Game Thread: 2023 Women's NCAA Tournament...Round of 16: Lady Vols v Va. Tech...Sat @ 6:30 ESPN2

you mean like your use of a word you have never used before?
giphy.gif

Had you been a little less spiteful, I would have edited it without this jab
On further review my comment was probably too cutting. You have my apologies for my choice of words. To restate my point. Everyone on here knows you have coached for a long time and have a lot of basketball knowledge. Sometimes a lot of knowledge served up with a little self deprecation is more palatable. I think self deprecation might be new for me here too😆😆😆!!

Projections via Her Hoop Stats:
  • 1st round (at home) vs. Saint Louis: 85-61 win
  • 2nd round (at home) vs. Iowa St.: 74-71 win
  • Sweet 16 vs. Virginia Tech: 68.1-67.7 win (so tight!)
  • Elite 8 vs. UConn: 68-72 loss
Projections via Massey (doesn't account for homecourt advantage):
  • 1st round vs. Saint Louis: 79-63 win
  • 2nd round vs. Iowa St.: 72-71 win
  • Sweet 16 vs. Virginia Tech: 68-70 loss

Reactions: Volfaninfl2
they’re playing a little better as of late. they beat UMASS who is an above average team. we should win tho.

No game should be taken for granted… but if they beat TN it would be one of the biggest upsets (on paper) in NCAA women’s tournament history.

Wow, I hope you guys are right. But Iowa St is really, really good. Very glad it's on our court. Hope it's Saturday Monday! I'm unavoidably out of town next weekend.

Reactions: travis929
The only thing that makes this a good bracket is no South Carolina. Otherwise, it's a tough bracket. If we win our first two games--and Iowa State just had a nice run in the Big 12 tourney and will be a tough opponent--we'd have to play 1 seed Va. Tech and, then were we to upset the Hokies, 2 seed Connecticut. There's nothing easy about that.

The only thing that makes this a good bracket is no South Carolina. Otherwise, it's a tough bracket. If we win our first two games--and Iowa State just had a nice run in the Big 12 tourney and will be a tough opponent--we'd have to play 1 seed Va. Tech and, then were we to upset the Hokies, 2 seed Connecticut. There's nothing easy about that.

Not gonna be easy but it's doable ... we have a chance and that's all you can ask for :)

VN Store

Back