Game Thread: 2023 Women's NCAA Tournament...Round of 16: Lady Vols v Va. Tech...Sat @ 6:30 ESPN2

Toledo has one player over six feet - but their four guard lineup does not turn the ball over. Top 20 in both turnovers per game average and assist-to-turnover ratio, and #23 in FG%. They take care of their possessions and make the most of them. 29 wins isn't an accident. If they maximize their efficiency against Tennessee's size, and harass enough of Tennessee's shots, they could make some noise.

On the other hand, they have only one player over six feet. If Tennessee can avoid turning the ball over excessively, and if UT's guards can handle their business against Toledo's guard rotation, that size should be a huge asset, pun intended. I'd take ours'uns over theirs'uns. Not that this is a surprise, I'm sure.

Have we ever seen Big O play a game like this. I know he has played some good games but he dominated in this one.

I think ON scored 27 against Texas. On said he was “antsy” during halftime since he didn’t play much in the first half. He said he had fresh legs. Plus, I think he had a chip on his shoulders.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Just little I saw of Toledo game Iowa St is slowwww. It will take us being really careless for them to have a shot but it is March Madness. In CHRIST Alone

Last edited:
Who in the heck is wicked and have you been at practice recently to check out effort?
My God, we are winning by 40 and posters just want to dump on the reserves!

It’s a figure of speech. What I mean is, they need to get after it. And they did in the 4th quarter. Wasn’t impressed with the defense of the reserves in the third. I’m sure Kellie wasn’t either. It’s important to improve. Not just come in and play junk ball and ole defense because we have a big lead.

Super proud of the team and very happy with how they played.

That drive and shot the Edie Darby hit is something everyone of our guards should be attempting every game. We also saw the talent of Pissott.
Edie Darby has better moves than a lot of our scholarship players, plus she's a better shot. Too bad she's not on scholarship so she could get more minutes Hopefully she will get a scholarship for next season. And don't give me the excuse that she's too small. She has the moves and speed to create shots even better than her sister.

It’s a figure of speech. What I mean is, they need to get after it. And they did in the 4th quarter. Wasn’t impressed with the defense of the reserves in the third. I’m sure Kellie wasn’t either. It’s important to improve. Not just come in and play junk ball and ole defense because we have a big lead.

Super proud of the team and very happy with how they played.
Thanks for the further explanation!

Yes its 6. Damn!!! Rearranged 4 peoples flight schedules to get back to knox for a 7 pm game! No way I can make 6.

Another interesting article by Cora, this one about Walker. Her sister was at the game and talked about how strong and persistent Walker is. She also said that she and other families of players were noting how happy the players on our team seem to be. Funny how just a few weeks ago that many people were painting a picture of a team in dissention in which everyone was ready to leave ASAP. In any case, I will post the article here given it is not a "subscriber only" one. If someone could let me know if this type of article is accessible to everyone here, I would appreciate it.
Jordan Walker played crucial part in Lady Vols' first March Madness win

VN Store

Back