Schedule
Game Notes (PDF)

OLE MISS

Roster
Schedule
Game Notes

Go Lady Vols

Last edited:
Maybe, but GameTime has rubbed off on me a little. My optimism meter is pegged. I think we're getting ready for a great ride through the rest of the season starting with Ole Miss.

Rickster, you're a great fan.....Proud to be your teammate!

There was a time you had to worry about letdowns or not playing with necessary effort. I am finally confident that this team will come out with forty minutes of effort everytime they play. They let the Georgia game slip away and it was a lesson learned that games last forty minutes not 20. I look for us to come out and win this game by double digits. I believe we can dominate inside and again put up 40 to 50 paint points. Ole Miss, even though they have only one conference win, is capable of playing you close still I'm thinking Tennessee 75 Ole Miss 58.

I think we find good rhythm in this game. Now that we have opened more offensive options with Tamari and Kasi, things should be easier for Davis, Burrell and Horston. Expect early establishment from our post play, to allow the guards to open and spread the floor.

TN: 77
Ole Miss: 48

Last edited:
I do worry this may be a trap game. As teams move forward learning how to win (which I believe is far more important than many realize), trap games are particularly concerning. With confidence in a team's ability to compete with the better teams, they often take the lesser teams for granted. We can't do that.

Reactions: mcannon1
sooooooo how do we contain Shakira? or not let one of their guards have a career night against us.
I think Key can do that 1-on-1 if Shakira plans on playing inside. Don't know how good her jumper is, so maybe she tries to take Key out to the perimeter, but...I think this is a good matchup for Tennessee.

If we shut down Sharkira we will win comfortably regardless of what guard goes off for Ole Miss. If she scores 20+ and a guard goes off were in trouble .

LV's 77 Ole Miss 62

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
I would give her those shots with a hand in her face all day. She won't make those constantly. 25% 3p shooter on only 12 attempts this year.

Lol yep. She can shoot those all day if she wants. Not going to hit a very high % from deep or off the bounce. Especially with Tamari on her.

She doesn’t seem very interested in playing back to the basket which is really what Ole Miss needs out of her.

Lol yep. She can shoot those all day if she wants. Not going to hit a very high % from deep or off the bounce. Especially with Tamari on her.

She doesn’t seem very interested in playing back to the basket which is really what Ole Miss needs out of her.
One of the reasons she left Maryland, she preferred to be on the perimeter rather than in the Post, I'd let her have those shots, she also have to defend in the paint and it's easier guarding 6'2"/6'3" players who play on the perimeter, it's not that easy defending 6'4" and 6'7" especially when 6'4" and 6'7" wants to be physical and you don't!

Should have stayed at Maryland you think ?

Should have stayed at Maryland you think ?

Nah they have 0 room for her. She was squeezed out there by Diamond Miller, Mimi Collins and Angel Reese. They now picked up Alaysia (sp?) Styles who is a similar type player.

Shak wanted to be on the perimeter and that wasn’t going to happen over Miller and Reese.

Nah they have 0 room for her. She was squeezed out there by Diamond Miller, Mimi Collins and Angel Reese. They now picked up Alaysia (sp?) Styles who is a similar type player.

Shak wanted to be on the perimeter and that wasn’t going to happen over Miller and Reese.

Oh well !

Reactions: VolBall09

VN Store

Back