Game Thread: #20/25 LADY VOLS VS. AIR FORCE

She can fly and maneuver like an F15
Most natural athlete on the team. When she doesn't force the issue she is the best offensive player on the team. She actually shoots three feet bunnies and layups instead of just flinging it toward the basket. Quick as a cat. All my opinion of course. Don't try a rebuttal because I'm not changing my mind.

Am surprised that the Air Force even has a ladies basketball program as bad as they are! Not even won 9 games in any of the last 5 seasons. Would a university/college ever drop a program?

I'm sure you have watched plenty of basketball where the team that is ahead by 10 or more points has the ball with the game shot under 30 seconds and teams dribble out the clock 99% of the time. I get it where the opposing coach gets a little snippy when the winning team keeps shooting.

Well I'm one to play to the buzzer and certainly gonna take a shot with 29 seconds left. I wouldn't be upset if the other team did it with 29 seconds left just to close to the shot clock time allowed. It was certainly in between whether you shoot or not no one takes a shot clock violation and it was very close to the time when the rebound was made and the team attacked. She actually took the shot with something like 12 seconds left. They had time to go down and try to get up a shot which was blocked.

Kasi playing well.
My thoughts on Kasi is that see tends to play as small as she can, especially when she receives the ball, by pass or rebound. She is very bad about bring the ball down to her waist level making anyone on the other team as tall as she is! It is a habit that needs to be broken, sooner than later!

Am surprised that the Air Force even has a ladies basketball program as bad as they are! Not even won 9 games in any of the last 5 seasons. Would a university/college ever drop a program?
Lord no. As long as we will pay them to come give us an easy win!

Well I'm one to play to the buzzer and certainly gonna take a shot with 29 seconds left. I wouldn't be upset if the other team did it with 29 seconds left just to close to the shot clock time allowed. It was certainly in between whether you shoot or not no one takes a shot clock violation and it was very close to the time when the rebound was made and the team attacked. She actually took the shot with something like 12 seconds left. They had time to go down and try to get up a shot which was blocked.
It was 30.4, so no problem.

You would be one in 100 if you would have your player take a shot when they could just run out the clock.

Is it just me? IF I was coach of a Tenn team.....I'd be wearing the color Orange at all times.
I think Kellie has some little orange ear-rings on......but why not wear an Orange blazer in the game?

She said in an earlier press conference that it is ridiculously hard to find a dress in tennessee orange. She has her own style. Also this probably not her top concern right now. IMHO.

Probably not too hard to find one in a Tenn bookstore on Campus. :):)
Years ago, I found a beautiful Tenn Vols jacket in a local bookstore for $250.00.......but didn't buy it.

Even as a man I know two things...Coach K will be judged rigorously on her first "UT designated" outfit,,,and,,,It is tough for a light complected, blonde to find a shade of orange that won't wash her out. I am a man's man and I know that!

I'm sure you have watched plenty of basketball where the team that is ahead by 10 or more points has the ball with the game shot under 30 seconds and teams dribble out the clock 99% of the time. I get it where the opposing coach gets a little snippy when the winning team keeps shooting.

That being said, the clock said 30.4 when Tennessee got the ball. So all is fair. Much ado about nothing.

The difference between 79 and 81 is ten, not two
you score in the 80's or the 70's when it come to public perception

Maybe to you, maybe to most, but to the next day at the water-cooler 81 sounds like so much more than 79
the conversation would be "Over 80,,or,,,just 79"

Or maybe I am just that much more competitive than the next guy...
and if that is what drives Rennia....I'd be the one helping her get her drivers license

Wow more missed layups. Unbelievable!
Missed layups were the result of poor concentration, however, the ladies seem to get it later on. There was the occasional letdown, however, that can happen when you play lesser competition. They will have to get past that issue or we will lose to some teams we should have beaten. I did not worry that much because KJH played several combinations that she will not play against better competition.

Reactions: Creekdog
Missed layups were the result of poor concentration, however, the ladies seem to get it later on. There was the occasional letdown, however, that can happen when you play lesser competition. They will have to get past that issue or we will lose to some teams we should have beaten. I did not worry that much because KJH played several combinations that she will not play against better competition.

We miss them in spans:
the breakdown:
Q1- 6 missed layups
Q2- 1 missed layup
Q3- 4 missed layups
Q4- 2 missed layups

Missed layups were the result of poor concentration,

And missed free throws, and a lot of the careless turnovers. It's time Kellie distinguished herself from her predecessor and started coaching these bad habits out of the team...

Maybe to you, maybe to most, but to the next day at the water-cooler 81 sounds like so much more than 79
the conversation would be "Over 80,,or,,,just 79"

Or maybe I am just that much more competitive than the next guy...
and if that is what drives Rennia....I'd be the one helping her get her drivers license

I don't believe I've ever looked at a score and was more impressed with 81 than 79, especially in a 25+ point win. It has nothing to do with being competitive.

Reactions: sccshortstop
For the casual WBB fan out there looking at the score of our game vs Air Force 80 something to 50 something looks better than 70 something to 50 something to the general fan it’s a 30 point win not a 20 point win.

Reactions: Coach Jumper
Most natural athlete on the team. When she doesn't force the issue she is the best offensive player on the team. She actually shoots three feet bunnies and layups instead of just flinging it toward the basket. Quick as a cat. All my opinion of course. Don't try a rebuttal because I'm not changing my mind.
Notwithstanding, what about Davis?

Great win today! Today I’m thankful to not be so stressed out in a nail-bitter against teams like this we’ve struggled with over the past few years. I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving!

Couple of things. Kasi K! What an amazing past couple of games she has had, so consistent and so dependable down low. Jasmine! What an awesome point guard she is turning to be. She has been more aggressive offensively the last few games, and that can only make her more dangerous as we play more teams. Rae Burrell played the best offensive game, she really shined and showed how great she can be when playing within herself.

Free throws weren’t as great, but we can fix that! Turnover, turnovers, have got to come down to 12 below a game. Many turnovers are forced, and against the wrong team, this could really hurt us. Allowing 20 offensive rebounds and getting out rebounded by them, as well as them having more shot opportunities cannot happen. These are things we can control, we’ve done it so well this season, except this one game.

As always, go Lady Vols!

For the casual WBB fan out there looking at the score of our game vs Air Force 80 something to 50 something looks better than 70 something to 50 something to the general fan it’s a 30 point win not a 20 point win.

Doubtful. I’m sure the casual fan can do the math and know that the difference between 79 and 81 is two, not ten.

VN Store

Back