Game Thread: (20/22) Lady Vols vs. Ole Miss

I somewhat disagree because OM is by far not the quickest teams we have played and Marta played many minutes in those!

Sure you can disagree and i like that we agree to disagree. Sure Marta would have played but i don`t think a lot. I remember when we played LSU most agree LSU was a bad team but i said before that game Marta would not play a lot. Not because she can not play only because of the team match ups.

I thought we had better matchups without Marta on the floor in this game. Ole Miss was really getting into the passing lanes early in the game and when we went small they were not as effective. They stayed in the game with those three point daggers. We made like two all night.

Whats up with Marta not playing?
Marta seemed to be walking gingerly. Hope it's not a serious injury. Destiny Salary filled in admirably and made a strong case for much more playing time, even when Marta returns. The LadyVols were very fortunate to win this game against a much improved Ole Miss team. I'm very glad we don't have to play them twice during the regular season. One other comment regarding Horston. She has a very bad habit of slapping her teammates in the head after they make a good play. Next time this happens I hope they rare back and slap her back just as hard so she will know how it feels. There's no excuse for such behavior and it needs to stop. She's taking team camaraderie way too far. It's obvious the other players don't appreciate it, such as Tamari and Destiny.

I think every team has a loss now except Louisville. That will be a great game to watch when they play NC State next week.

It's bizarre to think that a very few bounces in our favor and we're 14-0 with wins over six currently-ranked teams.

Makes one wonder where we'd have been ranked in that event. We'd be xalling Kellie a coaching genius.

Tonight's game highlights our inconsistency and why we should probably be really grateful for ourcurrent record.

Fwiw, I agree with jeebie about the head-slapping. Some of her teammates look really annoyed.

Marta seemed to be walking gingerly. Hope it's not a serious injury. Destiny Salary filled in admirably and made a strong case for much more playing time, even when Marta returns. The LadyVols were very fortunate to win this game against a much improved Ole Miss team. I'm very glad we don't have to play them twice during the regular season. One other comment regarding Horston. She has a very bad habit of slapping her teammates in the head after they make a good play. Next time this happens I hope they rare back and slap her back just as hard so she will know how it feels. There's no excuse for such behavior and it needs to stop. She's taking team camaraderie way too far. It's obvious the other players don't appreciate it, such as Tamari and Destiny.
Coach Harper said she had a " foot " injury and her tone had the sound that she just might be out for awhile.

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
Salary not only had the 3 big baskets at crucial times, she also had 4 reb, 4 assts, 2 steals and only 1 t.o. in 26 mins. Sure made KJH's decision to give her big mins tonight look good. I'm sure she'll get plenty more opportunities and if she could emerge as a solid contributor over this next, tough SEC stretch it would be great.

Walker also had a solid game in just 14 mins, hit her only shot and also hit two must-have free throws late in the game, 5 reb, 2 assists and a block with just 1 t.o.

Salary not only had the 3 big baskets at crucial times, she also had 4 reb, 4 assts, 2 steals and only 1 t.o. in 26 mins. Sure made KJH's decision to give her big mins tonight look good. I'm sure she'll get plenty more opportunities and if she could emerge as a solid contributor over this next, tough SEC stretch it would be great.

Walker also had a solid game in just 14 mins, hit her only shot and also hit two must-have free throws late in the game, 5 reb, 2 assists and a block with just 1 t.o.

I did not know about Marta’s injury. I just thought Kelly was going with more guards/ball handlers! As far as I was concerned.... it made since to help against their defensive pressures? Good move no matter why !

Can this be the point guard rotation now? For the love of all that is holy?

VN Store

Back