I probably step off the Kellie bandwagon and say you were right?

I don't think it will happen, though. Tennessee will swallow Mizzou up in the paint.

I'm not fully on or off the Kellie bandwagon yet, but there's no question it would be a pretty bad, Holly-esque, loss. I think Tennessee should win, but I thought they would win yesterday...

Reactions: mcannon1
I'm not fully on or off the Kellie bandwagon yet, but there's no question it would be a pretty bad, Holly-esque, loss. I think Tennessee should win, but I thought they would win yesterday...
I thought they'd win yesterday too, but said I wouldn't be surprised if they lost. Brutal travel schedule, big win over SC, then back on the road. It was IMO more of a "disappointing" loss than a "bad" loss.

Darth said watching the team completely lay an egg against a lesser opponent after looking like a Final Four team the previous game was reminiscent of the Holly days. Although I can't even recall any of Holly's teams shooting 13% for a half...
I can't recall any of Hollys teams ever looking like a Final Four team. They laid eggs after looking mediocre the previous game. Thats the big difference to me. That and starting to see some actual player development.

Then I probably step off the Kellie bandwagon and say you were right?

I don't think it will happen, though. Tennessee will swallow Mizzou up in the paint.

We may just go down to Mizzou they hit a record 18 three-pointers against FL and we don `t defend the 3 well at all. Also this is a game you will see Marta and Tess play in.

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
I can't recall any of Hollys teams ever looking like a Final Four team. They laid eggs after looking mediocre the previous game. Thats the big difference to me. That and starting to see some actual player development.
She did have that one season where they beat ND, SC and MSST when all three made the FF and SC won it all. That team looked like world beaters in those games, usually followed by a Alabama loss or something, then I think flamed out in the 2nd round of the NCAAT.

They only had 3 assists all game. Let Georgia completely take the Lady Vols out of their offense and forced them to play panicked 1 on 1 offense under duress of the shot clock. Tennessee couldn’t throw it in the ocean tonight either.
It's like night and day the way they played from this game to the South Carolina game?? That win should have been something to build upon, but.....????

Well I don’t trust other coaches who knows the way things are working in the NCAA it won’t be long before they allow Coaches like Geno to come to our campus and recruit our players. The Portal giveth and the Portal taketh
Geno who???

Darth said watching the team completely lay an egg against a lesser opponent after looking like a Final Four team the previous game was reminiscent of the Holly days. Although I can't even recall any of Holly's teams shooting 13% for a half...
Why are you so pessimistic and angry? Let me recommend Jesus to you. Your outlook on life will be so much different and you’ll be so much happier. Giving my life to the Lord was the best decision I’ve ever made. Try Him!

And let’s hope that the Portal does not hurt us. Now that Rae is showing what she can really do I would not blame her if she left to go somewhere and have a true shot at winning a NC.
Everyone has their own opinion about which team has the “best shot” at winning a National Championship. Would you say UConn and South Carolina have a “true shot” of winning this year’s National Championship? Well, Tennessee played UConn a close game, and just beat South Carolina, both ranked in top 5 in the country. Tennessee is already in the conversation of possible teams with a “true shot” at winning a National Championship, and it’s the team Rae has helped to get in this place. GO LADY VOLS!!!

Last edited:
I’ll never understand the Jaz transfer. It didn’t make sense basketball wise. All I can think is she needed to get out of the state of Tennessee or she REALLY wanted to play with her friends. Her minutes have gone down and she doesn’t look like she’s progressed at all, in fact her leap from year one to year two was much more significant than year two to three.

It was a lose-lose situation and you wonder if she would have done it if she would have known Mitchell was leaving. Looking at what we have at point guard now, Tennessee could have been an elite team this season if Jazmine would have stayed IMO.

That said, after a slow start to the season for whatever reason, she is currently in the starting lineup and playing very well for Kentucky... as we saw in our last matchup...

Reactions: glv98
Everyone has their own thoughts and conspiracy theories but I'm inclined to believe we just had a bad day against a good team at their place. Even superstars have off nights. Rae has played great all year. Tamari and KK are coming along. Rennia can play when she has a chance. I think Rennia is way more about her teammates than herself and that's why she is comfortable looking for them at crunch time rather than taking a shot herself. When the team feeds off the play of others, and those others don't play well, you get an afternoon like they had.

There has been a very significant improvement in player development under the new staff that even Darth will admit to. A few (and I mean really few) good bounces and accurate calls and everyone would be shouting about how great the team is and how Kellie is taking over the game. However, those bounces and calls went the other way and we have 6 losses. Ironically, we would have loved to be in that position for the past 5 years but this year, we are competing and providing some excitement and that has raised the bar for many. Excitement breeds disappointment when we lose and there are those that say expressing disappointment is better than apathy. If it were that simple....

Of course he can. What the hell has happened to you? Get stupid overnight? Fix a floater.......sheesh

Ouch, someone is cranky. Know what you need....?

233726321970ed1308d1bb55cfa92bcb.jpg

Reactions: glv98 and 1reVOLver

VN Store

Back