Game Thread: (20/21) Lady Vols at Missouri

She had a stop at Iowa in between those two and did a lot of good for that program with her recruiting. She can great guard.

was she there when they recruited the last really good guard they had at Iowa?

i can’t remember her name. I also think she helped recruit Dungee when she was transferring and their point guard McDaniels who is pretty good in her own right. To think about it also Ramirez

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
was she there when they recruited the last really good guard they had at Iowa?

i can’t remember her name. I also think she helped recruit Dungee when she was transferring and their point guard McDaniels who is pretty good in her own right. To think about it also Ramirez

Yes, she’s the one who brought Kathleen Doyle to Iowa. Also Megan Gustafson. Both were under rated recruits who had incredible careers. Doyle was an incredible passer and became a great scorer for them as well.

Yes, she’s the one who brought Kathleen Doyle to Iowa. Also Megan Gustafson. Both were under rated recruits who had incredible careers. Doyle was an incredible passer and became a great scorer for them as well.

Couldn’t remember her name.. thank you! yes, if she can find that type of talent hidden and get some top talent TN will be ready to roll. I think she found another hidden gem in Justine Pissott

Jessie has regressed it seems. Don't know what she did to earn those minutes. Darby really needed them if she is in any plans for the future.
I think Darby still having the leg issues makes her a bid liability defensively. Hopefully that all goes away this year and next year she gets some time on the court she definitely can shoot the three when she get time in a game to get in a rhythm.

Couldn’t remember her name.. thank you! yes, if she can find that type of talent hidden and get some top talent TN will be ready to roll. I think she found another hidden gem in Justine Pissott

I agree. I think Pissott could be a game changer for us. Trying to not get too excited but she’s getting better and better and her shot is elite. Reminds me of the Samuelson sisters in HS. They were all shooters/finesse players who developed more physicality as their career went on.

Lacey seems extremely likable and appears to identify really well with young people. Appears that her style is getting in early and developing a strong bond. The fact that Pissott committed so early is a good sign. If she can start signing one or two really talented players early in the recruiting cycle it will attract other great players to join them.

Pissott is hardly a hidden gem.

"Tennessee’s Marta Suárez and Missouri’s Mama Dembele can catch up in Columbia. Suárez, a freshman forward who is dealing with a foot injury that limits her court time, and Dembele, a freshman guard who has appeared in all 17 games for the Tigers this season, attended Joaquim Blume Institute together in Esplugues de Llobregat, a province of Barcelona. The Spaniards also were teammates in Spain’s LF2 League with Segle XXI Barcelona."
Screenshot 2021-02-26 at 9.56.58 AM.png

Are there any updates on Burrell's ankle today?
Tennessee coach Kellie Harper thinks Burrell will be fine after some rest and minor treatments.
"It was obviously good to see her come back in the game and be able to play," Harper said. "Those ankles, they hurt. So I know she had to be playing through some pain."

I think Darby still having the leg issues makes her a bid liability defensively. Hopefully that all goes away this year and next year she gets some time on the court she definitely can shoot the three when she get time in a game to get in a rhythm.

Darby is even slower than Rennie and can't defend man-to-man.

Jessie shot a three point shot something like 10 feet. Horrible looking shot must have slipped out of her hand.

Announcer said it was deflected although I didn't see it.

Reactions: PineyBluff Vol
Darby is even slower than Rennie and can't defend man-to-man.

Announcer said it was deflected although I didn't see it.
I don't think she is slower has some leg problems that might be causing some problems on defense right now. I saw her play in high school was a lot quicker than what I've seen here. When you have pain caused by shin problems you automatically move slower because of the pain. She is a better shooter than Rennie.

I don't think she is slower has some leg problems that might be causing some problems on defense right now. I saw her play in high school was a lot quicker than what I've seen here. When you have pain caused by shin problems you automatically move slower because of the pain. She is a better shooter than Rennie.

speed is relevant,,,the slowest opponent in the SEC will be as fast as the fastest opponent in HS,,,unless they to were recruited

I would put my money on Darby though,,,I have talked personally to people who watched her shoot and she is a gunner

Mizzou is well coached. They come in to each contest with a decent game plan and the players usually play smart, hard and execute it well. They often live or die with the three, and late in the game when the legs are tired the threes don't come easy. They don't have the depth that would let them match up with top 20 teams in the fourth quarter unless they've built a big lead. Of the five teams you mention, with the possible exception of LSU, Mizzou doesn't have nearly the same level of elite talent. But they do have a consistency of spirit and effort that makes them competitive in nearly every game they play.

Funny, if Kellie coached like RP, everyone would be calling for her head. All Mizzou does is lose close games.

Robin Pingeton is roughly equivalent to Melanie Balcomb at Vandy. She recruits players to her system (shoot 3s and foul and flop so incessantly that refs just give up trying to call the game). The entire team is a one-trick pony who have no plan B which accounts for all the lost closegames. When they are hitting 3s, coupled with their assault and battery defense, they can stay close in many games but lack the talent (or adaptability) to win it in crunch time. The LVs caught Mizzou at their very best in the first half. That was their absolute upper level of performance to grind out a 3 point lead against a LV team not firing on all cylinders.

VN Store

Back