Game Thread: #17/19 LADY VOLS VS. TEXAS

This is what we get for playing a schedule full of cupcakes. Hope Kelly fixes this schedule next year.

Were also shooting terribly not gonna win shooting in the 30's got to really get it going in the second half. I suspected Texas might play to their talent level today. We need to start playing to ours.

Reactions: Volfaninfl2
This is where we will see what kind of coaching staff we have now . Last year zero adjustments would be made at halftime . Bet you we will come out better this half .
Come on LV!!! GBO!

Agree. Got to make adjustments. We had a chance to get both Collier and Joiner in foul trouble and didn't do it. We're falling in love with the outside shot and they're going to give it to us as long as we don't hit it. We've got to take the ball inside not pound the ball inside take the ball inside!

I understand what I miss about football season. The aggression, jawin at each other, getting into eachothers faces...
I wish someone would step onto the head of another player...

I haven't been really impressed with our play this year. It will have to get better or we will struggle in the SEC.

Not enough emphasis put on offensive skills, and no willingness to try to guard the three. Both hallmarks of our program. We will struggle against good posts, and quick guards.
A loss today and this team will have work to do in SEC play to make the tournament. The ND win isn’t going to do much because they probably will miss the tournament.

Now we'll see if Kellie & staff will make the proper adjustments and if the team will respond.

No more 7-8 point runs without time outs. No more bigs shooting outside shots with no rebounders underneath. No more wide-open, uncontested threes allowed. Bigs quit slinging ball over shoulder and off-balance and hoping it goes in. Guards protect the ball. Everybody move with purpose on offense.

You could probably look at every game Texas has played and they are playing with a lot more energy today than any game this season. The major difference in the game is field goal percentage. I am hoping we got the answer for them in the second half.

The difference in the first half has been guard play. Ours, not so good. Theirs, pretty effective.
Guard play will be the difference in this game. Right now we're playing the two to High three low Zone if it were me I would go to three high to low Zone we match up with their bigs we're not matching up with their guards. Also our girls are falling for their first move ball fakes ball swings they're jumping on the first move and getting beat off setup moves.

You could probably look at every game Texas has played and they are playing with a lot more energy today than any game this season. The major difference in the game is field goal percentage. I am hoping we got the answer for them in the second half.
They're not playing us like they are Texas, they're playing us like we are Tennessee. Now we need to play like we're Tennessee

Very poor on both offense and defense. Jasmine doesn't fight through screens. On offense we settle for the outside shot.

This is turning into a race......running up & down the court.

We can't make a basket for anything right now......nothing.

VN Store

Back