Game Thread: (16/12) Lady Vols 74 - (12/21) Texas 70

I view this game much the way I would have had it been a close loss. It's a November benchmark and the LVs are moving in the right direction.
Ya'll are way too nice. I view it as an epic event in human history. And how about a banner?

Seriously, the national recognition is nice. There's every chance for this to be a dangerous team on the rise from here. Make it so.

I don’t see a cockiness…matter of fact I feel she’s too unselfish at times.
Where I see cockiness is her half assing dribbling and being lackadaisical with the ball. Maybe it’s not cockiness. But she tends to think her moves are unstoppable at times. She needs to be more protective of the ball. Her numbers will go up even more. She had the ability to be the best college player or at the least top 5.

The finest line in sports is the line between confidence and cockiness.
Very few can keep one foot on each side.
Jordan needs to be set free and watched,,,then controlled and restrained if need be.
COach K is using her wisely right now
Very good point about that fine line. Actually some of the other girls need to walk that line a little more and quit playing timidly

Reactions: krichunaka
Where I see cockiness is her half assing dribbling and being lackadaisical with the ball. Maybe it’s not cockiness. But she tends to think her moves are unstoppable at times. She needs to be more protective of the ball. Her numbers will go up even more. She had the ability to be the best college player or at the least top 5.

^Has

There fixed it

VOLFAN: Yes it was a huge come and win Tamari and the team. As i said from day one Tamari is very talented just needs to put it all together. When i saw her play in HS i said to my brother sitting next me this girl is incredible on the defensive end. As i said before there is a lot of talent in the two states that i know well NC and SC. VAFAN Virginia Tech Kenny Brooks made a strong push to get the Key sisters i know they offered Tamari first before the TN. And yes as some have posted before HS recruits and there parents read this message board and other teams. I have talked to many parents coaches and most agree there will be disapproval of players and coaces no matter what that comes with game. What i think hurts the most is the spin on this board i just say keep it real, Also mark this down 2022 pg Indya Nivar out of Apex NC will start at Stanford her fr year she is that good. Sorry Stanford

I am sorry. Help me out. This was so hard to follow. Was there a reason you added about "keeping it real"? did you take this post as an attack ? I'm genuinely asking because you follow the Key sisters and I thought you would be super proud of the North Carolina product. But you lost me in this whole post.

Last edited:
Reactions: Smallvol#1

Do you really know what Jordan is thinking? She is a big guard, like Sheikinna Stricklen from the "baby vol" era. S.S had the same tendency/problem of losing the ball when getting swarmed by smaller, quicker guards (and looking a little slow in comparison). Jordan is quicker and more athletic than SS but still vulnerable in the same kind of way. If the LVs are able to start spreading the floor with a consistent outside 3ppoint shooting threat, then some of these problem go away because Jordan will have more space to operate when getting to the rim.

Last edited:
Do you really know what Jordan is thinking? She is a big guard, like Sheikinna Stricklen from the "baby vol" era. S.S had the same tendency/problem of losing the ball when getting swarmed by smaller, quicker guards (and looking a little slow in comparison). Jordan is quicker and more athletic than SS but still vulnerable in the same kind of way. If the LVs are able to start spreading the floor with a consistent outside 3ppoint shooting threat, then some of these problem go away because Jordan will have more space to operate when getting to the rim.
That is true about spreading the floor. But only she can make the decision to stop dribbling into a crowd so many times.

Bottom line: Tennessee - without it's best player - beat a ranked Texas team in an early season matchup, and is looking like an elite defensive team. The victory cane over one of the best coaches in the game, Vic Schaefer. In addtion, there are good signs aplenty, with the play of Horston and Key, and the smooth incorporation of some freshmen into the rotation so early in the season. Miles and Puckett are making important contributions off the bench to help out. Dye and Green are helping out well on the inside, and Walker is playing well, even though shooting poorly. Miles gives the team a different dimension, similar to Zeigler on the men's team. There's every reaosn to think that Wynn will contribute before long, possibly Striplin, too. And with the return of Rae, we should be at full strength and improving steadily. Looks like a really good season ahead.

