Game Thread: (16/19) Lady Vols at (RV/24) Mississippi State POSTPONED AGAIN

she is having back disc issues and was playing with plantar fascistic since thanksgiving
So we are continuing to play players with leg, knee and back issues that could cost them their careers at the expense of winning a game?

I guess she's been hurt for about a year and a half now...
Got to relax guys...
Pissed-off-GIFs-Get-the-best-GIF-on-GIPHY.gif

Reactions: stlvolsfan
Trying to get over it, but playing that Kentucky game with no Rennia killed our mojo. Coulda, shoulda, woulda...I know. But I do think if we had Rennia we have a different outcome in that game. We were missing our leader. If you can’t see the calm energy difference between the Kentucky game and A&M game you weren’t watching. Losing that Kentucky game hurt a lot, especially based on how we beat them the first time. Wasn’t a bad loss on our record per say but it was terrible timing.

I’m so frustrated because this team really seemed to be on a roll and now we’re right back where we were last season. Thanks to a couple COVID pauses and a short bench.

I just hope we can avoid the transfer bug and everyone gets better in the off-season. A month ago I thought we could make a deep tournament run. Not so now.

In order for us to have a positive finish to the season Horston must play better. She really needs that for her own sake coming down the stretch. If she can’t get her head right and have some positive moments to close the year I’m not sure what her future holds in Knoxville. She and Kellie seem to get along pretty good, but it has got to be tense at times. Coach isn’t blind and she shoots it pretty straight she can tell that Horston’s poor play cost us the last couple games.

The mental errors are still her Achilles heel. Fouling those 3 point shooters last night was a momentum killer. The A&M players were living rent free in her head and she was letting them. They were all talking mess to her and she was just hanging her shoulders. If she doesn’t like that feeling she’s going to have to play better. Plain and simple. This isn’t high school, she isn’t going to out athletic anyone. Gonna have to try a little harder.
It is difficult to lay all the blame on the players. The head coach is responsible for seeing how the players are playing. If the players are not doing the job, adjustments have to be made. A lot of Horston’s mistakes are due to carelessnes and risky passes, it is up to the coaching staff to point these things out to the players and take corrective actions. Horston is very athletic with a very high upside. I really believe that we need her athleticism in a more controlled environment. I would hate to lose her.

Feel bad for the LVs someone said the ladies are stuck in a hotel now with no power.

I don’t know why the game wasn’t cancelled sooner with all the weather heading east smh...

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
They read it, they don't read it who cares. It's a message board filled with opinions good and bad , smart, stupid, ignorant, and everything else you can think of. These ladies can do what they want with them if they want too but if they expect all sunshine and roses they came to the wrong program for that. I stand behind each and every one of them and cheer them on every game. I will give my opinion and could care less what their parents think.

News reports people who depend on grid for warmth are loosing their lives because of nowhere to turn and iced in. Solar and wind electricity not happening.
Where is the team staying? Major highways are iced in.

Feel bad for the LVs someone said the ladies are stuck in a hotel now with no power.

I don’t know why the game wasn’t cancelled sooner with all the weather heading east smh...

The bus is in the Houston hotel parking lot for them with heat and outlets to charge their phones. But finding anywhere open to feed them is futile.

That’s fair. Her mother needs to heed her own advice though. Why get up in arms with the fans when you know there is more to the story? To be fair we’re just going off of the product we see on the floor. If you know there is more to the story keep that head high and keep working.

It’s no secret she’s not playing well. Most people just want to see her doing better. I truly believe she’s one of the most talented players we’ve brought to Knoxville in a decade. We haven’t seen it though. If it’s due to injury that’s no fun. Hopefully the off-season is good to her.

If she thinks this is the worst criticism she’ll get during her career she’s sadly mistaken.
I honestly don’t know how the parents do it. Can you imagine strangers criticizing and demeaning your baby? I would rip you all a new one. I’d be suspended from Facebook and Twitter all the time.

Reactions: VolBall09 and Lucy
I believe Horston gets a lot of heat for multiple reasons, and the main being she was touted as a top 5 player coming out of high school. That alone is a lot of pressure. And Horston clearly shows flashes of her untapped potential, so when she sulks or has her head down it becomes frustrating to watch as a fan. If she doesn't shoot well, so be it. Rebound and play elite defense, and don't force unneeded turnovers. I loved watching Hornbuckle as a fan because she rebounded with toughness, showed fire and grit, and always hustled. At least to me Horston has the potential and athleticism of someone like Hornbuckle. Someone who didn't always have her shot going but did everything else well.

I believe Horston gets a lot of heat for multiple reasons, and the main being she was touted as a top 5 player coming out of high school. That alone is a lot of pressure. And Horston clearly shows flashes of her untapped potential, so when she sulks or has her head down it becomes frustrating to watch as a fan. If she doesn't shoot well, so be it. Rebound and play elite defense, and don't force unneeded turnovers. I loved watching Hornbuckle as a fan because she rebounded with toughness, showed fire and grit, and always hustled. At least to me Horston has the potential and athleticism of someone like Hornbuckle. Someone who didn't always have her shot going but did everything else well.
Two huge reasons are she was rated number 2 player and second she was the MVP of the American team that also had Bueckers and Fudd playing on it.

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK

VN Store

Back