Game Thread: (19/12) Lady Vols vs. Georgia College (EXH)

GameTime is right Peak, I should have specified. You have to go through the ESPN app and sign in with your tv provider, Hulu is an option and as long as your have the SEC network as part of your Hulu package, you’re good to go.

Ok cool, I have the sec network with the live tv package I just wanna set myself up properly for this season. So excitedddddddd!!!

Ok cool, I have the sec network with the live tv package I just wanna set myself up properly for this season. So excitedddddddd!!!
Then you’re good to go!!! I’m excited as well! It’s going to be an intriguing season and I hope we surprise a lot of people!

Im sensing a #1 seed in the tournament! Lmao

Checklist of what I'll look for tomorrow night:

1) Do the returners look stronger, faster, quicker, or improved in skills like ball handling, rebounding, shooting, etc.
2) Do the freshmen look like they belong in the college game? How will CKH use each of them? Are any of them likely to start of be major contibutors early in the season?
3) Is Coach Harper going to change her approach this year in either oiffense or defensive way of playing? For example, Barnes exhibiition game showed he is emphasizing 3 pt shooting and paint points, and discounting mid range shots.
4) How does our individual and team defense look?
5) How well has the team gelled on offense? Are we really going to be a better three point shooting team as hoped?
6) We have a lot more speed this year with Wynn, MIles, and Dye, and if injuries for some returners are healed. How will Kellie take advantage of that?

Checklist of what I'll look for tomorrow night:

1) Do the returners look stronger, faster, quicker, or improved in skills like ball handling, rebounding, shooting, etc.
2) Do the freshmen look like they belong in the college game? How will CKH use each of them? Are any of them likely to start of be major contibutors early in the season?
3) Is Coach Harper going to change her approach this year in either oiffense or defensive way of playing? For example, Barnes exhibiition game showed he is emphasizing 3 pt shooting and paint points, and discounting mid range shots.
4) How does our individual and team defense look?
5) How well has the team gelled on offense? Are we really going to be a better three point shooting team as hoped?
6) We have a lot more speed this year with Wynn, MIles, and Dye, and if injuries for some returners are healed. How will Kellie take advantage of that?

Big Al, Coach Kellie said we are going to be incorporating the 3 ball more into the offense than before...This class is loaded with gunners, they will be used and used often....Also, if Tess has healed from her shin splints, she is another excellent outside shooter...This team is going to surprise many.

I'm sure "the big gun" will be watching from New Jersey, and picturing how she will fit in next season.....

Coming straight on for you!

2020-2021-Tennessee-Lady-Vols-Basketball-7.jpg

We will learn very little from this exhibition game. It will be more like a shoot around than a game. I guess we may see how they mesh together but that's about it.

Reactions: Rickster
What's the over/under, in tomorrow's game, before coach Jumper says "why isn't coach K using her time outs?"

I'll say by 3 minutes of the second quarter for a dollar...( having fun with ya coach)
5ddb077c56a2d611975b4ced_When-Basketball-Coaches-Should-Call-Timeout.jpeg

We will learn very little from this exhibition game. It will be more like a shoot around than a game. I guess we may see how they mesh together but that's about it.

I think you're right. At best, a game like this is about working on timing and defensive skills. Just working out the kinks. I expect they could score on every possession once they get their legs under them.

Agreed, and it would be important for people to keep that in mind. What we want to see in a game like this is getting in reps, folks knowing their jobs, knowing where to be on defense, who can handle what type of assignment, who shows signs of leadership on the court, etc. Good teams handle their business, even when the game is an "easy" one. Preseason, the stats won't tell you as much as watching the play on the court (such that it can in the preseason).

Agreed, and it would be important for people to keep that in mind. What we want to see in a game like this is getting in reps, folks knowing their jobs, knowing where to be on defense, who can handle what type of assignment, who shows signs of leadership on the court, etc. Good teams handle their business, even when the game is an "easy" one. Preseason, the stats won't tell you as much as watching the play on the court (such that it can in the preseason).
You literally just said “agreed” to that statement and then went on to list a bevy of things we can learn from this exhibition game. You can actually learn a lot from an exhibition game, otherwise there would be no need to play them.

Reactions: VOLINVONORE
You literally just said “agreed” to that statement and then went on to list a bevy of things we can learn from this exhibition game. You can actually learn a lot from an exhibition game, otherwise there would be no need to play them.

Ok, yeah, you're right, I listed some of the "meshing together" business and housekeeping someone could keep an eye on during the exhibition. If I could clarify, then let's say people shouldn't read much into the results of the game.

The team and staff learn quite a bit but the fans, not so much. It's kind of like the Orange and White game in football. We may see a player that looks like the number 1 pick in the draft but will struggle to get on the court during the season. The staff and team learn communication, how to check in and out of the game, how the coaching meshes during a timeout, and on and on. The games are useful for the staff and team but we, as fans, not so much. That being said, just get this day over with so I can see some Lady Vols Basketball. GLV!!!!

Georgia College had a pretty bad year last year. Since Kellie’s brother is their Coach, I’m sure she doesn’t plan to overly stomp their team. However, we cannot let up on effort. I’m looking forward to seeing all the new players especially, and also Emily. Since we no longer have Kasi, she may see more minutes than ever before.

Looking forward to fast breaks, layups, rebounding, and 3 pointers.

SO happy the season is here.

GO LADY VOLS!!!

Georgia College had a pretty bad year last year. Since Kellie’s brother is their Coach, I’m sure she doesn’t plan to overly stomp their team. However, we cannot let up on effort. I’m looking forward to seeing all the new players especially, and also Emily. Since we no longer have Kasi, she may see more minutes than ever before.

GO LADY VOLS!!!

I want our players to give 100% effort during their time on the court and let the score be what it will be.

GO LADY VOLS!!!
I think she'll keep her foot on the gas!

Reactions: Volfaninfl2
Georgia college has nine freshmen , one senior three juniors and were 1-14 last year and previous year won only 5.

FYI an interesting read on The 1916 Cumberland vs. Georgia Tech football game which was the most lopsided in the history of college American football, with Georgia Tech winning 222–0. The game was played on October 7, 1916, between the Georgia Tech Engineers and Cumberland College Bulldogs at Grant Field Georgia

Reactions: Volfaninfl2
Yeah, this is no more than a glorified scrimmage, but I guarantee you it'll be a genuine thrill for all the newcomers especially as they get to wear the uniform in a game for the first time. Hopefully every one of them will get a chance to score their first points as Tennessee Lady Vols. GO LADY VOLS!

Yeah, this is no more than a glorified scrimmage, but I guarantee you it'll be a genuine thrill for all the newcomers especially as they get to wear the uniform in a game for the first time. Hopefully every one of them will get a chance to score their first points as Tennessee Lady Vols. GO LADY VOLS!

The other team will probably be pretty excited, too, playing in a legendary place, where a legendary Coach coached.

VN Store

Back