Game Thread: (16/19) Lady Vols at (RV/24) Mississippi State POSTPONED AGAIN

I doubt if we get back to this game with Miss St unless we reschedule them instead of Texas A&M as not that many open dates left. I think we have a Sunday where we were supposed to play Vandy and so maybe Miss St or schedule A&M again.

TAMUhas that date open as well (14th) ... I could see cancelling the SEC tourney and having make up games that week

The good news if we don't play another game in the regular season we are qualified for the NCAA Tourney having met the 13 game requirement and also with a 5 and 3 record versus quadrant one teams. A few teams still trying to get to 13 games played.

I will be surprised if this game is not cancelled. Six inches of ice and snow predicted today. Tennessee Lady Vols stuck in Texas.

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
2020-21 Women's College Basketball Rankings for Week 13 | ESPN
Down to 21 but hanging in the top 25

Bracketology with Charlie Creme

Down to a sixth seed big games coming up.

No more room for error. If MSST game does manage to happen it’s basically a must win. As is our re-match with UGA.

With such a short bench I don’t think we will be able to beat SC. If we drop all 3 of these games we are in trouble. If they have a reduced field for the tourney I don’t think we will make it unless we win at least 1 of these games. Preferably 2.

This team seems predispositioned to play at the level of the competition. I'm just as worried about the games against unranked teams.
Worried about any road game. I am quite confident we can beat Auburn at home. All the others are let us see what we can do.

Trying to get over it, but playing that Kentucky game with no Rennia killed our mojo. Coulda, shoulda, woulda...I know. But I do think if we had Rennia we have a different outcome in that game. We were missing our leader. If you can’t see the calm energy difference between the Kentucky game and A&M game you weren’t watching. Losing that Kentucky game hurt a lot, especially based on how we beat them the first time. Wasn’t a bad loss on our record per say but it was terrible timing.

I’m so frustrated because this team really seemed to be on a roll and now we’re right back where we were last season. Thanks to a couple COVID pauses and a short bench.

I just hope we can avoid the transfer bug and everyone gets better in the off-season. A month ago I thought we could make a deep tournament run. Not so now.

In order for us to have a positive finish to the season Horston must play better. She really needs that for her own sake coming down the stretch. If she can’t get her head right and have some positive moments to close the year I’m not sure what her future holds in Knoxville. She and Kellie seem to get along pretty good, but it has got to be tense at times. Coach isn’t blind and she shoots it pretty straight she can tell that Horston’s poor play cost us the last couple games.

The mental errors are still her Achilles heel. Fouling those 3 point shooters last night was a momentum killer. The A&M players were living rent free in her head and she was letting them. They were all talking mess to her and she was just hanging her shoulders. If she doesn’t like that feeling she’s going to have to play better. Plain and simple. This isn’t high school, she isn’t going to out athletic anyone. Gonna have to try a little harder.

The team is still in Texas and looks like they’ll be there til Tuesday. I don’t think the game will be played tomorrow so i wonder if this game will be played at all

The team is still in Texas and looks like they’ll be there til Tuesday. I don’t think the game will be played tomorrow so i wonder if this game will be played at all

Likely not unless the league decides to forgo the SEC tournament to allow for makeup games. The are some other teams with a similar issue.

Reactions: VA_VOLFAN
Trying to get over it, but playing that Kentucky game with no Rennia killed our mojo. Coulda, shoulda, woulda...I know. But I do think if we had Rennia we have a different outcome in that game. We were missing our leader. If you can’t see the calm energy difference between the Kentucky game and A&M game you weren’t watching. Losing that Kentucky game hurt a lot, especially based on how we beat them the first time. Wasn’t a bad loss on our record per say but it was terrible timing.

I’m so frustrated because this team really seemed to be on a roll and now we’re right back where we were last season. Thanks to a couple COVID pauses and a short bench.

I just hope we can avoid the transfer bug and everyone gets better in the off-season. A month ago I thought we could make a deep tournament run. Not so now.

In order for us to have a positive finish to the season Horston must play better. She really needs that for her own sake coming down the stretch. If she can’t get her head right and have some positive moments to close the year I’m not sure what her future holds in Knoxville. She and Kellie seem to get along pretty good, but it has got to be tense at times. Coach isn’t blind and she shoots it pretty straight she can tell that Horston’s poor play cost us the last couple games.

The mental errors are still her Achilles heel. Fouling those 3 point shooters last night was a momentum killer. The A&M players were living rent free in her head and she was letting them. They were all talking mess to her and she was just hanging her shoulders. If she doesn’t like that feeling she’s going to have to play better. Plain and simple. This isn’t high school, she isn’t going to out athletic anyone. Gonna have to try a little harder.
This year I just want to get to the NCAA. To many things went wrong some players didn't live up to expectations. I thought we'd have a better bench than last season hasn't happened. Covid kept pausing the action making the schedules hard to deal with. We could win several of these remaining games if Jordan could find an efficient stretch of play and someone that we use off the bench could play error free maybe make a shot or two. Coaching staff has a lot of work to do in the off season. Need someone capable of replacing some of Rennia's scoring don't know where that is coming from. I will say again that the bench should be better with these incoming freshmen. It wouldn't be a bad idea for the coaching staff to take a hard look at the roster tell players who they think can play here and who probably can't. Look strong in the portal for only players that can play at this level. We need players not people to sit on the bench and cheer. You need to be able to go ten deep in the SEC minutes are a tough grind you need ten players with very little drop off I know that is hard to achieve.

I would love to see Rae and Rennia rally this team around an Us Against the World mentality. Embrace the suck, as they say. We've been dealt a hard hand, now let's go out there and kick some rears. Play on back to back days. Play twice a day. Don't matter. Line 'em up, then bring on the next one.

Diggstown, baby!

I would love to see Rae and Rennia rally this team around an Us Against the World mentality. Embrace the suck, as they say. We've been dealt a hard hand, now let's go out there and kick some rears. Play on back to back days. Play twice a day. Don't matter. Line 'em up, then bring on the next one.

Diggstown, baby!

Thats what I was hoping for last Sunday. I'll be happy if they just continue to get better.

Reactions: creekdipper
I remember stories about the team literally arriving a couple of hours before a game and still having to play.

Arkansas has traveled the day of all of their games this season. Probably part of the reason their record on the road is so much worse than at home. Tough to do that when you’re playing really good teams.

Definitely DOESN’T look like the game will be played tomorrow

Attachments

• 9BDD7DD3-B1C1-4D3C-81E2-E22FF0A28E6F.png
    9BDD7DD3-B1C1-4D3C-81E2-E22FF0A28E6F.png
    7.5 MB · Views: 10
Creme has us as a projected 6 seed vs BYU. That would be a nightmare matchup their Post Hamson is the best shot blocker in the nation and forward Gustin may be the best rebounder. Gonzales is one of the best PG’s they play a fast up and down game. Hopefully we avoid this.

VN Store

Back