Bottom line: Tennessee - without it's best player - beat a ranked Texas team in an early season matchup, and is looking like an elite defensive team. The victory cane over one of the best coaches in the game, Vic Schaefer. In addtion, there are good signs aplenty, with the play of Horston and Key, and the smooth incorporation of some freshmen into the rotation so early in the season. Miles and Puckett are making important contributions off the bench to help out. Dye and Green are helping out well on the inside, and Walker is playing well, even though shooting poorly. Miles gives the team a different dimension, similar to Zeigler on the men's team. There's every reaosn to think that Wynn will contribute before long, possibly Striplin, too. And with the return of Rae, we should be at full strength and improving steadily. Looks like a really good season ahead.
And let's get Darby going!!

I am sorry. Help me out. This was so hard to follow. Was there a reason you added about "keeping it real"? did you take this post as an attack ? I'm genuinely asking because you follow the Chi sisters and I thought you would be super proud of the North Carolina product. But you lost me in this whole post.

No i did not take your post as an attack sorry. What i ment about keeping it real. Was me when i post on this board i call it like i see it and for what it is. And yes Tamari is getting a lot of props here in the state of NC. Sorry i was just rambling on about the talent in the of NC and SC. That `s all sorry for going of script.

Computer finally working again.....

One hell of a great game Lady Vols fans....One hell of a game!
Hot damn, Horston is like wonder woman on the basketball court....She is Ms Alpha, this is so very good.....

When Rae (another Alpha) gets back and gets her playing legs under her again, look out mama, the Lady Vols are going to be kickin a lot of surprised behinds...

These two gals, working together, will help with the training of our new talent to help the team be all it can be....

Big shout out to Ms Puckett, several times she screened out the Texas defenders opening the way for Horston to make her beautiful lay ups...
c473e41e-15c4-4766-ab29-1c8c3bf9d8be-medium16x9_20211121_WB_Texas_CJ_013.JPG

Last edited:
No i did not take your post as an attack sorry. What i ment about keeping it real. Was me when i post on this board i call it like i see it and for what it is. And yes Tamari is getting a lot of props here in the state of NC. Sorry i was just rambling on about the talent in the of NC and SC. That `s all sorry for going of script.

Hahah no worries i just wanted to make sure it didn't come across that way😃 Also (stupid phone) made me type Chi sisters and not Key

I love that NC is talent rich hopefully we get some more ! Blanca Thomas would be a good start 🥳

most of her turnovers are her trying force passes. she does not need to force passes she good player without them. she has cut her bad passes down each year oh.

You can make that point (as you did here) without calling our players disparaging names. That is all I was responding to.

Reactions: volfan__18
On the flip side. Texas was able to play aggressive hounding defense such as they did in the 3rd quarter and have no team fouls until 2 minutes left in the quarter. Doesn’t seem possible. The NCAA rule changes circa 2012ish said one hand touch when guarding. And a touch, not sustained hold. If you note the last play of regulation defense on Jordan’s included 2 hands on her all the way to the paint. Then a switch with Ebo taking over that included the 2 arm arm bar. The game is not football. It cheapens the entire game of basketball. Furthermore, on the inbounds, when holding like they did, it gives a distinct advantage in reaction time to the response to TN movement.

That was apparently a “point of emphasis” in 2012 and they have since moved away from that. Some still call it but others now allow it again. Most of the officials seem to be OK with some contact on the ball handler as long as it’s only one hand. Soon as you put two on a ball handler it’s supposed to be a foul. They got away with that for a while in the third as you mentioned.

Last edited:
Reactions: LadyVols_WBK

Did she do something to you? You harp on her quite a bit, and it feels personal. :confused:

Did she do something to you? You harp on her quite a bit, and it feels personal. :confused:
Really? Like you know any of these girls personally? It’s my opinion. She needs to play more under control with her talents and quit trying to make the fancy highlight plays.

Reactions: 007Racer
yes lots of bonehead plays are her trying to be like larry bird or magic johnson passing

I'll bet you can't find any other player in the nation, men or women, who is averaging 7.7 turnovers a game. I would guess that easily tops the country, and it's absolutely ridiculous for an upperclassman guard who isn't even the primary point guard. She is great at so many things, but her attitude and carelessness with the ball is why she will never be an elite player...

Reactions: 007Racer

VN Store

Back