Game Thread: (20/21) Lady Vols at Missouri

I don't know about Darby's weight.

Last year, I did watch a video of Marta play with her team in Spain. Unsure, but think she has added 20 pounds.

Happy Harper is feeding them very well! I think that is a good thing to advance to the college level. On the men's team, painful to watch Gaines get thrown around.

mad, I use to live in San Diego with a girl that had a constant case of painful shin splints...We were both into a lot of jogging and other sporting activities the yuppies were doing in those days; jogging, tennis, racket ball, and even some bowling...

I chose to run on the grassier areas like parks, while she liked to run on sidewalks and the streets of San Diego....When she would get to hurting from the shin splints, I would tell her to run on the grass with me at the parks....She said no one could see her there....She did like to be looked at...

I would ice her legs down and do some massaging to help ease the pain.....The best "temporary cure" was not to jog for a few weeks....But, as soon as she got back on the streets, the pain would start back up again....

Darby must be really suffering, poor kid....I had a lot of hope for her, at least as a 3 point shooter...Not sure she will ever be 100% rid of this ailment, but I sure hope so...She is such a sweetheart....Great smile!
20201104_WB_Practice_KL_005.jpg

That is the pernicious thing about this injury. Once it starts feeling better and athletes jump back in they quickly regress,.

For my daughter, I asked if we should get an MRI to assess whether or not she actually had a stress fractures. And the sports med doc, said nope, it does not matter, you treat them exactly the same- 6 weeks of no impact, physical therapy and a very gradual and managed return to play schedule. It takes about 3 months to go through the entire rehab process.

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
Funny, if Kellie coached like RP, everyone would be calling for her head. All Mizzou does is lose close games.

Robin Pingeton is roughly equivalent to Melanie Balcomb at Vandy. She recruits players to her system (shoot 3s and foul and flop so incessantly that refs just give up trying to call the game). The entire team is a one-trick pony who have no plan B which accounts for all the lost closegames. When they are hitting 3s, coupled with their assault and battery defense, they can stay close in many games but lack the talent (or adaptability) to win it in crunch time. The LVs caught Mizzou at their very best in the first half. That was their absolute upper level of performance to grind out a 3 point lead against a LV team not firing on all cylinders.

Send me the tape of the game you watched. It wasn't the one ESPN broadcast. Mizzou scored more points in the second half than in the first. If Kellie coached as well as Robin the Lady Vols might be vying for the SEC title like in the old days instead of being happy and relieved to finish third. And if Robin had the talent that Tenn has, her team would be near the top of the SEC standings.

Don't get me wrong, Harper is a good coach. But so is Pingeton.

P.S. Melanie Balcomb hasn't been the coach at Vandy for nearly five years. Try to keep up. Also, Balcom's record at Vandy was virtually identical to Harper's at Tenn and her lifetime coaching record is about 100 points higher. (Pingeton's lifetime coaching record is also better than Harper's.)

"The LVs are going to beat Mizzou so badly that the entire institution and indeed the state will collapse and fall into the sea never to be seen again. Given the landlocked geography of the state, the scale of this devastating defeat will obviously be seismic. I am posting this 100% certain... "

And your ridiculous pre-game prediction didn't pan out too well either!

Last edited:
"The LVs are going to beat Mizzou so badly that the entire institution and indeed the state will collapse and fall into the sea never to be seen again. Given the landlocked geography of the state, the scale of this devastating defeat will obviously be seismic. I am posting this 100% certain... "

@madtownvol maybe you should have put it in blue font some ppl dont know what a joke is

“I’ve been thinking about it. It’s just crazy,” Davis said on her upcoming final game. “I don’t want to go too in depth, cause I’ll get emotional. But that game on Sunday is going to be very special for me and all of my teammates

Reactions: travis929
“You watch them, very similar to Mizzou.” Harper said on Auburn. “They’ve been in a lot of games, and teams have been able to pull it out late. Thus the no wins. But you don’t like playing a team that hasn’t won, especially a team as good as Auburn, considering their record.”

yeah lets not give them their first SEC Win

Reactions: travis929
If they beat Auburn, they secure the No. 3 seed, and would play the winner of the No. 6/11 game. If Tennessee loses, depending on other teams’ outcomes, it could have anywhere from the No. 3 to No. 5 seeds, which would not give them the double-bye.

The best thing for the Lady Vols would be to take care of business against an 0-14 conference team in Auburn

If they beat Auburn, they secure the No. 3 seed, and would play the winner of the No. 6/11 game. If Tennessee loses, depending on other teams’ outcomes, it could have anywhere from the No. 3 to No. 5 seeds, which would not give them the double-bye.

The best thing for the Lady Vols would be to take care of business against an 0-14 conference team in Auburn

Gotta take care of business. Hopefully they aren’t too mentally out of it with senior day and everything. Senior day is always a little scary, lots of emotions and lots “lasts.” Hope Rennia has a huge game and we win handily. #3 seed would be a very good look to the seeding committee. To finish behind A&M and SC, having beaten the latter, is nothing to sneeze at.

Send me the tape of the game you watched. It wasn't the one ESPN broadcast. Mizzou scored more points in the second half than in the first. If Kellie coached as well as Robin the Lady Vols might be vying for the SEC title like in the old days instead of being happy and relieved to finish third. And if Robin had the talent that Tenn has, her team would be near the top of the SEC standings.

P.S. Melanie Balcomb hasn't been the coach at Vandy for nearly five years. Try to keep up. Also, Balcom's record at Vandy was virtually identical to Harper's at Tenn and her lifetime coaching record is about 100 points higher. (Pingeton's lifetime coaching record is also better than Harper's.)

You are so right, I am truly devastated that Missouri did not fall into the sea. I bet so much $ on that outcome and now i am ruined. I should have learned after my "pigs will fly" wager.

Just too clarify, Balcomb is such old news that her name simply can't be mentioned but then you draw out an additional comparison between her and Kellie. Puzzling. Does the word "irony" ring any bells.

Anyway, I am glad to see that your anger management counseling is going so well.

Toodaloo

If Kellie coached as well as Robin the Lady Vols might be vying for the SEC title like in the old days instead of being happy and relieved to finish third. And if Robin had the talent that Tenn has, her team would be near the top of the SEC standings.

Now would that be crack or meth you've been smoking?

This seems oddly disproportionate.

Darby,Jessie and Saurez seem to be in not peak shape....(polite)

Darby has been slowed by lower leg issues... Marta got to the states extremely late and missed the majority of conditioning due to visa problems and when she got here it was a 14 day quarantine and then she was in practice like 2 days later lol... Marta also doesn’t run in practice due to her foot issue

I look at KK and Key who seem to be in better shape and how the conditioning program had the girls ready to play in that arkansas game which is an up and down team.

I do agree this off season will be vital in those players development so hopefully they can get after it!

VN Store

Back