Game Thread: (19/12) Lady Vols vs. Georgia College (EXH)

I know it's an exhibition game, but I am ready to sit down and watch some LV Bball. And I know there won't be 10K there for this type of game but will be more than the 2.5 to 3K that were allowed last year.

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
I know it's an exhibition game, but I am ready to sit down and watch some LV Bball. And I know there won't be 10K there for this type of game but will be more than the 2.5 to 3K that were allowed last year.

I feel bad every time I see a video of a Lady Vol saying how much she is looking forward to TBA "being at full capacity again," because despite there not being any attendance restrictions this season, I suspect attendance will be way down. I sure hope I'm wrong, but I'm just not sure the COVID scare is over for enough people that the arena will go back to 10,000-plus butts in seats. And we all know for sure that tonight's exhibition game that starts at 6:30 will not have huge numbers -- exhibition games have always had smaller crowds, even back when the Lady Vols were winning championships.

I feel bad every time I see a video of a Lady Vol saying how much she is looking forward to TBA "being at full capacity again," because despite there not being any attendance restrictions this season, I suspect attendance will be way down. I sure hope I'm wrong, but I'm just not sure the COVID scare is over for enough people that the arena will go back to 10,000-plus butts in seats. And we all know for sure that tonight's exhibition game that starts at 6:30 will not have huge numbers -- exhibition games have always had smaller crowds, even back when the Lady Vols were winning championships.
Honestly even when it goes back to “normal” I doubt we’ll have huge numbers like in the past. We need to drive a younger fan base to the games. I hope winning will do that eventually.

Honestly even when it goes back to “normal” I doubt we’ll have huge numbers like in the past. We need to drive a younger fan base to the games. I hope winning will do that eventually.

Attachments

• DE810E25-859D-4AC0-970A-18705514927F.jpeg
    DE810E25-859D-4AC0-970A-18705514927F.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 23
Reactions: Rickster

Ouch. It's worse than I thought it would be. Hopefully the numbers will tick up when we get into some real competition and if fans gain confidence that going to the games is going to be a "normal" event again.

The game is listed for SEC Network+ but I think if you're in region you can watch it on the ESPN app as long as you have the SEC Network tier on your cable plan. People should refresh their ESPN app screen if they don't see it. Might get lucky if they're trying to watch. Sometimes the ESPN app lists multiple entries for the same broadcast, one that's accessible, one that's paywalled - even though it's the same game stream. I have no idea why. Other times, you have to bypass the obvious paywalled listing and scroll to the bottom where it lists sports by category, and navigate to the entry in that section. ESPN is weird.

VN Store

Back